Living With the Land...in peril?

muddyrivers

You would think since it’s under the jurisdiction of the RCFD they could come out and immediately inspect and approve what’s needed.
Wasn’t that the whole point of creating the RCID?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The fire alarm system was one thing, but what I've also heard recently is that there's a significant leak somewhere that need to be taken care of.

99ef0d3e0eb8ace1580a8f6ea4122e61.jpg

That IS a significant leek!

ppete1975

I feel this and the people mover issues comes down to delayed maintenance. They kick the can so far down the road that when something breaks, it takes longer than it should for repairs/parts (and other issues caused by delayed maint are found).
I assume eventually it will be the death knell to imagination, something will break and it will be found out that its too costly (ROI) to repair and perfect time to close it. Luckily Land and PM are popular, keeping them from not reopening.

ppete1975

Fire suppression systems and leaks I can understand. As long as they don't decide to add plexiglass dividers to keep people in the boats. God I hate the entitlement people feel these days for just about everything.
Its partly disneys fault. In a perfect world people would be fine enjoying rides and left to their own. But history shows us thats not how humans are. When we over automate everything (no boat driver, lower staffing) things like this happen. Especially with the prevalence of tik tok, youtube, instagram, fb etc etc. Every inch of the park needs to be watched, even if that is by camera. As soon as that lady stepped out of the boat, all boats should have been stopped for a delay. Allowing security to get to the exit of the ride. Then she should have been arrested and the maximum fines plus lifetime ban.
The last thing you want is copycats.
Lets be honest im sure disney does alot to stop things we never see, but you have people urban exploring that flaunt it through youtube, you have people doing illegal stuff and flaunt it through tik tok instagram etc. They could be prosecuted, and should be.
Now the cucumber lady may have been caught or prosecuted away from other people and quietly to keep up the show that is the parks, but i highly doubt it.

ImperfectPixie

Its partly disneys fault. In a perfect world people would be fine enjoying rides and left to their own. But history shows us thats not how humans are. When we over automate everything (no boat driver, lower staffing) things like this happen. Especially with the prevalence of tik tok, youtube, instagram, fb etc etc. Every inch of the park needs to be watched, even if that is by camera. As soon as that lady stepped out of the boat, all boats should have been stopped for a delay. Allowing security to get to the exit of the ride. Then she should have been arrested and the maximum fines plus lifetime ban.
The last thing you want is copycats.
Lets be honest im sure disney does alot to stop things we never see, but you have people urban exploring that flaunt it through youtube, you have people doing illegal stuff and flaunt it through tik tok instagram etc. They could be prosecuted, and should be.
Now the cucumber lady may have been caught or prosecuted away from other people and quietly to keep up the show that is the parks, but i highly doubt it.
My understanding is that security caught up with the group at Soarin'.

At any rate...I personally blame shows like Jackass. Sure, it's funny, but obviously people think it's okay to try obnoxious crap in the real world and everyone ends up paying for it through either new rules, things being taken away (charcoal grills at a park near us), etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom