LOL another guest vs character misconduct

hrcollectibles

I have a few questions on this

1) why did she wait 2 years to file a lawsuit?
2) what does "can't perform her daily duties" really mean?
3) nausea,digestive problems? what she cant eat duck anymore?

here is a picture of her
1031.jpg

You know what can cure her digestive problems?.. Petobismol..Seriously why wait 2 almost 3 years? If it was that traumatic why wait so long. I highly doubt Donald is to blame for her digestive problems.

AEfx

I agree that it is most likely a bogus claim. But most posters in this thread automatically assumed she was lying, and that her claims are bogus. This is one of the reasons our legal system doesn't always work...people are quick to judge without knowing the facts. But that's not to say he medical trauma couldn't be real. S-e-x-ual trauma can be set off by a lot of things...for all we know she may have been an abused child, so even a hug might have set her off.

If she was traumatized by someone else, then she willingly goes up to a character for physical interaction, does she not have any responsibility here if simply "a hug" could have set her off?

In any case, a character bumping up against a breast and causing anyone years of trauma is just absurd. It would sort of like if someone went to Disney to ride their favorite ride, Splash Mountain, and the day they go it's not working. They are so traumatized that they jump on the monorail, go to the Contemporary, and jump off the roof to their death.

Is Disney responsible for that death because the ride wasn't open? Nope. The person already had mental problems to begin with if they killed themselves, whatever set them off is whatever set them off. You can't induce someone to do something like that they were not already prepared to do.

You'll find the posts in this thread are not just "defending" Disney but just a response to this ridiculous world we live in where you can sue over nothing. Donald can't even see sideways, so unless they were standing face to face, he stuck his hands out and rubbed them over her chest, then it likely wasn't intentional.

It's lawsuits like this that are going to just end character interaction eventually. Watch, a few more of these and the most you'll be able to do is go up and stand near (and have to stay at least a certain distance away) a character standing with their arms locked to their sides.

As to this woman, no matter how traumatic her past (which is speculation anyway, but in any case is not Disney's fault) it's still ridiculous for any human being who is not severely mentally ill to begin with to say that someone who rubbed up against her chest is causing physical and mental problems that two years later she needs monetary damages for. I don't care what her situation is, that's just stupid. If it did happen, every right to be upset. But to say her life has been practically ruined by it? I wish their was a stronger word, but absurd is the only one I can come up with.

flavious27

If she was traumatized by someone else, then she willingly goes up to a character for physical interaction, does she not have any responsibility here if simply "a hug" could have set her off?

In any case, a character bumping up against a breast and causing anyone years of trauma is just absurd. It would sort of like if someone went to Disney to ride their favorite ride, Splash Mountain, and the day they go it's not working. They are so traumatized that they jump on the monorail, go to the Contemporary, and jump off the roof to their death.

Is Disney responsible for that death because the ride wasn't open? Nope. The person already had mental problems to begin with if they killed themselves, whatever set them off is whatever set them off. You can't induce someone to do something like that they were not already prepared to do.

You'll find the posts in this thread are not just "defending" Disney but just a response to this ridiculous world we live in where you can sue over nothing. Donald can't even see sideways, so unless they were standing face to face, he stuck his hands out and rubbed them over her chest, then it likely wasn't intentional.

It's lawsuits like this that are going to just end character interaction eventually. Watch, a few more of these and the most you'll be able to do is go up and stand near (and have to stay at least a certain distance away) a character standing with their arms locked to their sides.

As to this woman, no matter how traumatic her past (which is speculation anyway, but in any case is not Disney's fault) it's still ridiculous for any human being who is not severely mentally ill to begin with to say that someone who rubbed up against her chest is causing physical and mental problems that two years later she needs monetary damages for. I don't care what her situation is, that's just stupid. If it did happen, every right to be upset. But to say her life has been practically ruined by it? I wish their was a stronger word, but absurd is the only one I can come up with.

Just another crazy woman from pa that involves disney, atleast the mom that was "kidnapped" has not sued disney for something yet.

rlm919

I am going to sue because none of the princesses have ever touched me inappropriately and now I have serious self-esteem issues.

meganw1985

I'm a nurse, and get inappropriately groped, touched, spoken to, looked at, etc. by creepy men every day. It has even happened with doctors (which is considerably more difficult to handle due to the fact you actually have to respect them). It's never become SO inappropriate that I would sue/have permanent psychological damage. It happens to nurses all over the place, and you just deal with it, laugh it off if needed, and complain to your co-workers. And they are people without huge fuzzy suits and no helmets!

llrain

Original Poster
case settled. Surprise surprise

case is dropped beacuse of a settlement...another fleecing of Disney by
a guest looking for handouts....amazing...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-donald-duck-suit-dismissed-20110513,0,266883.story

April Magolon, a 28-year-old Pennsylvania woman who claimed a Walt Disney Parks and Resorts employee dressed as Donald Duck fondled her during a visit to Epcot in May 2008, has settled her lawsuit against Disney, according to a report on TheSmokingGun.com.

According to the report, the case was formally dismissed today in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, the day after the parties' lawyers reported a settlement had been reached.

The court filings did not reveal the terms of the settlement in the case, in which Magolon claimed she was visiting the park with her children and fiancée when she was groped by the Disney employee as she sought an autograph.

Maerj

These things almost always come from Pennsylvania. Why oh why? That's why I always say they should ban all people from PA at WDW, except myself of course. Although, I'd love to move to Florida, I hate the cold!

grumpylover

These things almost always come from Pennsylvania. Why oh why? That's why I always say they should ban all people from PA at WDW, except myself of course. Although, I'd love to move to Florida, I hate the cold!

:fork: apparently you had a bad childhood that you think all people from pa are bad ,i think they should ban all people like you from wdw, for being so ignorant :zipit:

flavious27

case is dropped beacuse of a settlement...another fleecing of Disney by
a guest looking for handouts....amazing...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-donald-duck-suit-dismissed-20110513,0,266883.story

April Magolon, a 28-year-old Pennsylvania woman who claimed a Walt Disney Parks and Resorts employee dressed as Donald Duck fondled her during a visit to Epcot in May 2008, has settled her lawsuit against Disney, according to a report on TheSmokingGun.com.

According to the report, the case was formally dismissed today in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, the day after the parties' lawyers reported a settlement had been reached.

The court filings did not reveal the terms of the settlement in the case, in which Magolon claimed she was visiting the park with her children and fiancée when she was groped by the Disney employee as she sought an autograph.

Well when the judge illegally kept the trial in his court, disney knew it was easier to settle than spend all of the money it needed to defend itself. This case shows what is wrong with our legal system, plaintiffs can sue for a low ball figure and get close to it because it cost too much to defend and the defendant can not get any fees back from the plaintiff.

I wonder what disney is going to do to try to avoid this. They could have an extra CM taping every M&G, but the cost would be in the 7 figures annually. They could have everyone sign a release that absorbs disney of any litigation unless there is proof and tdo is notified when it happens and not 2.5 years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom