Living with the Land

Innoventions

Original Poster
Does anyone know where to get the music that is played during the ride, i think before the ride starts and at the end. Its one of the best sounds from the park but i dont know where to get it. Any help would be great! Its the current music, not "listen to the land"

mcjaco

I'm not sure I've seen a current version on Mousebits.

I do like the music, it's kind of relaxing. I still miss "Listen to the Land" at the end though.

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm... are you referring to the flutey kind of music that you hear for about 10 seconds just as the ride begins, and/or the music through the last scene at the end after the greenhouses? Either way, I don't know where you would find that music, as I have not seen the current loop anywhere either... :shrug:

Innoventions

Original Poster
Hmmm... are you referring to the flutey kind of music that you hear for about 10 seconds just as the ride begins, and/or the music through the last scene at the end after the greenhouses? Either way, I don't know where you would find that music, as I have not seen the current loop anywhere either... :shrug:

Yes thats exactly it, it reminds me so much of that pavilion, well that and listen to the land, but i wish i could find that somewhere, great music, that as well as the music as your entering the greenhouse. Im surprised its not in the pavilion's bgm

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not sure I've seen a current version on Mousebits.

I do like the music, it's kind of relaxing. I still miss "Listen to the Land" at the end though.
Yeah, it provided for a nice "finale". At least it's in the BGM.:D I LOVE hearing that.

I've checked Mousebits, they dont have it. Its the music thats played in the begining of the ride as the narrorator begins to speak heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MjnfhCwyOc the music im referring to starts at 1:43 and then about 13:00, i love the music but idk if theres a track
Ah, yes, I know what you mean, it's a lovely track...

That vid gave me goosebumps. That first look into a darkened show scene, and the narration is so EPCOT.:eek::D Makes me want to go back.

Innoventions

Original Poster
That vid gave me goosebumps. That first look into a darkened show scene, and the narration is so EPCOT.:eek::D Makes me want to go back.[/QUOTE]
Thats what the "new" epcot is beginning to lack, the land and spaceship earth and universe of energy (especially that bgm) are still my favorite, even though ellen is getting a little too outdated

EPCOTPluto

OK, what about the guitar music in the farm? All I know is that it was composed by George Wilkins.
And yes, that flute at the beginning & end. :eek: One of my favorites as well.

EDIT: If I may ask, what is the name of the tune that comes at the beginning of the EPCOT Center Souvenir Program vid I posted here and at 6:21 to the end? Both are really nice, especially the ending, since it sounds so much like something else I hear in The Land pavilion. In fact, is the music heard in the actual 21 min vid available somewhere?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJEtFaOTcIQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJEtFaOTcIQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

EPCOT Explorer

That vid gave me goosebumps. That first look into a darkened show scene, and the narration is so EPCOT.:eek::D Makes me want to go back.
Thats what the "new" epcot is beginning to lack, the land and spaceship earth and universe of energy (especially that bgm) are still my favorite, even though ellen is getting a little too outdated[/QUOTE]

The beginning of SSE still does it for me. Even the Dinosaur scene in UoE. Most of the spirit is still there, but it still needs help.

gettingsmaller

You're not kidding... I visited EPCOT when I was a kid in about 1984-86 (during Living Seas construction--whenever that was). The narration reminds me of THAT EPCOT. For that matter, the ride itself is THAT EPCOT--it entertains AND educates. There's nothing wrong with that! Well, I know DIS is a company and the bottom line is king... you can't have a bunch of "boring" rides that people won't pay admission to ride... but I'm still convinced that you can make edutainment work.

I have an MP3 that I downloaded from somewhere of a live ride-through of Living with the Land (from back when they had a person doing some narration), and I love to listen to it... I think my favorite pavillion is The Land, and the live sound just puts you right there in the middle of it...

That "flute-y" track would be cool to have...

Kwit35

Okay...who else wants to live in that farmhouse? I have wanted to live there since I was a kid. Even WITH that darn dog barking all the time.

EPCOT Explorer

You're not kidding... I visited EPCOT when I was a kid in about 1984-86 (during Living Seas construction--whenever that was). The narration reminds me of THAT EPCOT. For that matter, the ride itself is THAT EPCOT--it entertains AND educates. There's nothing wrong with that! Well, I know DIS is a company and the bottom line is king... you can't have a bunch of "boring" rides that people won't pay admission to ride... but I'm still convinced that you can make edutainment work.

I have an MP3 that I downloaded from somewhere of a live ride-through of Living with the Land (from back when they had a person doing some narration), and I love to listen to it... I think my favorite pavillion is The Land, and the live sound just puts you right there in the middle of it...

That "flute-y" track would be cool to have...

Indeed!!:D So well said...THAT EPCOT was an amazing thing. It made you feel so connected to the real world, and so optimistic to the future.

It's so possible to bring that aspect back.

mcjaco

Okay...who else wants to live in that farmhouse? I have wanted to live there since I was a kid. Even WITH that darn dog barking all the time.

I could probably stand the dog, it's the people in the restaurant looking in my bedroom window that would annoy me.

:lol:

gettingsmaller

I could probably stand the dog, it's the people in the restaurant looking in my bedroom window that would annoy me.

:lol:

We went to Garden Grill last year in December, and the place was not rotating. I listened to that dog for at least an hour. While I would love to live in the farmhouse, I would HAVE to do something about the dog...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom