Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

Longers

Just binge read this whole TR - what an amazing time you have had. And so many memories that will last a lifetime.

Your daughter is quite a character I would love a Disney trip with her. :D
I'm not entirely certain how far Whit's territory extends, but definitely in central Ohio. They also close during the winter though so don't go looking for them in January or anything. We love love love Whit's!!

So not in the UK then! Looks like another thing to add to my USA list

Minnesota disney fan

Dryerlint! I have never laughed so much as at your daughter's quips! Hilarious. I just want you to know that those quick retorts will never quit! How do I know? My grandson was the same way. I wish my daughter had written them down. He's now 20 and he keeps us all laughing. When he was just 3 y/o, we were eating supper. I noticed he ignored his carrots, so I told him he should eat them as they were good for his eyesight and rabbits eat them. I asked him if he had ever seen a rabbit with glasses? He thought for about 30 seconds and said, "The energizer bunny". I was stunned that he was that quick and had just turned 3!!!! I haven't been able to get anything past him since. So, your daughter reminds me of him when he was little. BTW, he is very intelligent and still funny:) Love your report and wonderful daughter:)

MySmallWorldof4

Day six -last full day

And boy, was it full. I'm not going to say it was a mistake to have sucha full day so late in the trip, but it certainly wasn't my smartest idea 😂😂

We started the day by heading to Epcot. This is day six. A is really over taking selfies. In her defense I took a lot more than I usually do because I wanted to remember what we did 😂😂 This was her "go-to" selfie face by day six 😂😂
View attachment 412819

We started today pretty late. We were definitely going to miss our SSE fastpass, but A had made it perfectly clear she didn't want to go inside it so that was okay. She was afraid it was going to break off the legs and roll away, and that it would crush and kill people as it rolled. And of course if she was inside it she would try to steer it but couldn't and it would be all her fault the people died. We got a message while we were on the monorail that SSE was down anyway, and we were given an anytime fastpass that we never ended up using. Almost everything in Epcot today was a walk on, even with our late start.

I told A that this was our last time at Epcot this trip, so she needed to do everything she would miss. We started with Nemo
View attachment 412820

See this clamshell!?! We live here now. We didn't get out when the ride circled back to the front. Instead we went around for round two
View attachment 412821

And.... You guessed it... Round three (at least there's no annoying songs in this, right? 😂😂)
View attachment 412822

Okay, enough, A. Let's go ride the flying ride!! I think I've mentioned before that I am an introvert and A is an extrovert. A very social extrovert. She's constantly making friends and then making me talk to them or their parents (if they're kids). She made a friend in the soarin ride. They talked and talked and talked and talked and really never shut up. When we got to the part of the ride where you how many is your party, her friend's mom said four so the two girls could sit together. I think we were both grateful for the break in tiny human conversation, and the mom didn't start up an awkward conversation with me either. Win/win!!
View attachment 412824

And then a spin on the farm ride. There were a couple college age girls behind us who had never been on the ride, so course A decided she had to be their tour guide.... "And guess what,... They grow food from fish poop!!!" 😂😂
View attachment 412825

By the end of the ride, the girls behind us were all glad they took a chance on the farm ride. Okay, A,... Where to next??
View attachment 412826

A is scared of two parts of this ride: the part where you hear the train, and the last part where everything goes dark and the air blows on you. But that didn't stop her from wanting to ride this one twice too 😂😂 now, most of you may be thinking,... With the skunk smell why would you go on this twice in a row?!? Well, i have a confession.... I'm one of the small percentage of humans that doesn't mind the smell of skunk. Most of the time i actually like the smell 😂😂 weird, i know 😂😂
View attachment 412827

We played together on the magic tiles and the melody maker in the game area. A played a couple games by herself too
View attachment 412828

Then it was time for something new. A was not happy about this
View attachment 412829

At the end of the ride she said "that was okay. But Mom, why did we have to do fake astronaut training if we don't even get to go into space?!?" 😂😂
You and I must be related. I don’t mind skunk smell either. :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Since we were there and there was no line, we stopped to grab passholder magnets. I handed the CM two annual passes and my ID. She gave me one magnet. I asked if we could have another one because we had two APs, and she replied yes but that "your husband will be to be here to get his" 😒😒 So i try explaining to her that the two of us (A and I) are both AP holders and she looks at A and says, one of these is hers? Yes. You bought an Ap for your kid?!? Yes. She rolls her eyes and hands us a second magnet
View attachment 412832

Then we ate at the Electric Umbrella again because we were starving and it was familiar and the bathroom was clean. I got the chicken nuggets again but they were all tiny this time 😂😂
View attachment 412833

A wanted every processed and packaged thing they sold, i guess 😂😂
View attachment 412834

The chicken nuggets were still pretty meh. Sorry guys 😂😂

We headed into the World Showcase and grabbed a spot in line to meet Aurora. There were a couple families in front of us. One of them had two little girls, around ages five and seven ish. They were taking sticks and using them to kill ants and it was stressing A out....

A: mom,.. they're killing ants. They're hurting them and making them dead...
Me: okay, babe
A: NO, is NOT okay Mommy!! Their little babies will be missing them and they won't have any mommies and daddies and they'll be so sad and lonely!!!
Me: A... i can't parent other people's kids, love. I can't tell them to stop if their mommy is okay with it...
A turning to the girls: Excuse me. When you hurt the ants that's not kind, and Cinderella's says to be kind. You're making Cinderella and the ant babies really sad!!
Girls: *roll eyes, drop sticks, turn away*
A: see Mommy!! We can ALL say something when someone is doing something unkind!!
Me: touche, kid 😂😂❤❤

It sprinkled a little but Aurora came out anyway
View attachment 412838
A is awesome! Good for her for teaching those girls to be kind, even to ants. I have told other kids that are not my own to not do things such as chase birds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom