Little mermaid

AKL fan

Original Poster
I would like to ask everyone whether they know what going to happen to The Voyage of the Litttle Mermaid in Disney's Hollywood Studio once Ariel's Adventure opens in the new expanded Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. Surely we're not going to have two Little Mermaid shows. Any ideas as to what could replace the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. :animwink:

BrerKev

Voyage is still a crowd pleaser, so I don't believe there will be any thoughts of removing it at this time. I enjoy seeing the show every time we go to DHS, Minus the flash photo annoyance.

JohnLocke

We won't. We'll have a show and a ride. Kinda like Finding Nemo.

Pretty much this, remember, at one point there were 3 Lion King based attractions in 3 parks. There are still 2 now, and if you want to count significant appearances by characters there are 4.

disney dharling

It would be nice if they refreshed it. When we were there last year the theater was showing it's age and heavy traffic. Show is still really good though.

Walt Disney1955

The show is fine. I love it, still. Plus let's face it, outside of Lion King it's probably the most popular Disney movie since Walt's death.

JustInTime

I think it needs to be replaced or updated. I still say that Hollywood Studios NEEDS some new 3rd party tie-ins and something could fill up that entire stretch if need be. It is one of the most dated shows I have ever seen (lasers anyone?). So either new effects or replace it.

New2WDW

Don't see why they both can't stay. There was a previous Ariel Meet and Greet in Fantasyland before so now it will be upgraded to a ride as well.

I really like the effects in the DHS show! But it could use a little TLC.

tiaragirl

I can't see it going anywhere for the time being.. is it just me, or is there ALWAYS a decent crowd for the Voyage?

I love it, it's one of the things I remember from our first trips. I wouldn't be opposed to some new technology, but nothing that changes the basics of the show. The under the sea part is just gold.

I don't see this going anywhere. Especially since it just got new signage out front. But who knows, it wouldn't be the first time Disney's shocked me!

mtomkins

Aw I love the VOTLM. One of the funniest memories of it I have is back in 2004. Went with two girlfriends after we graduated. Two of us had been to Disney almost 20 times between the two of us, the third girl was experiencing her first trip with us.

Friend #1 [who had been before] wanted to see the show. Friend #2 didn't. Considering I've seen the show multiple times I thought she should get to chose what we did at that moment seeing as SHE hadn't been before.

CAT FIGHT START.

So before you know it, we are sitting out in front of what used to be the Animation Studios fighting screaming. I still to this day remember the three of us standing there crying and fighting [we'd been gone from home for 7 days at this point, myself had actually only been home a total of two days in almost a month]. Mind you, Friend #1 wanted to go see Beauty & The Beast. The best part of the whole fight - well, first best part - was me screaming "THIS IS THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! AND IM NOT HAPPY! IM MISERABLE!" .. lots of families probably thought we were crazy that day. Friend #2 and I agreed to go to VOTLM. NO GO! Friend #1 stomped off to see B&TB by herself and friend #2 and I promptly went and got in line for the 45 minute wait to see VOTLM.

Friend #1 kept texting us trying to get ahold of us to find us .. imagine the [not so nice] text message we got when we told her we were happily enjoying the show! hehe .. still makes me chuckle! OHH THE DAYS OF BEING A TEENAGER!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom