local disney store's closing?

hrmom26

Original Poster
:( has any one else noticed there local disney store close? i went to the burlington mall mass. and the disney store is closed! i just went on line to the mall web site and it doesn't even list it anymore! i'm so upset i loved the disney store i went to go on line to see were the closest store was but they only have disney direct with no store locater. is the disney store going out of business? i was going to buy my disney dollars there and my tickets now where do i buy disney dollars ahead of time? can you get the on-line? help!!
i was going to give my kids disney dollars for there b-day witch is right before we go to disney and i let them earn more disney dollars by doing chores around the house but i have to be able to get them before i leave does anyone live in mass no where there is another DS i can go to thats still open? how do i find one :cry:

angelfaerie52

no more...

There were a bunch of threads about this a few months ago... but...

All of the Disney stores have been shut down. They were bought out by The Children's Place. I am from MA, and the one in the Braintree mall (South Shore Plaza) was turned into this store that looks like a Children's Place but with Disney themed outfits. I doubt they'd have Disney Dollars.

Maybe you can get them online. I bet you can, hopefully someone else can answer that.

hrmom26 said:
:( has any one else noticed there local disney store close? i went to the burlington mall mass. and the disney store is closed! i just went on line to the mall web site and it doesn't even list it anymore! i'm so upset i loved the disney store i went to go on line to see were the closest store was but they only have disney direct with no store locater. is the disney store going out of business? i was going to buy my disney dollars there and my tickets now where do i buy disney dollars ahead of time? can you get the on-line? help!!
i was going to give my kids disney dollars for there b-day witch is right before we go to disney and i let them earn more disney dollars by doing chores around the house but i have to be able to get them before i leave does anyone live in mass no where there is another DS i can go to thats still open? how do i find one :cry:

hrmom26

Original Poster
i can't find out if the stores will sell disney dollars after they are changed over to the children's place it just talks about merch. not ticket or disney dollars i no i can order the tickets on-line but where do you buy disney dollars now? if you can only get them at disney where at disney will my hotel have them? this throws a monkey wrentch into my whole plan :cry:

mickeysaver

We still have several TDS's in our area. Even though they are now owned by The Children's Place, they still sell Disney Dollars and MYW park tickets. I hope this helps. If you need for me to help you purchase some Disney Dollars, I would be willing to help you out.

Yes, you can purchase Disney Dollars at WDW. I believe that they sell them at most of the resorts as well as at the parks. Maggie

tigsmom

We still have Disney Stores here in The Galleria in Middletown, NY & a big one in the Pallisades Mall in Nyack, NY. We recently got a Disney Store Outlet in Woodbury Commons, our local outlet mall. They are going strong and are not closing. The under performing stores were shut. (at least that what I was told)
Even the outlet sells Disney Dollars and park tickets. :wave:

hrmom26

Original Poster
thanks guys i had a complete heart attach when i walked buy amd saw a champs store where my beloved disney store was. i hope your right and they still carry DD and tickets at the new disney/chilrens place store.

Scooter

Not only is the Disney Store in our area still open, they are totally Refurbishing it and plan a Grand re-opening in August.
Can't wait to see it!

MaxGoof7

Well lucky for me living in Miami, Florida, Disney Store at Bayside Marketplace already refurbed and reopened in Fall of 2004. The other 4 Disney stores still in operation at Aventura Mall, Dadeland Mall, Shops at Sunset Place, and The Falls. Even Disney's Character Warehouse at Dolphin Mall still in Operation I hope they will keep running strong.

weluvtink

The Disney Store is still in business- I work in one. Many stores have closed recently to be remodeld. In my district one is closed and another has moved to a temp location during construction. We still sell Disney Dollars and park tickets.

wedway71

weluvtink said:
The Disney Store is still in business- I work in one. Many stores have closed recently to be remodeld. In my district one is closed and another has moved to a temp location during construction. We still sell Disney Dollars and park tickets.

yes very true.disney store is still open just not wholly owned by the disney company anymore.childrens place has agreed to remodel alot of the stores so we will all see some new changes.it will be like how tokyo disneyland is run.owned by a different company and paying royalties to disney but must still abide to disney regulations.a matter a fact the childrens place has opened an office in glendale to be in the disney consumer products building to work very close with disney.

just a note-if you live outside the us or canada disney has decided to not sell the international disney stores all over europe and honk kong.they will in fact still fully own and operate these stores since they are very profitable.

aeillill

tigsmom said:
We still have Disney Stores here in The Galleria in Middletown, NY & a big one in the Pallisades Mall in Nyack, NY. We recently got a Disney Store Outlet in Woodbury Commons, our local outlet mall. They are going strong and are not closing. The under performing stores were shut. (at least that what I was told)
Even the outlet sells Disney Dollars and park tickets. :wave:

and my mother called me a liar when I said i thought there was a disney store at the woodburry commons!

Oh i'm going to rub this in her face now!

weluvtink

aeillill said:
and my mother called me a liar when I said i thought there was a disney store at the woodburry commons!

To your moms credit the store just opened maybe two months ago(I think). I keep telling my husband if we go up there for the weekend he can go to OCC bike shop.

tigsmom

aeillill said:

There was a Character Warehouse about 2 years ago, but that closed. I was very suprised because it was always busy.

tigsmom

weluvtink said:
To your moms credit the store just opened maybe two months ago(I think). I keep telling my husband if we go up there for the weekend he can go to OCC bike shop.

The one in Montgomery? If you need directions just let me know I lived there for years. Their new shop is actually the old A&P. :wave:

Oh & when I was at the outlet the other week (I'm 5 miles away) they told me "we just opened"... whatever that means. :lol:

angelfaerie52

Scooter said:
Not only is the Disney Store in our area still open, they are totally Refurbishing it and plan a Grand re-opening in August.
Can't wait to see it!

if it's a refurb, be prepared for Disney Store: Children's Place style.

weluvtink

From the info we got, it will not look like a Childrens Place store. The entry way is going to be shaped like Mickey's head. I can't wait for our turn. My store is falling apart.

monorail256

angelfaerie52 said:
if it's a refurb, be prepared for Disney Store: Children's Place style.

It will look nothing like a Children's Place Store.

The concept for the new stores was approved by the Walt Disney Company, I believe right after the sale of the stores or shortly after.

The concept is being called 'the Mickey store', featuring an enterance in the shape of Mickey's head and an animated, spinning Sorcorer Mickey greeting you as you enter (whom just so happes to have his palm open so that product may be displayed in it). The main colors of the store are yellow, red, black, and white.

Also featured in the stores will be the large screen in the back... but styled more like a theatre with seating. Surrounding the screen will be boxes where plush will now be able to be found (no more plush mountain!).

As for the stores that were acquired but not yet being remodeled, in the next month (my store's is next Sunday), all stores will be transformed with what is being called a 'Mickey Makeover'. This stageset (floor move) will not only transform the look and feel of the store, but will also add mannequins and other various ways to showcase our products to our guests.

Along with the new stores... Mickey Makeovers... and everything else, say goodbye to the denim shirts. In September (or around there), Disney Store CM's are finally getting some new costumes. New costumes include red button down shirts with the new Disney Store logo, black Dockers pants, black shoes, a belt with a silver buckle, and of course the double bubble pin (see avatar) but with the new logo.

I'm really excited and happy to see that TCP (The Childrens Place) is putting so much money into us. Disney let the stores go down the drain... and by the looks of the new TCP product (which has started to appear, but will fully apprear by Christmas), we might actually make a huge turn-around soon.

Sorry for my rant.. I just love the Disney Store and love working there... it was my dream, and eventhough I don't actually work for Disney anymore, I still try and keep the magic alive in the store... someone has to.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom