Lion King DVD Pre-Orders Not Arriving

careship

Original Poster
Received mine finally yesterday. Not very happy about the whole ordeal either. There was just the DVD, pin and beanbag toy, no lithos. Lithos were through the Disney Store but you didn't get the pin etc. I also ended up getting mine overnighted from WDW merchandising not from the shipper. I think Disney lost out in a huge way using that shipper and hope they have learned their lesson. Until they have another shipper I won't preorder like that again. And I leave in 5 days I sure hope no CM's try to con me into doing that again, they'll sure be on the bad end of venting.

DisneyPhD

I am with you. No more pre- orders for me (at least through Disney, I might do Toys R Us or Blockbuster if the deal is sweet enough.) I don't think we are ever getting the orignal one sent in the mail, but if we did I AM KEEPING IT! This was not worth the hassel. Have you noticed we both live in Michigan?

Oh well. Live and learn. :brick:

Have a great trip, we go back in Jan 2004.

Invero

I pre-ordered Snow White when it came out on DVD. The deal was Snow White plus a free DVD of your choice. I chose Little Mermaid. I was promised that my DVD would arrive around October 8th, I think it was. At any rate... it never showed up. I waited an extra week, never showed up. I placed numerous phone calls with Disney, and the distribution company. Useless people. Incredibly RUDE, and very dishonest. I got so many runarounds and lines... One person would say it shipped, the next person said it hadn't shipped yet.

So at any rate... after calling every day for two weeks, they finally said that my DVD shipped on Oct 30th. Actually, I recieved 3 different dates, but the average was the 30th. Never came.

So now, it's the middle of November. Still no DVD. I went back to World of Disney where I ordered it. Asked to speak with a manager. I explained the situation, how the DVD never showed up, the rude people etc. The manager basically said that he won't do anything, because "how do I know you haven't already gotten the DVD?" I couldn't believe it, but he was actually acusing me of trying to scam the store. His attitude was appaling.

So, I placed even more phone calls to the distribution company. More lies, more runarounds. I pretty much has spoken to everyone there. They knew me. They didn't need to ask for info to bring up my account. Half the time, they didn't bother, they just hung up on me, when they realized it was me. Very unprofessional people. Not once did I ever raise my voice or say any non-Disney words to them, however, several of them made comments on my 'record card' saying that I had gotten hostile with them.

3 times I was promised a Manager would call me back. Never happened. The one time I did get to talk to a manager, I'm pretty sure it was one of the people there pretending to be a manager.

SO, I placed even MORE phone calls to Area Manager at WoD, as well as back to Buena Vista Pictures... more run arounds from them even, but FINALLY I got a hold of someone who was a help. She even called me back to update me on status. As an apology for the MAJOR problems I had, she offered to send me a Tarzan DVD free. (which arrived a few days before the Snow White DVD, by the way) Since she was so nice and helpful (and she was the ONLY one), I accepted this from her.

Bottom line... I didn't get my Snow White DVD (plus the free Little Mermaid DVD) until mid DECEMBER. Two months late.

I was also informed by the nice lady that she had litterally HUNDREDS of other people with similar issues.

This is why I will *NEVER* pre-order a Disney DVD ever again.

monorail256

As I've said before in an earlier post, I recieved mine on October 3rd. We preordered ours at World of Disney, and probably will never do it again. Not because anything bad happened, its just cus we like the lithos, and with me working at the Disney Store now... its just better to do it there.

Preorder off us Disney Stores.. we'll definately have a copy for you ;)

tiggerlover1971

OK I finally received my copy on Friday but do you guys want to hear the irony of it all? here goes I live in Coral Springs Florida and it was shipped from Coral Springs florida I could have driven over there and picked up my copy faster

marypoppins68

I'm glad to hear you guys have recieved your copies but I still haven't recieved mine, and I live less than an hour from WDW. If it doesn't come by Tuesday I'll have to start calling. I am never preordering any movie over the mail again. I'll just go to the store and pick it up. I don't care what the extras are.

careship

Original Poster
thestore24.com was the actual shipper for mine. The order was placed with Buena Vista but the shipper is the actual problem according to WDW Merchandising sources whom I have grown to know and love this week.

marypoppins68

Thanks for the info. I just emailed Disney to let them know I haven't recieved my copy yet. This has happened to me in the past when I preordered Harry Potter too. It came a week and a half after it was in stores. From now on I'm just going to the store.

marypoppins68

The email worked! I got my copy of Lion King today. :) I sent an email to WDW Merchandise yesterday morning and got the standard reply back with a toll free number to call for help. When I came home from work today there was a package at my front door from Buena Vista Home Ent from Coral Springs, Fl. UPS Next Day Air Saver. That was fast! I wonder if the original will ever arrive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom