Lilo & Stitch Flaw

woody89

Original Poster
I recently went to see this movie with my mother (it was really good for all of those people out there who havent seen it yet). Being people who once lived there, we immeditally noticed a big flaw. THERE ARE NO SEASHELLS IN HAWAII. Because there is no continental shelf for them to live on (Hawaii is made up of volcanic islands) and there is no way to get there for crestations. Even because of the BIG!!! flaw, Lilo And Stitch was still very good.

JLW11Hi

Usually I would think that it would be easy to make a mistake like that, but with the way people do things at Disney Animation, I am surprised that they missed that!

Does anyone know if they had a team go on location in Hawaii for the movie? They usually do that sort of thing.

MattsCath

Authenticity

That is a very interesting point. I wonder if they had an Hawaiian consultants during the making...

I had to wonder just how authentic a story set in Hawaii would be... I had a co-worker that thought that the animation of the Islanders was derogatory. It made me start to think if it was in fact inflammatory, or are people just waay too sensitive these days. Afterall, lest we forget this is a cartoon!

Thank you for the informative post!

WDWspider

Well, why would the Aliens be using a Viewmaster? Unless it's like MiB and that's one of the things that the Aliens introduced into our culture.

Erika

Originally posted by woody89
I recently went to see this movie with my mother (it was really good for all of those people out there who havent seen it yet). Being people who once lived there, we immeditally noticed a big flaw. THERE ARE NO SEASHELLS IN HAWAII. Because there is no continental shelf for them to live on (Hawaii is made up of volcanic islands) and there is no way to get there for crestations. Even because of the BIG!!! flaw, Lilo And Stitch was still very good.

I never knew that! A few people over the years have brought me shell jewelry back from Hawaii. I guess it was imported! :lol:
I've been duped!

Originally posted by james4023464
Does anyone remember Pocahontus, there were know waterfalls in Jamestown, Disney was very wrong on that movie.

I believe the correct word is *NO*. ;)
Anyway, I doubt anybody cares for the fact that there are shells on the island. But good job noticing.

tenchu

Talking of errors in films, In beauty and the beast, belle's door swings the wrong way when she kicks gaston out. Just noticed that yesterday.

mickey04

Personally, I don't care that much about the flaw. LILO & STICH surpassed my expectations. I loved it. I think it may be the best Disney movie since the LION KING.

NowInc

From my 6 animation analysis classes that I took..I can tell you that there is no such thing as a "flawless" cartoon..weather or not the mistakes are INTENTIONAL...thats the question.

For example..as mentioned abouve..in BatB...where the door swings the wrong way.....would the scene really WORK if the door swung out the right way? Probobly not....

The seashells.....you do sorta see them in hawaii...if they are REAL or imported..thats a different story..but as also said above..its more ARTISTIC..and thus appealing....

woody89

Original Poster
thanks for all of the great replys and great points. I never noticed that Bells door swung the wrong way either:wave:

Attachments

• lilo and stitch bigwheel.jpg
    lilo and stitch bigwheel.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 73

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom