Limited Edition Trader Sams Mug Coming October 5

raven

Wish they made a rule that in order to buy the mug you must have a reservation there (actually experiencing the bar and not just popping in to get a mug). This would make it a little more fair and not cause a huge crowd of people around the door that aren't even planning to go in.

Went there last fall on the day they released the HM mug and couldn't even get down the hallway to get into the bar. We weren't there for the mug but just wanted to experience the place with new friends.

trampdog

Original Poster
200 a day until 2500 are sold. Here's a hint. If you smile and ask the cm nicely, they'll give you a wristband even after the 200. They hate these things. They are considered a huge PITA which doesn't add anything to their tips. Sold mine from last year on ebay for $120. That bought quite a few drinks for this year's trip :). Made in China and not very well I might add. Now, if they were available before I go home (yes, here now), I'd line up to make another $90 profit. Worth my 15 minutes, considering buses leave every 20 minutes LOL.

JustInTime

200 a day until 2500 are sold. Here's a hint. If you smile and ask the cm nicely, they'll give you a wristband even after the 200. They hate these things. They are considered a huge PITA which doesn't add anything to their tips. Sold mine from last year on ebay for $120. That bought quite a few drinks for this year's trip :). Made in China and not very well I might add. Now, if they were available before I go home (yes, here now), I'd line up to make another $90 profit. Worth my 15 minutes, considering buses leave every 20 minutes LOL.
If you have a party of 6 or more it actually automatically adds 18% on WITH the cost of the mug. So if everyone is buying a mug the servers are getting an extra couple of bucks on larger parties and on people who actually tip 20%. If people weren’t buying the mugs, the bill would be lower and so would the tip. The employees Sunday seemed excited about it when I asked. Also. I have the blue WDW version and it’s very, very well made. It is made by the same company that makes all the other mugs. :)

trampdog

Original Poster
If you have a party of 6 or more it actually automatically adds 18% on WITH the cost of the mug. So if everyone is buying a mug the servers are getting an extra couple of bucks on larger parties and on people who actually tip 20%. If people weren’t buying the mugs, the bill would be lower and so would the tip. The employees Sunday seemed excited about it when I asked. Also. I have the blue WDW version and it’s very, very well made. It is made by the same company that makes all the other mugs. :)

I’m not going to get into a ing match. I was there Sunday well. I was there between 4 o’clock and 6 o’clock. In fact, I think you might have come up to the bar and asked that question of the server I was sitting on one of the stools and I believe you came up to the area on the right side of the bar and ask about color pointing at the mugs that were sitting on the bar with straws. I believe your idea of a happy CM and unhappy CM are completely different than me after you left I spoke with her adnauseum and she informed me that it was the most unhappiest time of her life when these months will be given away. They tried to give as many away in a day as they possibly can to shorten the span of how long they have to deal with this. And they are made in China and the chip rather easy.

JustInTime

I’m not going to get into a ****ing match. I was there Sunday well. I was there between 4 o’clock and 6 o’clock. In fact, I think you might have come up to the bar and asked that question of the server I was sitting on one of the stools and I believe you came up to the area on the right side of the bar and ask about color pointing at the mugs that were sitting on the bar with straws. I believe your idea of a happy CM and unhappy CM are completely different than me after you left I spoke with her adnauseum and she informed me that it was the most unhappiest time of her life when these months will be given away. They tried to give as many away in a day as they possibly can to shorten the span of how long they have to deal with this. And they are made in China and the chip rather easy.

I came up and I introduced myself to a male sever who is my friend on Facebook. I can’t remember the other situation about color. My actual server was pretty terrible/miserable. The others were just different. I talked at length to the guy at the door due to his enthusiasm over the new mugs. I guess it just depends on who you talk to and what their perspective is. And yes, they come from China like 90% of Disney souvenirs. Haha. Anyway, small world. Hope you had a nice time. I love Trader Sam’s. It’s one of my top 5 experiences at Disney World!

Otterhead

They hate these things. They are considered a huge PITA which doesn't add anything to their tips.

I would have to agree with this assessment. When the Haunted Mansion mugs were out last year, even asking the CM at the door about them got a weary response. We asked one server if there were any left and he went from being chipper and chummy to bitter immediately, and muttered something about guests buying them just to sell on eBay and not even coming in to the restaurant. They end up with a huge line at the door every day of eBay prospectors that drives away paying customers.

trampdog

Original Poster
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I walked a few too many hippos along with a few too many pleasing of the Tiki Gods.

Anyway, so the 'A' cast was serving on 10/5 as opposed to the 'B' cast who was there earlier the following week when I asked about the mugs. Seems I got a different story from each. According to the 'A' cast, last years mugs were a one-time deal for some anniversary celebration (can't remember - too many hippos). 'B' cast was speaking about edition 2.0 of most mugs now out.

JustInTime

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I walked a few too many hippos along with a few too many pleasing of the Tiki Gods.

Anyway, so the 'A' cast was serving on 10/5 as opposed to the 'B' cast who was there earlier the following week when I asked about the mugs. Seems I got a different story from each. According to the 'A' cast, last years mugs were a one-time deal for some anniversary celebration (can't remember - too many hippos). 'B' cast was speaking about edition 2.0 of most mugs now out.
Well, Disney Parks confirmed version two. So I might be interested in what the bus drivers think. Lol. Also, WDW Has only had one edition of all the mugs so far. Your post is kind of confusing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom