Lizzie McGuire - The Ride

What do you think of a possible "Lizzie McGuire - The Ride!"?

• Excellent Idea

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Fantastic Idea

• Wonderful Idea

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Terrific Idea

• Great idea

• Total voters

Dayma

I think she's a strong girl who knows she can make it without them. She got where she wanted and now she can do it on her own. Look at Britney Spears

He He....where is she going to go to NICK? What has Frankie Munoz done that was anything huge except Malcom in the Middle? Also dont forget that kids know her by the name Lizzy which she can no longer user. I would argue the name Lizzy Mguire ( bad spelling ) is worth more than the actress that played her :)

Back on topic...... this would be a horrible ride. I could however see if they still had Lizzy some type of sit down show at MGM kinda like the Drew Carey show. I this this is more appropriate.

Dwarful

well actually I am a 30 yr old mom of a 7 yr old and a 9 yr old neice. Both of the girls are hooked on that show, but they and their friends, including their Brownie Troop friends, church friends and school friends are all smart enough to know that Hillary Duff is Lizzie McGuire...(they listen to Radio Disney all the time..thats probably how they know ;)
anyway, though I don't know if I would say its a horrible idea, they could make a small bundle at the gift shop at the exit of the ride!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by blackride
Yep she is gone and so is her career....not a very smart young girl is she? he he

She turned down a 2mil contract for a Disney movie because she wanted 4mil. Hmmm like 2 mil isnt enough for a15yr old...

Remember the Macaulay Culkin Incident? You'd think actor kids would learn to keep their mommies and daddies away from the big fat checks. Now she has to pay to get into WDW like everyone else... :rolleyes:

And about the thread itself... Crappy poll, huh? :lol: Seriously, though, I still don't see what's so wonderful about that show, it's really original or anything, it's been done to death in the past.

Dwarful

And about the thread itself... Crappy poll, huh? :lol: Seriously, though, I still don't see what's so wonderful about that show, it's really original or anything, it's been done to death in the past. [/B][/QUOTE]

well yeah most all sitcoms have been done to death. But this show has a tremendous following w/the kids, even some of the moms I know sit and watch it w/the kids.

Rdedeian

Won't happened after Hillary Duff and her greedy mom severed ties with Disney.

I can't believe how greedy Hillary and her mom were.

Dwarful

yeah it was a pretty stupid move, she has her whole life ahead of her, I know it turned me off of her, and I think the kids will forget her as well, my kids liked her for the tv show not really for the music. once they quit seeing her on a regular basis I think they will move on to whoever Disney discovers next.

Rdedeian

Originally posted by Michael72688
I thought I heard that she wanted more money from Disney so they cut her show

yah basically Disney wanted to move Lizzie McGuire to ABC to continue the show in primetime as well as a movie sequel or two and Hillary wanted more money than Disney wanted to give her.

Just shows how greedy actors can be at any age.

Michael72688

Originally posted by Rdedeian
yah basically Disney wanted to move Lizzie McGuire to ABC to continue the show in primetime as well as a movie sequel or two and Hillary wanted more money than Disney wanted to give her.

Just shows how greedy actors can be at any age.

wow, thats pretty bad on her part, I wish I could just get 2 mil, for anything

Tigggrl

ACTUALLY>>>>
If you consider the ride concept for what it is...a conceptual idea....Its not bad...No one should be put down for having an idea, just because some people think less of a particular actress.
AND....
If you think about it, it would not be hard to make over Super Star Limo to accomidate it...
If you were to put another blonde teenager in that role it would do as well....LOL:lol:

Dayma

No one should be put down for having an idea, just because some people think less of a particular actress.

I dont think anyone was puttin the poster down. I think people just didnt like the voting options.....not exactly an objective vote..he he

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Dizzy Lizzie - coming soon

First of all, yes, the ride idea, as well as the poll, was more or less a joke. I hope that some of you were able to see the humor in a Lizzie McGuire ride idea. I still, however, think the idea is a cute one and I will continue to have pride in it much like a parent takes pride in an obviously ugly baby, heh heh.

That said, I think that Duff is a talented comedic actress well on her way to stardom. Disney should have probably provided her with her asking fee considering the amount of work and time she would have to put in under that contract - compared to film actors and their shortened work period. Not to mention the merchandise associated with the Lizzie personality. Lizzie is also one of the top reasons for why guests visit the Disney (channel) website. The Lizzie show was a breath of fresh air for the Disney Channel and replacing her will be a very difficult task.

As for her career being over, she just completed filming a Hollywood remake of Cheaper By The Dozen, staring a few comic celebs. Her cast of siblings includes the WB's Smallville's superman as her brother. She is also set to begin filming the classic Cinderella Story.

Comedy is not easy, but Duff has timing and expression down pretty darn good for her age. Her voice is a bonus. She has an "America's sweatheart" appeal to her and could possibly follow in the shoes of a similar sweatheart, Meg Ryan.

:sohappy:

Tk

P.S.

In order to make up for the "not-so-great" Lizzie ride idea... I think Finding Nemo would be a great 3-D based attraction, something to compete with Universal's new "Shrek 4-D"

VinnieG

Well it was a very sick joke.Lizzie was not a breath of fresh air for Disney Channel I never tuned into Disney channel for Disney.She is the worst actress since Suzanne Somers and she cannot sing at all.William Shatner sings better and that is no compliment.Replacing her will be easy there are plenty of fresh faces out there.I am tired of hearing that Duff is so great and Disney will hurt.Disney is already planning to put the animated series of Lizzie and that was pretty quick.
She is gone get over it :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Ian

Despite how much i love Disney World and all creative ideas for rides of any type, if Disney ever did build a ride based on anything of that nature i would seriously consider never returning to the parks ever again. That was quite possibly one of the worst ideas i have ever heard. Im not attacking you personally but you terrible ideas for a ride based on a terrible tv show. :rolleyes:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by VinnieG
Well it was a very sick joke.Lizzie was not a breath of fresh air for Disney Channel I never tuned into Disney channel for Disney.She is the worst actress since Suzanne Somers and she cannot sing at all.William Shatner sings better and that is no compliment.Replacing her will be easy there are plenty of fresh faces out there.I am tired of hearing that Duff is so great and Disney will hurt.Disney is already planning to put the animated series of Lizzie and that was pretty quick.
She is gone get over it :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

While I also personally think that the show was nothing new and that Duff is just another teen actress, I believe your comments were a bit on the harsh side... If Timekeeper likes her, it's his opinion.

That being said, TK, you didn't really compare her to Meg Ryan, did you? :lol: :dazzle:

kennyj29

2 million not enough?

Come on people get real......she's 15 years old!!! Nobody should make more than that at that age. She bit the hand that fed her and I'm glad Disney dumped her. If I wasn't so old, I would take her place for 2 million!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom