Lilo & Stitch-Worst movie ever made?

Walter

Original Poster
Lilo & Stitch-Is the movie still likeable?

I realise that there are a lot of people here who like Stitch, but I, personally, was not a huge fan of the movie, anyway, in the first place. Now that it's the reason for ruining AE, it's even worse! When a movie is bad, you forget about it. When it influences something bad, then it just stays there forever. I wish that it had never been made.

Fido

I liked the movie, and I think they might do a decent job with the update. I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach, since I have no other choice anyway.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fido
I liked the movie, and I think they might do a decent job with the update. I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach, since I have no other choice anyway.

I agree with you completely. The update is over a year away from opening and I'm already sick of all the people whining and moaning.

It's an 8-year-old theme park attraction, people. It's not something to get worked up about. It being changed is not a valid reason to call Lilo and Stitch the worst movie ever made.

mr snrub

i dont know. I think Lilo and Stitch had a much much more coherent story than alien encounter.

and so by your reasoning, aladdin and the lion king are thre worst movies ever becuase they changed the tiki room using those characters

General Grizz

Lilo and Stitch was, to me, the best Disney animated film probably since The Lion King. Still, it's not as grand as Beauty and the Beast (in more modern terms). But I REALLY love the film.

Still, I hate the character invasion. :mad:

Walter

Original Poster
Originally posted by mr snrub
i dont know. I think Lilo and Stitch had a much much more coherent story than alien encounter.

and so by your reasoning, aladdin and the lion king are thre worst movies ever becuase they changed the tiki room using those characters

I never even thought about it that way.

I was over reacting. Lilo & Stitch is definately not the worst movie ever made. Though it will definately take away much of the credibility of the movie. People who liked the movie, but not the attraction, probably will not like the movie as much.

RU42

What I worry about it the cheapening of rides for the sake of character/merchandise sales.

I have no problem with 'character intrusion' IF IT MAKES SENSE. Just doing it to sell a buck is what really gets me.

Tiki is a great example. I like the new show but it definitely comes in 2nd when I compare it to the old show. Maybe it needed something new...but were Iago and Zazu the best choices instead of going to the drawing board and making something totally new.

CBJ is an example of a ride that has changed over the years without resorting to cheapening the show (like having Pooh come into the show or having Eeyore singing 'blood on the saddle.'

(Yes, that is an ironic comparison since Pooh did overtake the CBJ here in Anaheim.)

RU

hadesrules

I think that Lilo & Stitch was a very creative and extremely well made movie. The style of the animation is a little different than mainstream animation, but I think that it adds to the appeal. And the story is well told. I would like to see a Stitch-themed attraction at MK. I enjoy Alien Encounter a lot, but I don't think I'll boycott the park because they take it out!

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Lilo and Stitch

My Wife and I are big fans of Lilo and Stitch. It was a very well done movie, from every aspect. In addition, having both been former cast members with TDS, I can tell you that the merchandise was heavily marketed at our level. But when we went to WDW of this year, you couldn't find that much merchandise at all.

As for the changes being made at AE, it's a matter of todays' culture. Most kids/teen-agers are into the "monster movies of today." Blood and guts type things. I really beleive that's whe AE, in it's current version, appealed to that crowd. But if you look back at Disney history, when changes have been made, they have made positive moves. (for the most part). I was a BIG fan of "If You Had Wings, presented by Eastern Airlines. But I'm not the only person who travels to WDW so they don't cater to just me, or to my generation.

Let's not pass judgement just yet. And remember that WDW is a place for the young, and the young at heart. I for one, don't want to see a move towards "blood and guts" type attractions, just because that's what Hollywood produces for todays 18-24 crowd.

Walter

Original Poster
Originally posted by hadesrules
I enjoy Alien Encounter a lot, but I don't think I'll boycott the park because they take it out!

Oh, no. Of course not, I'm just very unhappy about the unneeded rehab of what I consider a classic, just for a quick buck.

Walter

Original Poster
Re: Lilo and Stitch

Originally posted by HennieBogan1966
Let's not pass judgement just yet. And remember that WDW is a place for the young, and the young at heart. I for one, don't want to see a move towards "blood and guts" type attractions, just because that's what Hollywood produces for todays 18-24 crowd.

Believe me, I don't want to see that happen, neither. Unfortunately, that's the choices that Disney has been making lately, appeal to teens. I just think that AE was a good escape for teens who aren't into the many kid attractions at MK, and, with the loss of AE, then there's almost nothing for that crowd.

3rdShiftCM

Re: Re: Lilo and Stitch

Originally posted by Walter
Believe me, I don't want to see that happen, neither. Unfortunately, that's the choices that Disney has been making lately, appeal to teens. I just think that AE was a good escape for teens who aren't into the many kid attractions at MK, and, with the loss of AE, then there's almost nothing for that crowd.

AE is a great attraction and I love it, but the fact that it scares the hell out of kids gives them enough reason to change the ride.

You still have Space, Splash and BTM and when your sick of those hop the Monorail and head over to Epcot for Test Track and Mission Space

:D

Re: Re: Lilo and Stitch

Originally posted by Walter
I totally agree! The teen/thrill loving crowd needs whatever it can get. The older groups pay more than the little kiddies, but the little ones get way more rides. Sorry if I sound like a typical life hating teen but, I WANT MY RIDES!!!:goodnevil

epcotfan

This is my least favorite Disney movie. I detest Stitch. :fork:
What pixelates my panties is that Disney keeps dumbing down rides for kids. I thought the MK was a park that had something for every age group. Seems like these days they keep changing things to accomodate only small children. First Snow White, now this. :hurl:

meeko_33785

I liked Lilo and Stitch and am happy to see the rehab. I agree that it is good to have attractions that feature original park characters (Figment, Haunted Mansion, CoP, etc.), but IMO, the characters and plot of AE is just not as quality as the plot of the others mentioned or Lilo and Stitch. It really lacked something. It wasn't thrilling enough for most adults, much too scarry for children, much to sadistic for the average park goers and a change was needed. Sticth is fun, but edgy so I think that he would be a good choice to "fix" the show.

Becky

Originally posted by mr snrub
and I WANT MY MTV!

And I want my Hawaiian Rollarcoaster Ride:D

I'll watch MTV when it gets dark out.:)

Lilo and Stitch and Finding Nemo are helping to keep Disney afloat:cool: Hum, a lot of people must love them and they can't all be little kids:animwink: I loved them both and I am far from being a kid:D

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by MrNonacho
I agree with you completely. The update is over a year away from opening and I'm already sick of all the people whining and moaning.

I agree! :lol:

Just imagine what are they gonna do when Disney announces they're changing the Peter Pan ride to a Treasure Planet ride?!?!?!?!?

:lookaroun

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Just imagine what are they gonna do when Disney announces they're changing the Peter Pan ride to a Treasure Planet ride?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• calvin.jpg
    calvin.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 101

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom