limited no. allowed

10sne1

Original Poster
if i'm understanding everybody correctly your party can only get 1 fastpass every 2hrs right? say a park is open 9-7pm. The most fastpasses allowed for that park would be 5 for the day? Does this make sense?

They didn't have fastpass 4 yrs. ago when i went so this is something new that disney implemented.. it sounds like a good idea rather than wasting your time waiting for your turn to come up!

:D

foxfire

Hmm, I'm not quite sure. I know you have to either wait 2 hours OR use your current ticket...but since you have to wait to use it anyhow, wouldn't it still be 2 hours? Sometimes they'll let you on a few min early, but on my last trip to RnR I was 5 min early and had to go on the stand-by line (10 min). So when I got out I went right back on the FP line.

BradleyJ

For one, you can get another Fastpass at the begining of your return time, as that is the time they assume it is used.

So if your return time is less than 2 hours, then you can get another one before 2 hours are up.

10sne1

Original Poster
i guess if you really loved a ride i would get my fast pass for that ride and than stand in the regular line and you could ride it again in 2 hrs. otherwise get your fastpass for a headliner ride and stand in line for another headliner ride. That takes care of 2 rides with minimal waiting....sounds to good to be true!!!
:D :eek:

BradleyJ

Plus Fastpass, start out with a built in 30 minute return time.

So if people are getting passes at at rate, lower than the assigned Fastpass rate of the ride, then your return time could be as little as 30 minutes away.

Maria

I´m probably wrong, but wasn´t that rule applying to rides in the same area? Let´s say Fantasyland... you can´t get two fastpasses there, but you could get one for Space Mountain and another one for Winnie the Pooh. (I´m not even sure if Winnie the Pooh has fastpass, I´m just giving an example). Is that right? :confused:
;)

Pioneer Hall

no you can't have two fastpasses for different rides at any time, even if they are in the same land. Also, if the distribution isn't going quick enough then the system automatically shuts down, until demand picks up. It is a really smart system.

Disneynutcase

Man-oh-man! Where are you guys getting your info from?

Here's how it works based on experience. The minimum I've ever had for a return time for FAST PASS is 40 minutes after it was issued, meaning I get the Fast Pass at 9:00 but can't come back to ride it until 9:40.

But...at 9:40 or anytime thereafter you can now go to another Fast Pass ride and get a new Fast Pass for that popular ride.

The rule is that you can't get another Fast Pass until the return time for the one you hold in your hot little hand begins.

Now, here's what eventually happens to add to everyone's confusion. As the day drags on, the return times become longer and longer into the day because the machines are programmed to give out passes in an orderly fashion with Return Times going up until just before the park closes.

So let's say at 2:00 you go get a FAST PASS for Splash Mountain, but the return time posted says you can't return to ride until 6:30. First of all, that kind of sucks, but remember you do get to eventually avoid the totally heinous long- line that this great attraction usually gets.

Is it worth it to get this FAST PASS? Yes.

Will you be missing out on opportunities to get other FAST PASSES since the return time for this one isn't until 6:30? Absolutely not.

Why? Because Disney implemented a very merciful rule upon us eager riders. After 2 hours expire from the time your Fast Pass was issued, meaning when you got your Fast Pass--in the case of our Splash Mountain Fast Pass we got it at 2:00--you can go to any other Fast Pass machine in the park--in our example that would be 4:00--to get your next Fast Pass. So you'd end up actually holding two Fast Passes at the same time--even if both end up coincidentally having a 6:30 return time.

So the rules for getting a next Fast Pass when you already have one in hand--you can get the next one until anytime after your current Fast Pass return time begins, or, if your Fast Pass return time is more than two hours away, you can't get your next Fast Pass until after two hours have expired from the time your pass was issued.

Hope that makes sense.

And BTW--it doesn't matter what land the rides are in. The only thing that matters is your return time or the two hours.

Oh yeah, and if you're still confused, then completely read your Fast Pass once it's issued and it will tell you the exact time when it's okay for you to get another one. The info is actually printed at the bottom of the Fast Pass.

Pretty cool, huh?

Disneynutcase

Oh yeah, one more thing based on the original posted question.

The most Fast Passes I've been able to get in one day is seven--from 9:00am to 9:00pm on a moderately crowded day. In fact, I've actually done seven twice, and both times were with long stretches of time when we didn't go for any Fast Passes and instead rode non-Fast Pass attractions, watched parades or shows, and/or ate at a full-service eatery.

Remember that it all depends on the return time you get. If your return time is 45 minutes away, then you can grab another one 45 minutes later, and so on.

If you end up going on a day where you have to wait two hours to get your next Fast Pass each and every time, then you are there on a hellaciously crowded day. And if that were to happend, I'd use Fast Pass at every chance I could get.

Tramp

You can get a ANOTHER fastpass at the 'return' time of your current ticket or two hours later, whichever comes first....

(I know that's what Disneynutcase said but I wanted to see if I can say it in one sentence):lol:

Davis224

The transportation system is great. Look how many people they have to move, how many places they have to go. How many other bus companies they have to deal with from different hotel strings like the main gate buses.
Disney transportation is awesome.
Especially when you compare it to some of the other ways of getting around the property.
Hats off to the bus drivers

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Davis224
The transportation system is great. Look how many people they have to move, how many places they have to go. How many other bus companies they have to deal with from different hotel strings like the main gate buses.
Disney transportation is awesome.
Especially when you compare it to some of the other ways of getting around the property.
Hats off to the bus drivers

But we are talking about Fastpass...

10sne1

Original Poster
thanks for everything....
i finally understand how fastpasses work! I pretty much understood it but i thought you could only get another one every 2 hrs, but as you mentioned it depends on supply/demand in the park for that particular day.... so on a slow day they might not even be running the passes... it's nice that they have it printed on the bottom when you can get your next one too for dummies like me!!!
:) :D :lol:

Tramp

Originally posted by Davis224
Yeah, i hit the wrong button and posted on the wrong thread...
ha ha. . . .uuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh :( :(

sorry :veryconfu

Just so you know, if you go to the "edit" button at the bottom of your post and click it, you'll be taken to a screen where you can edit your message OR, as in your case, you can delete the entire message from the thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom