LIVE UPDATES: D23 Expo - WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS Presentation 6:30pm EDT

Captain Neo

I do not think that article says what you think it says.

The princesses are getting their own TV show soon which should give the franchise a shot in the arm. But I have seen no indication it is flagging. Some people just panicked when Princess and the Frog was only a modest hit instead of a blockbuster.

"Among girls, princesses and the romanticized ideal they represent — revolving around finding the man of your dreams — have a limited shelf life. With the advent of "tween" TV, the tiara-wearing ideal of femininity has been supplanted by new adolescent role models such as the Disney Channel's Selena Gomez and Nickelodeon's Miranda Cosgrove.

"By the time they're 5 or 6, they're not interested in being princesses," said Dafna Lemish, chairwoman of the radio and TV department at Southern Illinois University and an expert in the role of media in children's lives. "They're interested in being hot, in being cool. Clearly, they see this is what society value"

lebeau

"Among girls, princesses and the romanticized ideal they represent — revolving around finding the man of your dreams — have a limited shelf life. With the advent of "tween" TV, the tiara-wearing ideal of femininity has been supplanted by new adolescent role models such as the Disney Channel's Selena Gomez and Nickelodeon's Miranda Cosgrove.

"By the time they're 5 or 6, they're not interested in being princesses," said Dafna Lemish, chairwoman of the radio and TV department at Southern Illinois University and an expert in the role of media in children's lives. "They're interested in being hot, in being cool. Clearly, they see this is what society value"

Yeah, that's not new. That's always been the case.

The franchise is still as popular as ever with the younger kids it's targeting.

Again, the article isn't saying what you think it says.

DTM93

And that was it.
Okay, being this tired in work won't really be worth it.
At least there was a few announcements for CA which I was glad to hear but nothing for WDW or DLP.
Kind of disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom