News Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced a Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet will debut at Walt Disney Presents later this summer.

"When Ariel’s adventures on land take her to Walt Disney World Resort, guests will be able to meet her by visiting Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ariel invites guests to be “part of her world” and for a limited time, see a special sneak peek and props from the film available at Walt Disney Presents Theater. Come be immersed in the live-action “The Little Mermaid” story at Walt Disney World!"

Here is the video announcement from Halle Bailey.

Tom P.

So are they going to keep the existing Ariel meet-and-greets that they've always had and just add this? Or is this going to be the only meet-and-greet for Ariel? Would it not be confusing for little kids to have two different Ariels who do not look alike in different areas?

doctornick

I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do the new meet and greet at Hollywood studios and continue the original Little Mermaid meet and greet at Magic Kingdom

It's a good way to handle it to since the ride at MK features animated Ariel so having the nearby M&G correspond works well, while this will be in a different park.

tissandtully

So are they going to keep the existing Ariel meet-and-greets that they've always had and just add this? Or is this going to be the only meet-and-greet for Ariel? Would it not be confusing for little kids to have two different Ariels who do not look alike in different areas?
.... No... do you have kids? they don't care. My daughter is so excited for the live-action movie. She knows they are different things, I didn't even explain it.

Touchdown

Eh. Wish we had more original stuff. Disney's creativity is severely lacking.
I agree the Wish trailer has me excited. I don’t need a retelling of an amazing animated movie with bad CGI and nothing new. However, I have never had a problem with how live action Ariel looks she’s a mythological creature. Halle clearly has the pipes to pull it off (unlike Emma Watson, who while an amazing actress, is not an amazing singer.). Daveed Diggs as Sebastian I have no doubt will be a great vocal performance as well, but Sebastian looks way to creepy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom