Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Ice Cream Every Day is one of my Disney Vacation Rules, too!

I'm getting ready to pack for my Sunday flight, hope to see you around the parks during my (too) brief visit. My plans so far are Epcot on Monday 9th, DHS on Tuesday 10th, and MK on Weds 11th.

Safe travels to you, I'll be thinking of you around 8pm. ;)

Longers

Original Poster
Sorry to hear the flight was delayed. Hope all else goes safely and as planned. I will definitely keep up my end of the bargain and help you through the blues during my trip in February!

I will hold you to it! :)

Following along!!! It has been so HOT and humid here...definitely not November weather! MK is all decked out for Christmas...we watched the first castle lighting last night and with the addition of the turrets it is truly gorgeous. Osborne Lights are spectacular as well, make sure you look for all the other "hidden" characters besides Mickey :).

Have a fabulous time!!!

Thanks, hope you are having fun too, it was hot when we got off the plane certainly not as hot as we are used to.

Your TR is gonna make at least 2 of my next 4 weeks of waiting tolerable... Safe travels !

Thanks, but you might have to return the favour!

I'm following along! So excited for you, and hope you have safe travels today.

Thanks for following, we are finally here

I'm in! Can't wait to hear about your trip and all of the ice cream - safe travels!

Thanks - and it's hot so I am thinking there will be lots more ice cream than there normally is.

Ice Cream Every Day is one of my Disney Vacation Rules, too!

I'm getting ready to pack for my Sunday flight, hope to see you around the parks during my (too) brief visit. My plans so far are Epcot on Monday 9th, DHS on Tuesday 10th, and MK on Weds 11th.

Safe travels to you, I'll be thinking of you around 8pm. ;)

Safe travels to you too and certainly keep an eye out for us

Oooh! Can't wait to read along!

Thanks great to have you onboard

I am following but for 5 days then I'm also there but at OKW :)

Great to have you along, enjoy your time when you get here

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 5th November

So I last left you as we were leaving our hotel room this morning on the way to the airport!

image.jpeg

We arrived at a very empty Virgin Atlantic check in desk. Normally that place is buzzing but most of their flights leave early in the morning so by the time we got there everyone had already been and most likely left! (Why oh why hadn't we gone too?)

Anyway we dropped the bags off, got through customs quite quickly) and then it was time for a bit of shopping or should that be window shopping as in essence we were walking around trying to kill time and avoid sitting down as that's what we were going to spend the next few hours doing.

So as I already said the flight was meant to go at 1pm and was delayed until 2.20pm

The gate number came up 1.45pm which told us the flight wouldn't be going at the new time, but as soon as that gate came up there we both were walking very fast to get there in the hope that the other 400 odd passengers would be doing the same so we could finally get off on our holiday.

Needless to say they weren't - as we seemed to be at our seats ages before anyone else joined us.

The flight finally took off at about 2.50pm - on a plane called hot lips - but there was good news - the pilot was going to put his foot down and get us there in 8 hours instead of 9hrs 35 mins - result :)
Don't you just love a bit of Disney Magic

image.jpeg

We finally landed at 6.20pm Orlando time, we made our way through customs and to the hire cars - free upgrade scored and were driving off in a Chrysler Equinox - we left the car park at 7.40 with the temperature in the car reading 81 degrees - this is hot for November.
It was too dark to take photos of the sign but I still cant express the excitement and magic of seeing that sign - yes it is just a sign but it holds a special place in my heart.
As we went under the sign and passed the corner the Magic Kingdom fireworks could be seen in the distance - Disney was welcoming us home!
We finally got to PORS and into our room at 8.40pm

image.jpeg

We've got our mugs, we've started unpacking and we are absolutely shattered. Stacy is obviously on the TV as we are watching must do's
It's now 9.18pm (2.18am at home) and we're going to finish unpacking and then we hope to be in bed by 10pm.

Tomorrow Universal and a temperature forecast of 89 degrees.

But for the meantime I'm back in my second home PORS, and Walt Disney World - there is no other place in the world like this, that makes you laugh, smile and create so many memories that last a lifetime. :D

more tomorrow with lots of photos to come now as we start the report from the parks

Goodnight

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Friday 6th November

Firstly oops. I think yesterday's heading also said Friday!
Clearly yesterday was Thursday sorry. (I have amended)

I woke at 1am thinking I had been asleep for ages. I was cold as we left the air conditioning on and there are only a few sheets on the bed. That was soon turned off.
I am sure when the Floridian sun warms my bones then the air con can stay on but for now (through the night is off)

I went back to sleep and then woke again at 4.15am - this is normal when we get to Florida as that 9.15am back home so the body clock is telling me I an late and should be at work - but no work for me - hoorah.

I haven't managed to get back to sleep!
Chris is now awake and we are trying to plan breakfast. We only had a burger yesterday morning and a sandwich on the plane so I am starving! (I don't like plane food!)
It's nearly 6am and I just want to get ready to go.
I have shared a few messages with my brother this morning, we're both upset his not here but in 365 days time he will be here with us and I get to show him all the things we love.

Look Stacy!

image.jpeg

Everyone who comes here often will get the importance of Stacy, for us on our first trip she gave us some classic sayings that get repeated in the parks quite often!
For others reading who haven't stayed n a Disney hotel you will get it when you stay!
Stacy is a part of Disney in her own right.

So we'll start to get ready, get some breakfast and head to Universal.
I've put my head out of the door and it's hot! It's 71 degrees right now and Apparently 81 degrees by 10am
I'm excited for our day to start, (I wish it was in Disney as I think you realise you are truly here when you visit a Disney park) but we will be in Magic Kingdom tomorrow and all good things come to those who wait.
Can't wait to see the Disney roads, landmarks, everything today.

Be prepared for loads of photos and updates later. Here we go..........
Eeeekkkkk.

coachwnh

Welcome to the USA (again) and enjoy your day in Universal! Looking forward to "loads of photos and updates!" Have a great day!

ginadee

I had already decided it will be a few yrs minimum before Im back at Disney but I miss it already (was just there in sept) and reading just the very beginning of your trip makes me want to go back now.

Lyear

Awesome, awesome, awesome screen shot of Stacy. Glad you had a safe trip over and hope you enjoy/enjoyed Universal. We'll be arriving on November 14th, so we'll keep a look out for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom