Lin-Manuel Miranda Pitches Encanto Attraction to Chapek?

Sir_Cliff

i enjoyed it but there’s a lot of Disney movies I enjoy that have no presence in the parks, if it’s still popular in a year, or has a successful sequel, it’ll have proven it has some legs.

It’ll take 3-5 years to design and built an attraction, combine that with shortening attention spans, and it just makes sense to make sure it’ll still be popular in several years when the ride actually opens.
I think the relevant issue is more whether the film gives enough material for a good attraction. People aren't exactly going to forget about Encanto anytime soon and if the attraction is good enough it will be able to stand on its own merits even once the initial hype dies down. I mean, they did just open a Ratatouille attraction.

Personally, I think there are interesting possibilities for an Encanto attraction. Whether they do anything with them or just, for example, redress Tarzan's Treehouse at Disneyland to have an Encanto theme remains to be seen. I know people are very keen to say "I didn't like this movie, therefore they shouldn't build an attraction based on it", but there are other people in the world.

Disstevefan1

What is everyones thoughts on this. According to the interview he apparently came up with it while riding Ariel/Little Mermaid. I'm all for more dark rides or attractions in general. No sure it should go in EPCOT.

Forgive me if this is already being talked about.
Could they finish all the cr@p in EPCOT and the MK before considering new attractions?

We have construction walls in EPCOT way too long and we have been without the WDW RR way too long.

Casper Gutman

I think the relevant issue is more whether the film gives enough material for a good attraction. People aren't exactly going to forget about Encanto anytime soon and if the attraction is good enough it will be able to stand on its own merits even once the initial hype dies down. I mean, they did just open a Ratatouille attraction.

Personally, I think there are interesting possibilities for an Encanto attraction. Whether they do anything with them or just, for example, redress Tarzan's Treehouse at Disneyland to have an Encanto theme remains to be seen. I know people are very keen to say "I didn't like this movie, therefore they shouldn't build an attraction based on it", but there are other people in the world.
No Disney film I can think of has ever been as ideally designed for a dark ride as Encanto. It features an extremely diverse variety of environments in very close proximity -all arranged around a central hub. As a bonus, the central environment itself is an animated character. It also features a host of physically distinct, identifiable characters and a score featuring several wildly popular songs. Encanto is essentially Dark Ride: The Movie.

Little Pixie

In the Parks
No
NO NO NOOOO mode IP in World Showcase
I don't really see it fitting in Animal Kingdom and not really sure where it would go in Magic Kingdom. That leaves throwing it somewhere in DHS or Epcot and it surely doesn't fit in World Discovery or World Celebration.

MickeyLuv'r

If they build a full Columbia pavilion to go along with it, I'd be 100% behind an Encanto attraction in World Showcase.
Is Columbia interested?

Putting Encanto in AK could be...a bit touchy.

Adventureland makes sense, assuming we're talking about a ride.

On the other hand, MK has plenty of decent attractions. The other 3 parks need more attractions, at least if they are going to offer any kind of G+/ILL/FP+.

For relatively low cost, a HS show makes sense, perhaps has a short-term option. If WDW isn't going to re-open VotLM, that space might be a possibility.

MagicHappens1971

Does anyone mind pointing out where the expansion pads are at Epcot? I know between Norway/China is currently backstage and has trailers and what not, I mean I’m sure they could relocate but. Where would the most likely place be for an expansion?

James Alucobond

Does anyone mind pointing out where the expansion pads are at Epcot? I know between Norway/China is currently backstage and has trailers and what not, I mean I’m sure they could relocate but. Where would the most likely place be for an expansion?
In World Showcase, there’s an expansion pad between practically every existing country. The only ones that are compromised are the ones where they put the Frozen meet and greet by Norway and the one that’s half taken over by Ratatouille between France and Morocco. Realistically, I don’t think they’d ultimately use them all for countries or else it would become super dense. If they wanted to continue to space things evenly, they could easily fit two more (one at World Showplace, one in front of the former barge storage area). After that, they should be judicious about whether they use the pads for countries or attractions, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom