Lion King DVD Pre-Orders Not Arriving

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Catch 22
You guys should think yourselves lucky, in the UK we have to wait until the 31st October for the release.....:(

Heh, for the first time I can't gloat about something, ours came out on October 1st!! :sohappy:

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
Uk uses a different Regeion Code, so unless the UK player is an open Region player and they can play back NTSC (UK uses PAL format as well), that's why they have to wait. I'm sure France uses a different Region Code than US as well.

Well, that's what they WANT you to believe. Ours is Region 4, and I get American DVDs all the time. It's very easy to look up your model on the 'Net and find out how to crack it. It's very easy, a code you punch into your remote.

DisneyPhD

I also pre-ordered from the gift shop at OKW. I was Promised it would be here today, it wasn't. Now I am disapointed too, and am wondering what the number to call is. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered it. I could of got it from Toys R Us for cheaper with another DVD for only 5$. Oh well. :hammer:

I hope that it doesn't take a week for it to get here, I have been telling Little PhD that we could wacth it today and she keeps asking about it.

Maerj

Actually this is a discovery we made over at www.ultimatedisney.com a while ago. Most Disney Region 1 DVDs are also Region 4 encoded and vice versa. I guess they felt it was easier for distribution that way or something? Those are the only two Regions that are like that though, can't guarantee it is the same for any other regions.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Maerj
Actually this is a discovery we made over at www.ultimatedisney.com a while ago. Most Disney Region 1 DVDs are also Region 4 encoded and vice versa. I guess they felt it was easier for distribution that way or something? Those are the only two Regions that are like that though, can't guarantee it is the same for any other regions.

Well, that's certainly new. My R1 discs don't play on my R4 DVD-ROM, and I had to crack my regular player to use them as well.

Maerj

Hmmm, *most* of them should. The Gold Collection ones were all Region 1 and 4 encoded. I've never tried it, but there was a lot of discussion about it on our board. Try looking in the forum: www.ultimatedisney.com/forum

They guy who alerted us is Ric_Mx on that message board, so you may want to look him up on there or contact the webmaster, Luke. He's a good guy and is very helpful.

valmont

If the DVD has English and a Spanish audio track its encoded in Region 1 and Region 4, if it only has English and French, its only Region 1. Hope this helps :wave:

Vipex23

I got my Lion King today in the mail (the day it was officially released). I ordered it back in August at the CB Resort Gift Shop. For about $22.00 I got a LK pin, bean bag and free shipping. Very Good Service.

Donfan

Ordered ours through the website; $29. Got movie, LK pin, yound Simba and Rafiki bean bags, and 4 lithos. Free shipping. Ordered two sets. Came in the mail yesterday (Monday, 6 Oct.)

DisneyJedi

If my doesn't come in the mail by the weekend when I hope to watch it, I have an easy solution.. just buy it at Best Buy or Wal-Mart or wherever to have it now and when the one comes in the mail that you ordered, just return it unopened to the store you bought the first copy at. I don't think there should be any difference as long as you leave the plastic shrink wrap on the dvd.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DisneyJill
I drove to Wal-Mart last nite at midnite to get one. They put them out at 12:15, I got one in my hot little hand and went home and I've already watched it. Forget that pre-ordering stuff. :D :lookaroun

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Oh yeah, except I refuse to shop at WM anymore (evil, evil company!!! :mad: ) Anyway, that's what I do too - except I go to Target or K-mart! :animwink:

careship

Original Poster
Hate to say this, but I am sooooo glad I am not the only one who didn't get it. However, I feel it's poor business practice for everyone to blame someone else.

For the rest of you who haven't received their copy, call either DL or WDW Merchandising depending upon where you bought it and at least let them know you didn't get yours either. Maybe then, Disney will find a different shipper next time.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by careship
Hate to say this, but I am sooooo glad I am not the only one who didn't get it. However, I feel it's poor business practice for everyone to blame someone else.

For the rest of you who haven't received their copy, call either DL or WDW Merchandising depending upon where you bought it and at least let them know you didn't get yours either. Maybe then, Disney will find a different shipper next time.

Could you give me the number to the WDW one? I am calling today if it doesnt come. It seems us michiganders are the unlucky ones.

The Key to pre ordering use to be the free dvd's you could choose from, When they pre orderd snow white, you could get little mermaid, pinoco, alice and some other awsome ones, people would come in and pre order like ten of them, thats what made snow white the most successiful dvd of all time. Then, B+B came out they did the same thing, but the dvd's stunk, now they use plush?? not nearly as good of a deal as it use to......

careship

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Could you give me the number to the WDW one? I am calling today if it doesnt come. It seems us michiganders are the unlucky ones.

407-363-6200

DisneyPhD

Thanks for the number Careship. I haven't got it yet. (Oct 8th.)

I called it and they rep gave me another num 1-877-491-0066 (toll free.) I am not sure where my receit is so I gave her my phone number. Nothing came up under it. I was getting worried. I gave her my name. She came back and said that it showed it shipped but something didn't look right, so they were over nighting me another today. If I get 2 (she thought I would) just call and they would send out a lable to send the sencond one one (she said I sounded Honest hmmm.) Of course she didn't take my adress again so I am guessing they did at least have a record of my order. On second thought I might call back and make sure the address is right.

Good luck.

careship

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Thanks for the number Careship. I haven't got it yet. (Oct 8th.)

I called it and they rep gave me another num 1-877-491-0066 (toll free.) I am not sure where my receit is so I gave her my phone number. Nothing came up under it. I was getting worried. I gave her my name. She came back and said that it showed it shipped but something didn't look right, so they were over nighting me another today. If I get 2 (she thought I would) just call and they would send out a lable to send the sencond one one (she said I sounded Honest hmmm.) Of course she didn't take my adress again so I am guessing they did at least have a record of my order. On second thought I might call back and make sure the address is right.

Good luck.

the toll free number was the shipper's phone number.

Kellylynn322

I ordered Beauty and the Beast in Disneyland last August and had the same thing. They told me it would be here the release date but when it didn't arrive I called and someone very nice explained to me that they are shipped "on or about" the release date. Mine was in my mailbox a few days later. I usually don't bother pre-ordering since I am not a big litho fan but in Disneyland they gave you a free pin, a free other DVD and a pin in the mail with the DVD. Don't panic I am sure that it will be in your mailbox in a few days. Sorry for your delay. (geez....that sounded like a pre-recorded salutation)
:lol:

BRER STITCH

I actually received mine on the 3rd!!!

Which I am sure is in violation of some sort of marketing and distribution contracts, but what are ya gonna do?

:lol:

As an aside......the Pre-Orders are also done so they can be tallied in with the "First Day Sales" figure the media loves to report and judge new releases by!

DisneyPhD

Ok, I got mine over night UPS on Thursday. (called wednesday afternoon and they got it here by Thursday moring, boy they can be fast when they want to.)

Heres the thing, it was only the DVD, nothing else. I can't remember when I ordered it, it was our last day and I was in a hurry to get out of the gift shop, I was shipping home the Castle for a Christmas present for Little PhD. Anyway I didn't pay attention to the details.

I know I got a pin and a bean bag toy, was there supost to be any lithographs with it? So far we haven't recived the orginal one from the mail, don't think we ever will. I can't find my reciet and the new one didn't come with one. How am I going to send away for my free DVD after buying 3? Oh what to do?

Careship, have you recived yours yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom