Loking for some Opinions

beefog

So we decided, after long and painful hours to go to WDW for 3 nights without the kids for a little RNR. 3 or 4 things I need help with We have decided on Jan 08. :sohappy:

1st. ? Now do we go the 1st, 2nd or 3rd week?

2nd ? 3 nights many decisions? What is the best dinner, romantic dinner that is? we were thinking
1)California Grill
2)Flying Fish
3)Narcosse's

Any thoughts?

3rd? We are DVC so, Beach Club, Broadwalk or SS?

4th? Stone Massage SSR or GF Spa?

Any bodys thoughts are great

don't worry we are planning on a Dec 08 trip to take the kids DDS1 will be 4 and DDS will be 1.5

Thanks for our help

DisneyMarg

I really can't answer any of your questions, as I have never experienced any of the things you are asking about. But just wanted to say, GREAT IDEA!!! Lucky you two!

Upvote 0

Princess_Belle

Look up the date for the marathon weekend, I know when we there the monday after the marathon the Magic Kingdom was practically empty! Marathon weekend is a little crazy because the transportation is usually slow due to roads being blocked off.

As for a romantic dinner, I love the flying fish but maybe not the most romantic. My parents always enjoy the California Grill. I have never been to Narcosse's but have only heard the best about it!

Good luck with planning you trip!!!

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I really didn't find Narcoossee's to be terribly romantic myself...nice, but not really romantic.

I might try the California Grill during Fireworks, or the Bistro De Paris during Illuminations. I've heard Artist Point is romantic too, but haven't been there myself.

Also, a carriage ride at POR or Fort Wilderness might be a romantic ending to a nice meal :wave:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I was never at the "World" in January, but I would think the second or third week would be a good choice because the Holidays are over and everyone should be back in school / work. For dining your choices sound great except I would maybe change the Flying Fish to Le Cellier or Bistro De Paris like the previous post mentioned. For a resort I would probably choose either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club because of their location. For the spa I would say the GF only because that is my favorite resort :) I hope you have a magical trip :wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

So we decided, after long and painful hours to go to WDW for 3 nights without the kids for a little RNR. 3 or 4 things I need help with We have decided on Jan 08. :sohappy:

1st. ? Now do we go the 1st, 2nd or 3rd week?

2nd ? 3 nights many decisions? What is the best dinner, romantic dinner that is? we were thinking
1)California Grill
2)Flying Fish
3)Narcosse's

Any thoughts?

3rd? We are DVC so, Beach Club, Broadwalk or SS?

4th? Stone Massage SSR or GF Spa?

Any bodys thoughts are great

don't worry we are planning on a Dec 08 trip to take the kids DDS1 will be 4 and DDS will be 1.5

Thanks for our help
2nd of 3rd week in Jan. (plenty of time for holiday crowds to lighten)
California Grill (watch fireworks from MK)
Beach Club (I wish I could stay there)
GF Spa
:wave:

Upvote 0

mary219

""So we decided, after long and painful hours to go to WDW for 3 nights without the kids for a little RNR. 3 or 4 things I need help with We have decided on Jan 08. :sohappy: ""

Without the kids?oooooh,i could only dream of such a thing.......

Upvote 0

disneydudette

1) I just went for the first time in January this year (20th - 27th) and it was absolutely perfect! The weather was a bit colder than I had predicted, but the park crowds were low and extremely managable. If those dates don't work for you, just make sure you avoid the marathon weekend and MLK weekend, as those do draw larger crowd levels then expected.

2) California Grill hands down. Very mature, adult, environment and I would try and time it with wishes... extremely romantic and picture perfect. The steakhouse at the YC is another nice choice, mature, adult friendly, quiet and romantic. I will always suggest Le Cellier at Epcot as a choice, but I find it to me "family friendly" and not "as quiet" as the other places I mentioned. Those are my 3 top choices for romantic getaways though.

3) Depends on what your interested in doing really. With it being January, I can't see swimming being a priority so therefore I don't really see the draw of BCV. If the location to the boardwalk/epcot/mgm is key, then I would suggest BWV. SSR is now a favorite amoungst the adults in the family though. The resort is so quiet and peaceful and not nearly as "busy" as the other DVCs. There are several quiet pools which is a nice touch and the walk to PI and DTD is rather enjoyable. I consider that resort to be the most "secluded" and adult DVC now, even more so then OKW. It's new and we find the decor to be very appealing and tasteful. The resort as a whole offers a very "mature" and "classy" feeling and the layout is nice.

4) With being at SSR, you would have access to the spa there. I have yet to go to one of Disney's spa though... never have the time! I can't imagine there would be "that" much of a difference to be honest.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

What kind of room you planning on? Studio or 1 BR? Granted you don't need the extra space, but the whirlpool...and no kids...yowza. :eek:

I THINK, 1 st week you'll still have residual New years revelers, people extending vacations a day or two, and I THINK the 2nd week of the year there's usually a marathon of sorts. If I'm right on both counts, I'd suggest the 3rd week.

I'd probably recommend either standard view at BW (save some points, quieter than the "preferred" side, close to Epcot-Studios and Boardwalk nightlife) or SSR (close to Pleasure Island and easier access to the spa). I guess it depends on where in WDW you'd think you'd spend more time. With only 3 nights, spend as little time traveling as possible, knowhutimean?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom