Limited Edition Trader Sams Mug Coming October 5

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Will this be the one they have at Disneyland? I just picked one up from their Trader Sam's. Its a really nice ceramic Tiki cup. I really dig it.

dreamfinder

Expect to line up hours before opening to chance getting one. If it's the same HHG mug hopefully this will bring down the prices on eBay a bit.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Welp, if I wanted to get into Trader Sams on my upcoming short trip, it seems getting in before the 5th is required, because after it'll be a pain.

Brad Bishop

Expect to line up hours before opening to chance getting one. If it's the same HHG mug hopefully this will bring down the prices on eBay a bit.

Is it really that bad? I looked and thought it'd be cool to get a mug and I'd be there about a week after so it lines up nicely but if there's an hour wait for the place to open then nuts to that.

dreamfinder

How is that different from any other day at Trader Sam's?

The day we were there last year the CMs told me people lined up 3-4 hours before opening to get the mugs. I got there about 60 mins before open, and missed being able to get a mug by about 20 people. Normal day I think we put our name on the list 30 mins before open and were the 3 party to get seated once they did open.

Is it really that bad? I looked and thought it'd be cool to get a mug and I'd be there about a week after so it lines up nicely but if there's an hour wait for the place to open then nuts to that.

You can probably get a seat on the patio (which can be a pretty chill place to be if its a nice day and they have a musician playing) no problems. They will serve you the full menu, except for the LE mug, so you could get other mugs if you wanted. If you will be in the area, can't hurt to swing by. You might luck out and hit a day with short/no wait and get the HHG mug, otherwise you could get one of the other mugs and still have a good time.

dreamfinder

I'd expect it to just be new colorways of the old mug. You can see them from last year on Trader Sams Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/tradersams/ blue for WDW and grey/white for DLR.

Quoting from the DPB here https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lt-disney-world-resort-and-disneyland-resort/ it should just be a new edition. So most likely different colors, maybe tweak in size or bottom stamp, but that is a fairly detailed mug which isn't cheap to design.

Hitchhiking Ghost Tiki Mug (2nd Edition)
  • Disneyland Hotel, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar

The one that @TJ Vazquez posted is a normal year round mug. It was a new version of the mug, but it's open edition and not a Halloween mug.

If it's like last year, and 200 a day, should last for about 12 days (supposedly 2,500 mugs per last year).

MacRtst

It still won't be as great as my Nautilus mug...

Nothing Will Ever Beat the Nautilus...

When we visited TS at WDW in Sept, the bartender told us they would be getting new versions of drinkware soon. Not sure if this is true or not. We currently have all the ones we want. (making future trips a little cheaper) But, if they get a new set...we might have to start all over again. I am hoping for some type octopus/kracken to go along with the Nauti.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nope, not selling ever. Plus, do you know how much that thing holds? It did come with two straws, and no I didn't share. :)
I have one on my shelf of dishonor, right next to my Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Hut Mahaloween Shrunken Zombie head...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom