Limited-time Passholder-exclusive Mickey Mouse Popcorn Bucket coming soon to Walt Disney World

SoFloMagic

No availability issues at MK today. Piles of buckets and no lines.

It seems theyve figured out the solution to their issues. Make the Starbucks cups $50, don't release exciting popcorn buckets. (no snark from me.. I like this philosophy)

Ayla

I'm a member of a FB AP group. APs are already buying it. One AP on the group thought it was $25 with NO popcorn. It's actually $13. Whatever.

Quoting an actual AP: "omg... I'm dying for one! I was there a few days too early (went Saturday). Ugh!"

Didn't they used to give out wine and drink glasses for free before the magnets? Now, to "honor" APs, cough up $25 for your "exclusive" merchandise.
God, that's just ~ cringe.

Ayla

Two of my kids went with my mom on a trip several years ago (when they had APs) and got the free AP cutting boards that were being offered if you went to Epcot 4 times. They're small but fairly nice. I think we may have one of the free AP F&W glasses somewhere as well.

But remember - AP's are "unfavorable guests".
The cutting board is in my drawer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The barcode on the bucket should be linked to your magic band..once it's scanned they can find the AP and blockit or close their account..

You would think, but since you only need to show a screenshot of your pass in your mobile phone's wallet, there's literally nothing identifiable being tied to the purchase, particularly if someone uses a gift card. You could go to each location multiple times per day and get a bucket, if you had the time and inclination, nothing is stopping you, least of all Disney and their vaunted IT department. :rolleyes:

Cmdr_Crimson

At least they weren't Spaceship Earth 40th popcorn buckets...........................
giphy.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
the Mr Toad bucket? I thought it was MK in park mobile order only.
Sorry for the confusion, I was only referring to the AP bucket. I haven’t paid much attention to the Toad bucket, mostly because I think they’re dumb and not terribly functional as popcorn buckets (we had two of the early character buckets several years ago, the Green Alien bucket and one other… Mickey, maybe? I’ve forgotten.).

CntrlFlPete

Sorry for the confusion, I was only referring to the AP bucket. I haven’t paid much attention to the Toad bucket, mostly because I think they’re dumb and not terribly functional as popcorn buckets (we had two of the early character buckets several years ago, the Green Alien bucket and one other… Mickey, maybe? I’ve forgotten.).

not an issue, just seemed the talk moved to the collector type buckets while the feel seems to be -- well Disney released an AP popcorn bucket that is meant to be used as a refillable bucket (I assume) but (due to the collector buckets) expectations seemed closer to expecting a collector bucket for passholders.

I never knew getting popcorn could be so convoluted!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom