Living with the Land

MerlinTheGoat

I actually prefer the recorded spiel over the live narration. It used to be hit or miss when it came to the tour guide. Most of the time I prefer live over recorded, but in this instance, I like the recorded spiel better.

I miss the dog too...

I don't mind the recorded spiel either. Sound quality is a lot better now for some reason.

Scooter

I actually pefer the recorded spiel. The last time I rode this attraction and a real person did the spiel, she should have called in sick. Between clearing her throat and the coughing fits, I was totally grossed out....and oh yea...BRING BACK THE DOG!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I actually prefer the recorded spiel over the live narration. It used to be hit or miss when it came to the tour guide. Most of the time I prefer live over recorded, but in this instance, I like the recorded spiel better.

I miss the dog too...
This was one of the reasons they changed to it. Unlike an attraction like JC or CMR, a live narration did not really plus the experience on LWTL. More often than not, it took away from it. Changing to a recorded spiel also increased the attractions capacity. The script for LWTL is one of the longer ones on property and when they ran short on CMs that knew the script, boats had to be taken out of the rotation. With an automated spiel they can run at max capacity 24/7 with only a couple of CMs.

Pioneer Hall

This was one of the reasons they changed to it. Unlike an attraction like JC or CMR, a live narration did not really plus the experience on LWTL. More often than not, it took away from it. Changing to a recorded spiel also increased the attractions capacity. The script for LWTL is one of the longer ones on property and when they ran short on CMs that knew the script, boats had to be taken out of the rotation. With an automated spiel they can run at max capacity 24/7 with only a couple of CMs.

I always felt that the live spiel sounded as if they were reading off of cards. The topic doesn't really allow for enthusiasm like JC or GMR so the CM would usually seem bored. At least the recorded spiel allows for some canned enthusiasm which you just didn't seem to get from the cast member.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The only thing working against the recorded spiel, is the fact that every once in a while, there are guests that will chat throughout the entire ride. Generally a person wouldn't do that if there was a "live" host on board with you. But that is really the only con I can come up with. I actually find the voice of LwtL quite pleasant and calming to listen to. Isn't "the voice" also the voice behind the PeopleMover (can't think of his name right now-Mike Brassell)?

MickeyPeace

I'm throwing in my vote for Living With The Land being one of my favorite Epcot attractions. Just in case anyone from TDO is reading this.

It's a classic attraction with the perfect mix of being educational, entertaining and yes, very peaceful and relaxing. I love this attraction.

Having said that, don't F*ck with the dog fellas!

Texas84

This is a 'can't miss' for me. Everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts. I think the recording makes it even more relaxing. Before it felt like, "Oh, there's a live human guide here. I have to pay attention and not be rude."

Who is going to create the 'Bring back the dog" buttons? :D

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
This is a 'can't miss' for me. Everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts. I think the recording makes it even more relaxing. Before it felt like, "Oh, there's a live human guide here. I have to pay attention and not be rude."

Who is going to create the 'Bring back the dog" buttons? :D

What he said.

tink729

He is back, I rode Living With the Land at 10:20 A.M. today and the dog was back on the porch barking his little heart out, Disney scored a point in my book! I will update Y'all on the yeti tomorrow.

Yep, I saw barking just this past Tuesday. Sadly, I can tell you that as of Monday morning the yeti is looking more and more strobe lighted and less yeti at all.

CLandrum

I've been on the original Land ride a couple of times. I only remember it a little, so i rely on Martin's videos to recollect. I definitely miss the live narration, and the original song was catchy, but other than that i think the newer version is still quite great. I actually like the extended rain forest scene a bit better, that's such a peaceful and pretty beginning. While i really like the original song too, i REALLY like the new music as well, very ambient and well suited for the mood.

I wish they would bring the live narration back with a real person in the boat. And they could find a place to put the Listen to the Land song (i think it would go rather well as a song for a new movie in the theater upstairs). But all in all, i really don't mind the changes to the Land ride much at all. I find the newer version more relaxing than the original at least. It's much more intact than all the other rides in Future World. Perhaps that's a reason i love it so much. I hope they don't tear it down. It has rarely had a line when i went (though they usually didn't have much trouble filling the boats, it seems pretty efficient).

Just fix that dog already.

My fiance did the narration when he worked there so I am treated to it when we ride I also get it sometimes at home just randomly, lol.

HDS

To me, LWTL is Epcots people mover. Just chill out and drift along relaxing. And your living with the land..

Tinkerkell

We love this attraction! We rode it in Sept. and I don't remember the dog being missing, but I'll ask a friend who lives near WDW if she can ride it soon and see if the dog is there.

We did the Behind the Seeds tour on our last trip, and really enjoyed it! We could release ladybugs, feed fish, taste cucumbers, and hold a 9 pound lemon! Our tour was educational and fun. If you like the attraction, you should like the tour.

I'd rather have a cast member narrating on each boat than have the recorded spiel.

luv

The dog is there. This is a zombie thread, dragged back up from the dead. :)

The Yeti is still not working. The Yeti hasn't worked in so many years...

Chriss

The Dog went to kill some pests in the field. But I do hope he comes back soon. Last time I was at Epcot, I rode this ride by myself, and its now probably my new/old favorite ride at Epcot because its so relaxing. Anybody been on the Land's behind the scene tour? Is it worth it?

We do the behidn the seeds tour every year. My husband and I really enjoy it, and it tends to be a different experience depending on your guide. Last year it was a student studying entymology leading the tour, so we learned more about using insects instead of chemical pesticides for plant health.

Castle Cake Apologist

He is back, I rode Living With the Land at 10:20 A.M. today and the dog was back on the porch barking his little heart out, Disney scored a point in my book! I will update Y'all on the yeti tomorrow.

Well, thank goodness. Now we can all go on with our lives.

How dare WDW pull a minor animatronic from a ride for some maintenance? Hopefully they learned their lesson!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom