LMA Accident on Saturday!

TESTDUMMY S64

Original Poster
Now i don't know much about this except for what my mom's co-worker said. She was up at MGM this past weekend and was at a showing of LMA. She said that not even 5 minutes into the show, there was an accident and everyone was asked to leave the show immediately. I'm not sure where the accident occured, be it backstage or center, but does anyone know anything else about this?

WDWKat26

Oh my gosh, i'm going to call a friend who works at the studios a lot, maybe I can see what's up.

Edit: According to my source, there was a head on collision between 2 cars, everything and everyone is fine.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
of course i wish this next statement wasnt true....... but being a stunt show with many tricks and stunt features......... i thin this may be a common occurance. i wish they could never have an accident, but human error happens.

glad everyone is ok. those type shows have always made me so nervous.... i guess that is part of the trill.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Wow that was two days in a row for LMA accidents then. At the first showing on Sunday, one of the black cars hit the set wall.

speck76

If they made the show in a way that accidents could never happen, it would be boring and no fun to watch.

Part of the excitement of a stunt show is the "danger" of the acts being performed.

peter11435

marni1971 said:
I don`t believe the Jet Skis have returned yet to Paris - 3 years since that accident.
The return of the Jet Ski's in Paris will happen when and if they install a retractable bridge over the canal instead of the permanent one they have now. LMA in Florida was constructed with a retractable bridge to begin with.

Iakona

My son and I were there for the Sunday show. A little bummed out that we missed some stunts between the motorcycle stalling and the (thankfully) minor collision the chase car had with the wall. Those drivers are amazing and even the abreviated show was very cool.

Thrawn said:
Wow that was two days in a row for LMA accidents then. At the first showing on Sunday, one of the black cars hit the set wall.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Iakona said:
My son and I were there for the Sunday show. A little bummed out that we missed some stunts between the motorcycle stalling and the (thankfully) minor collision the chase car had with the wall. Those drivers are amazing and even the abreviated show was very cool.

I was disappointed too, however, I got to take pictures, and we'll go back later in the week and watch it again, and this time I can concentrate on just watching the show.

CSUFSteve

Hello,

I was at that Saturday show and it was pretty scary. It had just been pouring down while we were waiting to get in so the grounds were slick. It wasn't 5 minutes into the show, more like 10, they gotten through the 1st little intro segment and he explained about the car looking like it was driving backwards when it really wasn't... we met the drivers... Herbie had come and gone... and then they brought out the market stands, etc. It was during this sequence that the accident happened.

One black car was driving parallel to the water towards stage left, the other car rounding the corner to start the run parallel to the water towards stage right. So you can see what happened next... the two cars collided head on with one another and the crash was pretty loud. T'he cars have gotta be better built than normal cars cause they didn't crunch much.

At first, the driver rounding the corner didn't get out of the car. The announcer guy stalled for a while to see if the drivers would both give "OK to continue" signs. But after a very short while, they cancelled the show and asked everyone to leave. I was impressed that everyone still applauded. The driver in the 1st car was fine and was out and about. The driver in the 2nd car (inside) was still saying in there but was obviously conscious and talking to people so I wasn't sure if he was just pinned or what. They started bringing over the white tent to cover the car, I assume to protect material evidence from the rain. The stadium had nearly cleared out when the 2nd driver did manage to climb out of the car, seemed OK, and waved to the crowd. The crowd applauded. At this point, they brought out more white plastic other than the white tent and the impact point of the cars was no longer visible.

To me, it seemed too wet to start the show and I fully expected it to be cancelled. But then again I had another friend who was there the same week I was and they saw the show in similar conditions and said everything went fine. He really liked the show.

I saw it in Paris and these kinds of things just aren't really my thing. So I didn't leave Disney World broken hearted about it, just what like to know what happened to the guy and whether he's truly OK. Wonder if it shakes them up a little when things like this happen. Gives them pause. It is truly a dangerous job they have.

DisKid

Has anyone done the Backlot tour recently? When we went on it last time (late May) we went by what looked like a parking lot for the LMAX cars, and there were already quite a few cars that looked like they had been in accidents.

AliciaLuvzDizne

speck76 said:
If they made the show in a way that accidents could never happen, it would be boring and no fun to watch.

Part of the excitement of a stunt show is the "danger" of the acts being performed.
:lol:
i can see it now...
"up next...back in parking!! and later...stopping at a red light!" (actually apparently those are BOTH had things to do around here! maybe they should consider adding that.

Anyways. Im glad everyone was okay! The insurance on that show must be INCREDIBLE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom