Little Ones Extra Magic Hour

autigger

Original Poster

I saw that Disney has officially announced the dates for the 2007 Little Ones Travel Time. Apparently, this year it will run from September 6 through October 28.

Does any one know what days that there will be a "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour" at the Magic Kingdom? My family went last year during this time and had an absolute blast.

In planning some meals and such, I was just curious as to whether anyone knew when the "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour" might be?:veryconfu

rcapolete

how do you attend the concerts for this. we will be ther efrom 9/16-9/22 and my kids love all the clubhouse disney shows and would like to take them to the concerts.

kennygman

Get to MGM early and go straight for the reservation table to get tickets to the time you want. No cost for the tickets, but they are required for entry.

rcapolete

dumb question but i assume you mean that you have to go on the day that the show is correct. No advance tickets available? also have they release a schedule of the shows yet?

Dagger

no advance tickets and no release of the schedule yet for MGM

LOEMH are Sunday, Wednesday and Friday I believe and it's 8-9a @ MK

park ticket required for both

natalia1681

I saw that Disney has officially announced the dates for the 2007 Little Ones Travel Time. Apparently, this year it will run from September 6 through October 28.

Does any one know what days that there will be a "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour" at the Magic Kingdom? My family went last year during this time and had an absolute blast.

In planning some meals and such, I was just curious as to whether anyone knew when the "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour" might be?:veryconfu

Here's a stupid question. What is this? My nephew is going to Disney for his first time this September and we are trying to see what all is aimed towards that crowd (he'll be 2 1/2).

Sorry I don't know more about this! I have only travelled to Disney without kids previously! I felt pretty knowledgable about how to do Disney without kids. When it comes to planning a trip with a kid, I am totally lost.:lol:

Kristamouse

We attended last year with our kids, 2+1 (irish twins) at the time. Fantasy Land was open to guests with little ones only (I think only guests on property, I could be wrong though) were allowed back there. Many, many characters were out and about playing with the kids. Pooh was great with mine. Lots of one on one time with out the typcial charater meet and greet lines. Lost of Photopass too.
Since you have never been with kids that extra hour in FL is worth about 3 hrs. b/c that place gets crazy the longer the MK is open. I would take advantage of the LOEMH, if only just to ride Dumbo with no wait;)
Also going with a small child is wonderfull in a new way than what you are used too. I tear up just seeing my kids or any kids seeing Small World or Dumbo or the Castle for the first time. Also don't be susprised if he want to play in Pooh's Playful Spot all day. We now go out of our way to NOT go past that area;) My kids would spent all day there, Mommy wants to ride Space Mtn..:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a stupid question. What is this? My nephew is going to Disney for his first time this September and we are trying to see what all is aimed towards that crowd (he'll be 2 1/2).

Sorry I don't know more about this! I have only travelled to Disney without kids previously! I felt pretty knowledgable about how to do Disney without kids. When it comes to planning a trip with a kid, I am totally lost.:lol:

Not a stupid question at all. I was only vaguely aware of EMH prior to bringing my daughter.

EMH is when a park opens early or stays open a couple of hours later than normally scheduled hours. Don't know if there is a difference between "Little Ones" EMH and EMH in general (don't think so) but when we were in the World September 06 (Little Ones Travel Time) we did MK on an early opening. They open Fantasyland at 8 AM, and it's strictly playtime for the 6 and under set...a ton of characters, including the Mouse himself, wandering around and interacting with the kids. They don't pose for pics or give autographs during this hour, you're meant to just enjoy the experience with them. It's great...our kids did ring-around-the rosy with Snow White, we saw Goofy lead a parade of children around Fantsayland, and Stitch rode Dumbo about six times with a different lucky child each time.

I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this perk - but please read the official site (disneyworld.com - check out the calendar page for your trip dates) as I think that certain types of tickets (base tickets as opposed to park hopper?) allow for certain parks on certain days. Could be wrong, so please do check it out.

Have a wonderful trip! :wave:

Yellow Shoes

They open Fantasyland at 8 AM, and it's strictly playtime for the 6 and under set...a ton of characters, including the Mouse himself, wandering around and interacting with the kids.

To clarify: There is no age discrimination at WDW.

Ticket holders of all ages are allowed in the park and are allowed to experience everything--rides, shows, characters, dining, etc. during "Little Ones" EMH.

The activities are geared towards younger children, and older children and adults are more likely to make a beeline for Space Mountain anyway.

But your 8 year old will not be turned away at the gate, nor denied the opportunity to play hide and seek with Peter Pan and Wendy.

Ticket holders of all ages are allowed in the park and are allowed to experience everything--rides, shows, characters, dining, etc. during "Little Ones" EMH.

The activities are geared towards younger children, and older children and adults are more likely to make a beeline for Space Mountain anyway.

But your 8 year old will not be turned away at the gate, nor denied the opportunity to play hide and seek with Peter Pan and Wendy.

Oops...sorry, didn't mean to give that impression! I just meant that the little ones are encouraged to "play" with the characters rather than get autographs and posed pictures. Yes, it is open to people of all ages. Thanks for the clarification!:wave:

wdwmomof3

If you go to Allearsnet.com they can help with most of your questions and even have plans for the day.

Don't worry, I have traveled with little ones and it's not bad. I would recommend if you will be needing a stroller... TAKE YOURS:) I know it's a pain on the buses but you will be so happy that you have your own. I also had a Stroller cover for mine that protected it from rain. ( I saw someone with one while we were there in the rain and would have paid big bucks for one that day) Something else that we did, and still do, is that we take afternoon breaks. This especially helps the hubby & it helps the kids too. If I can keep them happy, I'm good.:)

We went in Oct and my nine year old is STILL wearing her extra magic hours wrist band. HELP!!!!!!! She says that she is going to keep it on until we go back in 08. I will say this, it has really held up. She is a cheerleader and very active, and strong willed. :wave:

MyMiaandMyLuc

I thought the dates for this event were 8/26 to 10/28 this year??? I hope that is correct because I am taking my 3 yr old daughter and almost 1 yr old son on 8/26, and I really am excited about LOTT. Also, where can you find more info on this years events??? I have searched the net, but I cannot find anything. When do they release the concert info. You guys sure do find out some stuff. I mainly just read the posts on here,and there is some really good info on here. That is how I got free dining, and upgraded to WL. WHOO HOO!!!

autigger

Original Poster
I would recommend if you will be needing a stroller... TAKE YOURS:) I know it's a pain on the buses but you will be so happy that you have your own. I also had a Stroller cover for mine that protected it from rain

I agree completely. So long as your stroller is not overly bulky, maneuvering them on the busses is not that bad. I also recommend the stroller covers. They are typically available at babies-r-us or Amazon.

Yellow Shoes

Although I am a huge proponent of Disney transportation, I would strongly recommend those travelling with strollers to rent cars.

Dealing with strollers on over-crowded buses at park closing is brutal--especially when you're also trying to hold a dead-weight sleeping toddler (or two!)

Your children will be secured in their car seats (you had to bring them for the airplane anyway), and can sleep soundly while you drive.

MyMiaandMyLuc

Ok where are you getting your information on the dates for LOTT??? The official Disneyworld site has the dates 8/12-10/28. Please let me know where you are getting this information.

kennygman

When we went last year you were required to have a child with you to enter LOEMH. A man was pushed aside and told to wait at the regular entrance until park opening because he didn't have any kids with him. He was VERY irrate.

durangojim

When we went last year you were required to have a child with you to enter LOEMH. A man was pushed aside and told to wait at the regular entrance until park opening because he didn't have any kids with him. He was VERY irrate.

Good, if it's LITTLE ONES extra magic hour maybe it should just be for the little ones and those with them. But I think this was already covered in posts last year.

Yellow Shoes

Not trying to start an argument, because you saw what you saw.

However, we were there last year with 2 40-somethings and a 13 year old and were let right in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom