Little Mermaid Virtual Ride on DvD

YunaB17

Original Poster
This is a question ive had for a while and ive been searching for an answer. I couldnt find one but i might have missed it so im sorry if its been brought up before. So a while ago they had a special edition little mermaid dvd with a bonus feature that was like a virtual version of a little mermaid ride they had planned a while ago. Is this at all related to the little mermaid ride theyre putting in fantasyland? Is it supposed to be anything like the virtual ride on the dvd or are they completly unrelated and nothing alike? Thanks for any help you can provide in answering this question for me and once again sorry if this has already been brought up

There are some similarities, IMO, besides just the characters and music.

I remember there being a scene with Ariel in her grotto and the statue of Eric. According to concpet art, that is in the new ride. I also remember there being a "Kiss the Girl" scene. According to concept art that is staying as well. I also remember a very grand "Under the Sea" scene. That is in the new ride as well.

The ride system, layout, and organization of the scenes is different. The ride system will not be similar to Peter Pan's Flight like you saw on the DVD. It will be an omnimover like Haunted Mansion & The Seas with Nemo and Friends. You will board cars that looks like sea shells. Also, the layout of the scenes will make more sense now than on the DVD (I remember it having "Kiss the Girl" as one of the last scenes).

:)

NoChesterHester

This is a question ive had for a while and ive been searching for an answer. I couldnt find one but i might have missed it so im sorry if its been brought up before. So a while ago they had a special edition little mermaid dvd with a bonus feature that was like a virtual version of a little mermaid ride they had planned a while ago. Is this at all related to the little mermaid ride theyre putting in fantasyland? Is it supposed to be anything like the virtual ride on the dvd or are they completly unrelated and nothing alike? Thanks for any help you can provide in answering this question for me and once again sorry if this has already been brought up

I have that virtual ride-through on our DVD. It was for an earlier version of the ride (1990's) that never got the green light. The version we are getting is vastly different.

If you want to see a preview of the Little Mermaid attraction, watch this video (about an hour in):

http://buzzroom.nasa.gov/multimedia/videos/434/

_Scar

This one was proposed for DLP I believe and maybe DL.

They were always wanting to do TLM, but haven't until now.

French Quarter

Thanks for the video link from the DVD. I had never seen it. Although I don't really like the Little Mermaid, if the new ride is at least as good as the one in the DVD I'll be excited to ride.

IWant2GoNow

I hope that the ride is as good as the DVD as well, some say it will be even better.

If it turns out better than the DVD version I will, in my own mind, classify it an E-ticket.

The DVD version looks awesome as it is and then picturing it with fully fleshed out AA's I think will make it amazing.

I hope it's something similar.

AEfx

I think you can expect it to be similar but it sounds like this one is going to be more lavish. There really aren't any AA's to speak of in the DVD version, and we know we are getting at least a few.

I think if you like what is on the video, you'll probably love what they actually build.

AEfx

The ride through is cool abeit the scenes are out of order. That would be my nit-pick.

Conversely, people would complain if it DID follow the movie exactly.

What works in a film doesn't always work in a ride...and unless Ursula dies in the first scene, I don't think that it will be a big issue.

On that note - do we have any information on Ursula's appearances in the ride yet? I haven't seen any mentions of how big/how animatronic/etc. she will be. I am greatly looking forward to staring her down, and although they need to keep it kid-appropriate I hope they don't dumb her down. She SHOULD be scary. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom