Living Seas Pics - Questions!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
kap91 said:
Yes and no. The old preshow is being used but the old queue area will still be there along with a new bit of queue next to or through the old hydrolator area.

By Preshow do you mean the circle room or the film room? And as for the film theaters, there were two.. one became used only for CM functions and such..

So, I guess the question is what is the status of....

1. Wave Queue (Diving Bell, Nautilus, etc..)
2. Preshow Circle (Big circular screen with wave projections)
3. Breifing Room (The theater still in use before the recent closure)
4. Old Theater 2 (The other theater that became the film bypass)

I'm assuming hydrolator load/hydrolators/unload areas are all gone.

tirian

I know that at least one of the theaters has been converted to the dark ride; I don't know about the other one. Of course, the ride will still have a queue!

Tangent in Response to a Previous Post: Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the other site. Although I enjoy the articles, the folks on the message boards seem to live to rip apart WDW, despite the fact that most of the resort is far superior to DLR (except, of course, for PotC). With the MK, Epcot, the Studios, and DAK, as well as all the other resort options, pining away that WDW's Fantasmic isn't as good as DL's is pretty short-sited.

kap91

I'm sorry, there was more than one preshow so this should clear things up.

1. The wave queue is still there pretty much in it's same shape and form although I'm sure there will be new props.
2. The preshow circle looks like it still is there however I am not sure if there will be projections in it.
3. The briefing room is being used along with part of the hydrolator space to house the new part of the ride
4. Old theater 2 is now part of the queue line into the ride as far as I know.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So they really extended the queue eh? Are they trying to keep most of it inside the building? What are the chances of having fastpass? I kinda doubt it, since Monsters doesn't have it.

jaredliu

tirian said:
I know that at least one of the theaters has been converted to the dark ride; I don't know about the other one. Of course, the ride will still have a queue!

Tangent in Response to a Previous Post: Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the other site. Although I enjoy the articles, the folks on the message boards seem to live to rip apart WDW, despite the fact that most of the resort is far superior to DLR (except, of course, for PotC). With the MK, Epcot, the Studios, and DAK, as well as all the other resort options, pining away that WDW's Fantasmic isn't as good as DL's is pretty short-sited.
DL is flat out better than MK. Fantasmic indeed isn't as good as DL's.

Is it going to be like how Living Seas was originally where the Seacabs were "mandatory" ? Like when you walk in the building you will automatically be in the queue to go on the ride right? or will the pavillion be one way and the ride another way (like optional)?

Also has anyone else heard the rumor that this ride is being pushed back to 2007? Sounds odd unless a) construction progress is really slow or b) ride is gonna be really good

DisneyFreak529

When we went in December I was really disappointed in the LS. There were barely any frish & I didn't see a single Dolpin. The only thing worth the time was the "Turtle talk" I hope they fix it up a little because it's kinds stinks right now. :cry:

brertigger

DisneyFreak529 said:
When we went in December I was really disappointed in the LS. There were barely any frish & I didn't see a single Dolpin. The only thing worth the time was the "Turtle talk" I hope they fix it up a little because it's kinds stinks right now. :cry:

Turtle Talk is wonderful! They do need to do something better with the queue. The queue seems to be the main use of a majority of the lower level now.

KumbaRider

brertigger said:
Turtle Talk is wonderful! They do need to do something better with the queue. The queue seems to be the main use of a majority of the lower level now.

Yeah it's like a zoo in there with the temporary black queue system set up.

Ghostbuster626 said:
Is it going to be like how Living Seas was originally where the Seacabs were "mandatory" ? Like when you walk in the building you will automatically be in the queue to go on the ride right? or will the pavillion be one way and the ride another way (like optional)?

Also has anyone else heard the rumor that this ride is being pushed back to 2007? Sounds odd unless a) construction progress is really slow or b) ride is gonna be really good

Anyone?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The ride part of TLS is being rebuilt and enhanced. As you`ve read in these threads it should be longer, of a different theme, and with more FX and actual scenes. This is part of phase 2 of TLS' rehab, and is scheduled to open perhaps late this year (I think)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
KumbaRider said:
Yeah it's like a zoo in there with the temporary black queue system set up.

It's not all temporary queue. They built a hard queue, but with ropes, near the entrance. They built it with ropes because they assumed it would need to come down as Turtle Talk lost popularity and became a walk-in, much like how it's faring at DCA and how it operated late in the day when Seas had to be entered through the movie.

When Seas re-opened, I went there to take pics. I asked a couple of CM coordinators about the queue and the line, and they all admitted they were overwhelmed by it, no one expecting it to be so popular. But, since people could now just walk into the Seas rather than waiting to get in, they couldn't stop the massive queue from forming. They told me they literally built the queue around the people as they showed up for the first few days before establishing the best flow pattern through the pavilion that they could.

Mention Turtle Talk to anyone who is a DL fan and they'll be stunned to find out ours gets 80-plus minute waits.

KumbaRider

mousermerf said:
But, since people could now just walk into the Seas rather than waiting to get in, they couldn't stop the massive queue from forming.

Good point. I had forgotten about that. Even before the refurb Turtle Talk had some temporary black queue set up beyond the permanent...but then again it was brand new at the time so longer waits were expected.

DisneyDrum

hypercatmatt04 said:
Are the Sea Cabs going to be Finding Nemo themed?

That would be the most common rumor, and although it hasn't been officially confirmed it's pretty much certain. There have been stories of a projection system being used, as well as new scenes in one of the old preshow theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom