Limited-time Passholder-exclusive Mickey Mouse Popcorn Bucket coming soon to Walt Disney World

Dad 2 M & M

Just wait until they decide to sell to all guestsā€¦

can you imagine the uproar from AP entitled crowd?

Some of them dedicated Passholder entrance Blue Ringers are going to have a running conniption fitā€¦.

JohnD

So they can't be bothered to offer another unique bucket to APs. We've seen the Figment and Mickey Halloween as good examples. And they think we'll be excited for this?

It's a no for me. If they had a real Mickey figure peaking over the actual lid of the bucket, for example, that would be something unique and special I would consider. This is just any other bucket with a Mickey graphic slapped on. No thanks.

ToTBellHop

So they can't be bothered to offer another unique bucket to APs. We've seen the Figment and Mickey Halloween as good examples. And they think we'll be excited for this?

It's a no for me. If they had a real Mickey figure peaking over the actual lid of the bucket, for example, that would be something unique and special I would consider. This is just any other bucket with a Mickey graphic slapped on. No thanks.
It could be worth $40k in 10 years once the Passholder program is gone.
1666698817533.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
OMG A POPCORN BUCKET!!!!

said crazy fans who help Disney raise prices
ā€œI simply MUST add this to my collection of 42 other popcorn buckets, 83 Loungefly bags, and 238 Mickey ears! Iā€™ll just have to figure out which of my 5 Disney-themed rooms in my house it will fit in. Maybe Iā€™ll just add on and make a sixth!!ā€ - An example of Bobā€™s favorable guest mix.

JohnD

I'm a member of a FB AP group. APs are already buying it. One AP on the group thought it was $25 with NO popcorn. It's actually $13. Whatever.

Quoting an actual AP: "omg... I'm dying for one! I was there a few days too early (went Saturday). Ugh!"

Didn't they used to give out wine and drink glasses for free before the magnets? Now, to "honor" APs, cough up $25 for your "exclusive" merchandise.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I'm a member of a FB AP group. APs are already buying it. It may have been reported already but this thing sells for $25 with NO popcorn.

Didn't they used to give out wine and drink glasses for free before the magnets? Now, to "honor" APs, cough up $25 for your "exclusive" merchandise.
Iā€™m sure itā€™s moving off the shelvesā€¦.

We (Disney Guests as a whole) canā€™t get out of our own wayā€¦.price increases, reduced service/staffing, money grabs etcā€¦.the ā€œwholeā€keeps on coming for more

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm a member of a FB AP group. APs are already buying it. It may have been reported already but this thing sells for $25 with NO popcorn.

Quoting an actual AP: "omg... I'm dying for one! I was there a few days too early (went Saturday). Ugh!"

Two of my kids went with my mom on a trip several years ago (when they had APs) and got the free AP cutting boards that were being offered if you went to Epcot 4 times. They're small but fairly nice. I think we may have one of the free AP F&W glasses somewhere as well.

But remember - AP's are "unfavorable guests".

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Two of my kids went with my mom on a trip several years ago (when they had APs) and got the free AP cutting boards that were being offered if you went to Epcot 4 times. They're small but fairly nice. I think we may have one of the free AP F&W glasses somewhere as well.

We have both the cutting boards and F&W glasses.

JohnD

I remember now. You had to enter Epcot several times. It was still "free" in the sense that you've already paid for (or are paying monthly for) your pass so you wouldn't be paying for park admission each time. Okay, it took a little work to get your free item. Now they're eliminating the hassle but charging you money to get the popcorn bucket "reserved just for you!"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I remember now. You had to enter Epcot several times. It was still "free" in the sense that you've already paid for (or are paying monthly for) your pass so you wouldn't be paying for park admission each time. Okay, it took a little work to get your free item. Now they're eliminating the hassle but charging you money to get the popcorn bucket "reserved just for you!"

AND!!! It doesn't even come with the $.08 worth of popcorn that would fill the bucket. Gotta pay extra for that.

DCBaker

Premium Member

The buckets are $13.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom