News Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

asianway

This reminds me of the time when "Angelina Jolie Maleficent" used to be spotted at Walt Disney World in DHS which also features the original Maleficent back in 2014.
That was once, to launch off the fireworks. She was also at some parks blog thing at the MK. That was it at wdw

Fido Chuckwagon

So are they going to keep the existing Ariel meet-and-greets that they've always had and just add this? Or is this going to be the only meet-and-greet for Ariel? Would it not be confusing for little kids to have two different Ariels who do not look alike in different areas?
So don’t take your kids to both?

MagicHappens1971

Ariel (From the Live Action) will be meeting (temporarily) at Walt Disney Presents starting May 14th.
Ariel (Classic) will continue to meet at her grotto at the Magic Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator:

ohioguy

So are they going to keep the existing Ariel meet-and-greets that they've always had and just add this? Or is this going to be the only meet-and-greet for Ariel? Would it not be confusing for little kids to have two different Ariels who do not look alike in different areas?
About as confusing to little girls as having two distinct Barbie dolls of different ethnicities. Which is to say, not at all.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
When they do original stuff, you people complain. When they do remakes, you people complain. I mean………..
Who is you people? Surely not the person you're quoting. Let's get another Moana. Tangled. Princess and the Frog. Something.

Even Strange World, a mediocre movie, was a nice break for the balogna they've been cranking out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Her voice is fantastic and she sounds so much like Jodi Benson (OG Ariel), anyone hating on her has other opinions, if you know what I mean.

I despise Bob's Follies, aka. the live-action remakes. End of story. I don't give one whit about who is in them or what they sound like. If you want to try and interpret that differently to fit some narrative or agenda, that's on you, not me.

Tom P.

I grew up during the Disney Renaissance. Those films are MY Disney films. The films Walt made are classics, no doubt, but in my mind they don't hold a candle to the renaissance era. As such, I feel a very strong connection to them.

I'm sorry, but Halle Bailey ain't Ariel and never will be, at least to me. And no, it's not because I think they should have cast a white actress. It's because she's not Jodi Benson. I feel exactly the same way about Emma Watson as Belle, and there's no racial angle there. But she's not Paige O'Hara.

I despise the live action remakes. All of them. And those actors will just never resonate for me because they are not the original. Just as I can never accept Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, for example.

You can disagree with me. That's fine. But my point is that there are reasons to dislike the film and the casting other than being a racist.

Tom P.

And soon Halle Berry will be a lot of children’s “Ariel” soooo 🤷‍♀️
Bailey. Halle Berry is a very different actress. :)

And I disagree. So far, none of the live action remakes have "stuck" in the culture the way the animated originals have. I think 20 years from now, the 1989 film will still be a classic and this year's remake will be a footnote in a Wikipedia article.

MadderAdder

Bailey. Halle Berry is a very different actress. :)

And I disagree. So far, none of the live action remakes have "stuck" in the culture the way the animated originals have. I think 20 years from now, the 1989 film will still be a classic and this year's remake will be a footnote in a Wikipedia article.
Appreciate the spell/name check!

WDWFanRay

I despise the live action remakes. All of them. And those actors will just never resonate for me because they are not the original. Just as I can never accept Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, for example.

You can disagree with me. That's fine. But my point is that there are reasons to dislike the film and the casting other than being a racist.
Totally agree. I haven’t enjoyed any of the live action remakes. I’d much rather see some effort and imagination go into a whole new movie. Also, I can’t even imagine the backlash that would happen (rightfully so) if The Princess and the Frog was done live action with a non-African American lead actress. Any thinking person would see that as wrong.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom