Linking credit card to magic band

jloucks

FWIW, I would be far more concerned about housekeeping staff stealing things from my room than someone going to the trouble of executing a relatively complex plan to duplicate the RFID information from my MagicBand and enter my room. In reality, I'm not worried about either of them really, but I would venture to say that the former is far more likely than the latter.

This is why I think people should have to take statistics in school. It really opens up a whole new way of seeing the world. Of prioritizing concerns.

Just because something could happen, does not mean it will happen in your lifetime. Sure, eventually, several hundred years later, but while you are staying at WDW? Not likely.

Human nature I guess. Like playing the lottery. People seem so sure they are going to win. lol. What are the odds? Probably less than getting your magic band spoofed, I'll give 'em that.

CaptainAmerica

This is why I think people should have to take statistics in school. It really opens up a whole new way of seeing the world. Of prioritizing concerns.

Just because something could happen, does not mean it will happen in your lifetime. Sure, eventually, several hundred years later, but while you are staying at WDW? Not likely.

Human nature I guess. Like playing the lottery. People seem so sure they are going to win. lol. What are the odds? Probably less than getting your magic band spoofed, I'll give 'em that.
Housekeeping isn't going to rob you, either.

Rather than choosing the more likely scenario to worry about, it's probably best to just worry about neither and go on with your day.

Tom P.

Housekeeping isn't going to rob you, either.

Rather than choosing the more likely scenario to worry about, it's probably best to just worry about neither and go on with your day.
I agree with you. I was simply trying to illustrate a point. If you are worried about your MagicBand being stolen in a rather complex plot that would involve multiple people, detailed surveillance of your actions, and some rather sophisticated technology, why are you not worrying about the housekeeping staff who have access to your room already at all times?

PeoplemoverTTA

Don't have time to go into it, but some think the holds are triggering fraud alerts to the banks.

I think you might be right. I always call my bank to let them know I’ll be traveling to prevent issues. I’ve been here since Tuesday and have exclusively charged to my MB without any problem, thankfully.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think you might be right. I always call my bank to let them know I’ll be traveling to prevent issues. I’ve been here since Tuesday and have exclusively charged to my MB without any problem, thankfully.
The person I spoke with seemed very definite that Disney was taking steps to prevent MB charging problems and they did not expect them to continue going forward. I believe it because there is such a direct and immediate link between MB charging and money going into Disney’s pockets. I wonder if there was a problem with how they were processing the holds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom