Living Seas:Seacabs?

Samurai Jax

Account Suspended
Original Poster
:fork:

I heard that the seacabs from the living seas ,which take you through the coral reef to seabase alpha are are closed indefintly since oct.2001,does any one know why they are closed down and when will they be service again?

"The Seas make this planet like no other know to man!"
-The Living Seas-

Samurai Jax

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Samurai Jax
:fork:

I heard that the seacabs from the living seas ,which take you through the coral reef to seabase alpha are are closed indefintly since oct.2001,does any one know why they are closed down and when will they be service again?

"The Seas make this planet like no other know to man!"
-The Living Seas-

Has any one who just came back from wdw ,can answer my question.?:wave:

Sherm00

Re: Re: Living Seas:Seacabs?

yes the seacabs are closed:( after you come off the hydrolaters you go directly to sea base alpha. From what i can tell (and this is only a guess) when you look into the tanks and see some of the structures in there it looks like there are spots that are rusting. living seas really needs a rehab.

jrashadb

yes the seacabs are closed after you come off the hydrolaters you go directly to sea base alpha. From what i can tell (and this is only a guess) when you look into the tanks and see some of the structures in there it looks like there are spots that are rusting. living seas really needs a rehab.

You are so right. I was at epcot recently and the Living Seas is in horrible, horrible shape. This pavilion is in a state of dissrepair. if the $300 million is true, The Living Seas should get some much-needed attention.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by jrashadb

You are so right. I was at epcot recently and the Living Seas is in horrible, horrible shape. This pavilion is in a state of dissrepair. if the $300 million is true, The Living Seas should get some much-needed attention. [/B]

The thing needs a sponsor I feel...to give it a swift kick in the pants....to make it a top notch pavilion...it has sooooo much potential.....but no sponsor...to get it where it really could be.

Lance

Yeah, I was in there yesterday, of course it's always a bum deal seeing the wall covering where you board the sea cabs.....

But a positive, the manatees are back, they were boarded up too in August, but now they're back...

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
That part doesn't las too long anyway, but I still like it. And you're right, LS does need alot of rehabs. Last time I visited it was pretty bad.

jrashadb

Did it ever have a sponsor? I want to say United Technologies, but I'm not sure. Either way yes, The Living Seas has a ridiculous amount of potential. Great score, great acquarium, great theming. It just needs a swift kick in the pants, like DMC-12 said.
but, what company would sponsor TLS?

RobFL

Account Suspended
United Technologies was the original sponsor.

The manatees where released.. these are new manatees. LS is part of a rehabilitation and release program.

We got a new Dolphin too.

-Rob

CaptChris

The sea cabs were a snoozer! A lot of money for a very short experience. It is a shame that TLS is falling apart. When it opened it was one of my favorite pavillions, next to the now demolished Horizons. Hopefully, TLS gets a sponsor so that they can fix it up

jrashadb

True... I always wondered about the SeaCabs. It seemed to me somebody wanted to do something really cool and they ran out of money. But, they had all this space and had to put some kind of ride in there, so they stuck a relatively inexpensive ride system in and called it a day.
Hopefully, that can change. But, I still don't see who would want to sponsor TLS... any ideas anyone?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While most of the view the sea cabs provided is accessable from most other areas of TLS, the drama of arriving at Seabase Alpha has been removed. Walking through a door and then through Disneys smallest gift shop just doesn't do it for me.

As far as potential sponsors, how about Chicken of the Sea, or some other dolphin safe tuna company?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom