List of Things "To Do" as you watch PotC 2...

Did you enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest - ?

• It was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • I liked it!

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • I didn't like it.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
1) Before the movie starts, look for the 'new' Disney Co. Sign. (I heard on here a while ago that they would have a new one; now I haven't seen the movie yet, so if this is wrong, someone plz tell.:wave: )

2) Look for Davey Jones and Jack and say "they're in the attraction now:D "

3) Look for the mayor dunking scene.

4) Stay after the credits for something that has to do with the attraction.:animwink:
(Heard that tip from Jason Surrell)

5) Enjoy the movie!!:)

And on this thread, vote (only once you've seen the movie) for weither you liked it or not. Just don't put any spoilers on here plz!!

CaptainMichael

I've heard about staying after the credits also. I've done that before for the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but that was disappointing. I hope the thing at the end of Dead Man's Chest is a little more worthwhile.

i really liked it. at some points it seemed a little long, but that may have been because it was 1am. theres a lot more going on, a lot of twists, a lot more character development and a lot more action. its darker than the first and my mom thought it was funnier too. its like they took the first movie and "plussed" everything. id give a more descriptive review, but i know people would get mad.

STR8FAN2005 said:
I've heard about staying after the credits also. I've done that before for the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but that was disappointing. I hope the thing at the end of Dead Man's Chest is a little more worthwhile.

there was something at the end of chamber of secrets? im not going to reveal anything, but if you want to be completely surprised about the scene after the credits STOP READING. i just want to say it really wasnt great. it was like 30 seconds, and my parents got mad at me for making them wait all the way through the credits to see it. granted it was 2:30 in the morning. but of course im sure all of you will be curious enough to want to see it anyway, so go for it.

CaptainMichael

CommandoDisney said:
i really liked it. at some points it seemed a little long, but that may have been because it was 1am. theres a lot more going on, a lot of twists, a lot more character development and a lot more action. its darker than the first and my mom thought it was funnier too. its like they took the first movie and "plussed" everything. id give a more descriptive review, but i know people would get mad.
There is a thread in the movie board that is specifically for reviews. Please feel free to post there.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=78544

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
New logo is nice.

There is something at the end of the credits. Nothing nearly as dramatic as what was at the end of Curse of the Black Pearl but it is kind of cute.

No trailer for POTC 3 either at the beginning or end of the movie.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
What trailers were shown? Was the Transformers trailer shown?
No Transformers trailer. A few cool trailers but nothing really mind blowing. Deja Vu, The Guardian and Lady in the Water were the only trailers that stuck in my mind.

Wow, they're really pushing this "Lady in the Water" movie. First, a preview before "The Lakehouse," then a preview before "Superman," now one before "Pirates." Although, to be fair, Pirates previews were before a lot of movies as well.;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
amykissangel said:
Wow, they're really pushing this "Lady in the Water" movie. First, a preview before "The Lakehouse," then a preview before "Superman," now one before "Pirates." Although, to be fair, Pirates previews were before a lot of movies as well.;)
Lady in the Water looks pretty good. M Knight really needs another hit. He peaked with his first movie the 6th sense and has been playing catch up ever since.

GothMickey

Lady in the Water is M. Knight's movie right? I thought he recently bashed Disney cause they wouldn't make or fund this movie??? Correct me if I am wrong....

a2grafix

DisneyDellsDude said:
4) Stay after the credits for something that has to do with the attraction.:animwink:
(Heard that tip from Jason Surrell)

DisneyDellsDude ... small world, and I am not talking about the ride either! How do you know cast member Jason Surrell? Funny, have not seen that name in quite some time.

I went to high school with the dude back in the mid-to-late 1980s back in Cleveland, Ohio. We graduated from Mentor High School together in June 1988. Last I heard he was working in Adventureland on the Jungle Cruise, but that was ages ago. I'm sure cast members have different rotations at WDW every now and then.

PM me if you want to know more about Mr. Surrell. Don't know if he came back home for the 10th high school reunion. Well, the 20-year is coming up soon.

Master Yoda said:
No Transformers trailer. A few cool trailers but nothing really mind blowing. Deja Vu, The Guardian and Lady in the Water were the only trailers that stuck in my mind.

Actually the Transformers trailer was shown when I saw POTC 2 last night. It was kind of short. But it was there. POTC 2 was amazing wow.....at one point everyone in the theater gasped. It was insane...their isn't any other way to describe it, you'll see what I mean when you see it.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
a2grafix said:
DisneyDellsDude ... small world, and I am not talking about the ride either! How do you know cast member Jason Surrell? Funny, have not seen that name in quite some time.

I went to high school with the dude back in the mid-to-late 1980s back in Cleveland, Ohio. We graduated from Mentor High School together in June 1988. Last I heard he was working in Adventureland on the Jungle Cruise, but that was ages ago. I'm sure cast members have different rotations at WDW every now and then.

PM me if you want to know more about Mr. Surrell. Don't know if he came back home for the 10th high school reunion. Well, the 20-year is coming up soon.

That's awesome that you know him like that!

Sorry if I was wording that wrong... On the live webcast for PotC 2 movie premiere, (he was hosting) he mentioned that you should stick around after the credits to see something.
He's a pretty big name, so I decided to say that because then it was coming from a 'reliable source'.
:eek:

TAC said:
  • Keira Knightley had to wear hair extensions because she had cut her hair short for her role in Domino (2005).
  • The gigantic wheel weighed at 1800 pounds standing at 18 feet tall.
  • This was first time Johnny Depp portrayed the same character in more than one movie
  • In June of 2006, the "Flying Dutchman" set ship was towed to Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island where it was displayed in promotion release of the movies.
  • The Black Pearl is the only ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and its sequel which operate under power. All others are built atop other ships such as barges with only the portions seen by the cameras completed.

That's cool thanks for pointing that out! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom