Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

DisneyDodo

I guess if they can have Frozen and The Gran Fiesta Tour next to each other in Epcot, then this and Navi can coexist.

But I'm drawing a blank, how does a water based ride thematically fit into the Lion King Movies. I don't recall water playing an important story role in the movies?
Generally speaking, when it comes to slow-moving dark rides, the ride system exists predominantly to transport guests between scenes. The entertainment comes from the show elements themselves, not from the ride system (in contrast to a thrill ride).

The choice of the particular ride system primarily comes down to questions of logistics (budget, capacity, space, etc.) and the transportation needs dictated by the story (e.g., is there need for change in elevation, do the scenes need to be synced to the ride vehicle or can they play on a continuous loop, can the vehicle follow along a straight path or is there a need for more flexibility, etc.)

Therefore, it doesn’t really matter very much if there are multiple dark rides using the same system in close proximity, as long as the show elements are sufficiently distinct. In the same way that one wouldn’t consider two vacations to be the same just because they traveled to both destinations by airplane.

mickEblu

Therefore, it doesn’t really matter very much if there are multiple dark rides using the same system in close proximity, as long as the show elements are sufficiently distinct. In the same way that one wouldn’t consider two vacations to be the same just because they traveled to both destinations by airplane.

Agreed unless the ride system is a simulator or a shooter in which case there are usually not as many show elements to differentiate the experiences enough. Leaving the content on the screen as the only major change.

Phicinfan

Attachments

• Niagara-Falls.gif
    Niagara-Falls.gif
    186.5 KB · Views: 38

DisneyDodo

Agreed unless the ride system is a simulator or a shooter in which case there are usually not as many show elements to differentiate the experiences enough. Leaving the content on the screen as the only major change.
Agreed. I personally find ST and MFSR to be quite similar experiences (I’m sure Star Wars fans can appreciate the nuances between the rides more than I can as a non-SW fan). I even feel the same about MS, despite it not using the SW IP at all (though at least it’s in a different park)

Brer Oswald

Build Lion King plus Encanto, leave Dinosaur, Restaurantosaurus, and the Boneyard alone, and build Indiana Jones at DHS. Everybody wins, and AK gets a true expansion instead of a replacement of a great ride.
Ideally, they would be putting more money into new stuff like Lion King rather than currently unnecessary rethemes. A Lion King E Ticket boat ride and Dinosaur (even in B mode) is FAR more valuable than an Indy Dino retheme and a potentially underwhelming Lion King C Ticket.

DisneyDodo

Ideally, they would be putting more money into new stuff like Lion King rather than currently unnecessary rethemes. A Lion King E Ticket boat ride and Dinosaur (even in B mode) is FAR more valuable than an Indy Dino retheme and a potentially underwhelming Lion King C Ticket.
I don’t think AK is particularly in need of more E-tickets. They desperately need more family-friendly rides. I’d rather them spend their budget on multiple C-tickets over one E

PizzaPlanet

Kinda interesting how Lion King went from having 3 shows in 3 parks to 2 closing down, one getting relocated, and now a potential ride on the way decades later

Bocabear

Obviously expectations are always tempered but the current crop of rumors make me really happy for my favorite WDW park.

Just need them to trot Rhode out to make the announcements and I'll vote for whoever Iger wants for every future shareholder meeting.

(I'm just so happy we avoided Zootopia)
Did we? I am still worried we will get it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom