Local Hotels Upset Over Disney's Decision To Yank Brochures

Choya

this 'business decision' should save enough $$$ now to allow them to lower the price of my future stays?

Probably not, but I does explain where they got some of the funds to run all the Disney Parks vacation commercial ads all over the television dial here in Texas.

JLW11Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by napnet
They get frustrated and say, 'We'll just go to Busch Gardens instead.' I've had that happen to me twice."
Sorry, that made me laugh.

Yeah, jeez! That's a pretty abrupt decision to make just because the guy behind the counter at their hotel couldn't bring up any information. Have these people ever heard of a phone book??

Glasgow

Did anyone else find it funny that the hotel workers were "furious" now that they are asked (by their guests) for details about Disney instead of just being able to direct them to the now absent brochures?

Boy, am I mad that you no longer provide me with that free service!! How dare you?! haha

joeg70

Marketing has to change with the times along with almost everything else. With the internet, wi-fi in many hotels, it makes sense to drop the paper product.

LudwigVonDrake

I've been sitting on this for a day.

Disney has CLEARLY w/MYW said to the consumer that they would much rather get a $4000 vacation out of you than a $250 day at their parks.

Day trip isn't the business they are seeking as much anymore.

Day trip guests are on "vacation" at very popular times of the year anyways. Beach goers/people w/family visit Florida mostly during "heavy" vactation times around holidays and summer. From what we saw this holiday, Disney isn't hurting for business at these times. So again, keeping guests away when the parks are already turning away people isn't such a bad thing. Free Dining and big hotel discounts reflect this also. These all take place outside of "normal" vacation times.

The downside of this is the long term results. I know, even since I was a kid, it was pick up a pile and see what we can do "next trip" as well. The big question will be people that "generally" visit the beach or relatives that see the Disney Brochure and decide to plan the "next" trip as a Disney vacation. They may potentially lose many not yet "long term" customers because they will never see what WDW really has to offer.

Many consumers still think of WDW as a day trip, and without the Brochure, they may never concider it for a full week vacation.

So in the short term this is a great idea. Trim the fat and focus marketing on guests that want a "Disney Vacation". But in the long term, are the potentially losing a key funnel of bringing potential "regular guests" in for their first trip?

Again, what is $250 in Disney's pocket for maybe a few hundred guests daily (if that, which will choose to not go just because of this)? But will this costs them tens of thousands in future trip goers? How many "regulars" (annually, every 2/3 years) really are converted from the beach crew anyways though?

Risk/Reward. Research found that this was worth the risk. Again, if parks are already filling up -- why reach out to tell more people to come but not get in (yes, I understand that I am refrencing the holiday season, and yes I have said before that's when a majority of "daytrippers" do come anyways)?

AMEN! Disney would rather get the guests that stay for a week versus the people who visit for the day. I don't think this will hurt their business at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom