Trip Report Like we never left.

It's always been a dream of mine to visit Walt Disney World during the holidays, having only done it once before, a long time ago. But we've always stuck to what we know and love. However, with Nemo growing up so quickly and about to start school next year, we decided to just go for it. It had only been a mere six months since we made our inaugural voyage to Walt Disney World as a Party of 4, but who says no to a bonus Disney vacation? Not us!

Who: Me, Husband J, Nemo (4yo son), and Boo (2yo daughter)

What: Christmas at Walt Disney World

When: November 12th - November 19th

Where: Pop Century Resort

Why: Because we want to embrace this time in our lives. Right now, the kids are absorbing the magic, yet they also are growing so fast. I don't want to miss a thing. Oh, and Christmas decorations.

I hardly have time to be on the boards anymore, but I did find myself rereading my past trip reports every once in a while and getting completely engulfed in all the memories and feelings. So that's why I'm writing this. Whether the quality is decent or not, it will at least give me something to look back on and share with my kids one day so they can see how much we did and how loved they are. Would love to have anyone who wants to join in follow along! So here we go...

We arrived at Pop Century around 11am relatively unscathed after traveling with two toddlers via "car, plane, train, and bus" as Nemo liked to say. Boo fell asleep on me on the bus ride over, and remained asleep in the stroller as entered the lobby. Immediately as the automatic doors opened, I was hit in the face with that sweet Disney lobby smell and found myself breathing it in euphorically. It was followed by the lights, the sounds of chatter, and the excitement of rolling our humongous double stroller towards this now iconic sign for our family:
DSC03295 - Copy.JPG

Our room was not ready, but I went to the desk to reiterate our requests (Ground Floor, crib) and the CM offered to look for a ready room right then and there. That would be a huge help to us, so I gratefully accepted, and we were given a room in the 90's. With that secured, we went to lunch right away.
As I was waiting at the Mobile Order counter for our order, I looked up at all the funky circular lights and couldn't stop smiling. We were here. J salivated over his POP'ing Pimento Burger, and lost a good chunk of his fries to the kids. I didn't want anything heavy after all the travel, so I just got a Greek Salad with Chicken and gave the kids all the cucumbers and chicken. I myself ate a lot of feta cheese and olives, yum. (As always, my pictures are not that great, but you get the idea). We sat in front of the TV and the kids watched Disney music videos while we unwound.
DSC03304.JPG

After lunch, we set out to find our room. We obviously got our room circled on a map, but I didn't register that our room was literally in the farthest building possible. Probably the 4th farthest room in the entire resort, to be exact. Luckily for us, we are pretty much a leave-and-return one-time-a-day type of family. It also gave us the opportunity to walk past all the different landmarks on that side of Pop Century. The kids particularly loved the Mickey phone, foosball field, and Big Wheel.
IMG_4776 - Copy.JPG

We finally reached our room and it was like an explosion of excitement. Kids were itching to jump out of the stroller and jump on the beds. This equaled no pristine room picture. We got them settled in front of the TV while we unpacked. My OCD self loves organizing all our outfits by day and displaying all our snacks on the shelves/in the fridge. Then we popped the kids back in the stroller and presented them with their very own pairs of sunglasses (very exciting stuff) and we were off on our first adventure.
Capture.PNG

Good thing Skyliner cabins are often private, because the kids love to scream as we take off. Nothing gets them going like the Skyliner does. They run into the cabins and immediately climb on the benches, go "ahhhh", and turn around and yell "don't crash into us!" when another cabin comes into the station after us. Our first destination was Riviera. Nemo talked endlessly about 'playing chess', which we did. Also bocce ball and Connect 4. We ventured inside briefly to enjoy some of the artwork, but we were drawn back to the outside. It was a beautiful day. 80 degrees, sunny, and breezy. Just a few days after Hurricane Nicole, which we certainly weren't expecting to have to follow. We felt very grateful.
DSC03331 - Copy.JPG

I grabbed two cups and spoons from Primo Piatto for some sand play, and we moseyed over to Caribbean Beach. Nemo basically belly flopped onto the sand and dug in right away. He filled his cup to the top, packed it in, and turned it upside down to find that he created a sandcastle. He was beaming with pride. Boo elected to sit on the sidewalk and reach into the sand from there, not wanting to get any on her. We have such a boy and such a girl on our hands.
IMG_4813 - Copy.JPG

We walked to the pineapple fountain, where Nemo discovered his favorite phrase of the trip: "It's-a-pine-apple" in a robotic tone. He also discovered that he love gift shops. Everywhere we went, he would ask if there was a shop and wanted to buy things. Not even toys, just things like the bagged popcorn. We peeked into the Caribbean lobby briefly before visiting the playground and cannons for a bit. Our original plan was to walk back to Riviera to eat an early dinner at Primo Piatto, but it was a little too early, even for us. We didn't feel like sticking around, so we took the long walk to the Caribbean Skyliner station. We enjoyed the empty pathways and colorful buildings along the way.
DSC03447 - Copy.JPG

We got off Skyliner and went to Art of Animation for a plethora of activities, starting with the Righteous Reef playground. The theming of this resort is just so perfect. I love larger than life Disney, and it's done so well here. Especially the Cars section. The road, the desert-like foliage, and all the characters for the kids to walk right up to and interact with. This sign now hangs in Nemo's room. When he saw it, the biggest smile appeared on his face. As we walked down the street toward the Wheel Well, there were more smiles because "LIGHTNING MCQUEEN, HE'S BACK!!!" He had been under the blanket the last time we visited.
DSC03460 - Copy.JPG

We visited the Lion King and Little Mermaid sections before settling down to eat outside with a view of the Nemo seagulls. Landscape of Flavors always delivers. J got the Tandoori Chicken and I got the Braised Beef. It was A LOT of food - plenty enough for me to share with the kids. I also got them the kid's Macaroni and Cheese, and realized that I created a monster because they would ask for mac and cheese for every single meal after this.
DSC03506.JPG

For good behavior, we promised to go to Ink and Paint after dinner and buy a souvenir. You know, a half day in. But hey, it brought them so much joy. Nemo chose a pack of three Toy Story cars: Woody, Buzz, and Aliens. He brought it to the cashier himself and placed it on the counter. These cars became his best friends this trip. He wanted them everywhere with him, accompanying him to breakfast (in bed), watching TV, and the bathroom. While wearing his Woody pajamas, he said, "Hey, you're wearing me! Said Woody."

We trekked back to our room, passing by Baloo and Mowgli. Boo asked, "Where's his clothes?" We walked by Goofy and his red convertible. Of course, we had to stop so Nemo could examine the car. We admired the 90's computer which really did bring me back. Those icons!
IMG_4865 - Copy.JPG

Finally back in our room, we did bathtime and then it was time for bedtime stories on TV, a common topic at home. "When we go to Disney, we can sit on the bed and eat snacks and watch bedtime, stories!" They know the drill. When it was time for bed, Boo started snoring comfortably on her daddy right away. Nemo lay awake a little longer, pretending to snore, and mumbling "I wonder what's for breakfast" a la Pooh in Pooh's Grand Adventure.

When all was calm, I asked J how he felt. He said, "It feels like we never left." We were settled in, and ready for a week for magic spent with our little family.

belledream

Original Poster
After watching the monorail go by many times from our lunch spot, Nemo started chirping about riding the monorail around Epcot again. That sounded like a plan to me! But first, we would get a ride in on Spaceship Earth before heading out. Boo held my hand and talked the entire time. "What's that? Why's he doing that? Why are we going backwards?"
Capture5.PNG

It was time for our monorail joyride, and that word could not be more fitting. Nemo's eyes were sparkling at the sight of the monorail approaching. The two of them peered out the window the whole time as we passed Swan and Dolphin and the Magic Kingdom sign and everything in between. Seeing trucks on the highway while sitting on the monorail is like Nemo's ultimate dream come true. Then, as we returned to Epcot and passed Spaceship Earth to see all the construction, Boo called out, "Dig Siiiite!" It was hilarious. And she's not that far off.
Capture.PNG

We had intentions of sticking around until the end of the night to watch HarmoniUs at 9pm, and now that would definitely seem like the case, because I somehow scored LLs for Ratatouille at 8pm. It wasn't on our need-to-have list, but definitely on the nice-to-have, so we felt lucky! It was about 1pm when we arrived back in Epcot. The day was still way young, and wandering about World Showcase with nothing to do and everything to see sounded divine. Mexico was beautiful! The line for Gran Fiesta Tour was a little longer than it was worth for us, so we decided we'd try again later. We spent the time enjoying the best atmosphere in World Showcase. Oh, and also prevent our kids from breaking all the fragile merchandise. Seriously, it's a dangerous game in there.
IMG_5799.JPG
We passed Norway since we were there this morning, and Boo enjoyed walking around wearing rice paddy hats in China. We obviously spent the majority of our time in Germany watching the trains. Nemo was seriously obsessed. He stood above the tunnel and said, "Woahhh!" as the train went beneath him. Then he started rallying everyone in the vicinity to come join in on the fun. "Everybody! Come to the other side!"
Capture3.PNG
Meanwhile, J was keeping an eye on the Guardians of the Galaxy Virtual Queue. He had joined a good few minutes after our Genie+ booking this morning and had gotten Group 112. He was expecting it to be a lot later in the day, but it was being called now. He was open to the idea of riding, but if the timing wasn't right, he wasn't pressed. Well, the timing wasn't not right, and after a little back and forth, I convinced him it would be fine to backtrack to Future World together. He could ride and I could take the kids to the nearby playground that they were eyeing earlier. As we walked past the Refreshment Outpost, I decided to grab a Pineapple Dole Whip in a Cone for a little pick-me-up. We all loved it. It was not creamy like the ones you get at Aloha Isle. It was just perfectly sweet and juicy. The kids went gaga over it and there was lots of 'mmm-ing' and lip licking. I told J to go ahead to get things moving quicker, and the kids and I finished up the Dole Whip and meandered slowly. We had just passed the giant Christmas tree when I noticed Boo had fallen asleep. I felt like I won the lottery. Only one kid for Mom to watch on the playground and a nap for the baby who probably really needed it. I parked the stroller and watched Nemo do the arm bicycle thing on the playground. He told me, “I’m exercising. I’m getting strong.” Meanwhile, J was sending me pictures of things I did not understand from Guardians.
IMG_5240.JPG

After about an hour, J texted asking where we were, and we were obviously still at the playground. We wanted to eat dinner in Japan, but of course, that was as far as could be and I was worried that there may be a line to order and the kids would be too hungry by then. So I grabbed them Traditional Macaroni & Cheese and the Mac & Eats Food & Wine booth. We sat on the curb and I fed Nemo half, and when Boo finally awoke, she ate the other half. Then we could take our time and stroll towards Japan, Canada side this time. Katsura Grill was calling us, and we sat in our favorite spot in the bamboo forest and let the kids watch Youtube on the phone and supplemented their meal with the kid's Chicken Teriyaki meal. J ate the Chicken Cutlet Curry and I had the Shrimp Tempura Udon, and it was peaceful and (relatively) quiet. I didn't take pictures of our food because I stuffed my face immediately. We spent a long time after dinner hanging out by the Koi fish pond. The sun was setting fast and it was jacket time. It was also light up toy time. We had forgotten to bring it on our Magic Kingdom night, so this was the first opportunity, and they were very excited to see their spinning light up toys. Nemo saw the Friendship Boat traversing Showcase Lagoon and said, "Hey, why don't we ride one?" I actually really love that idea, Nemo! We waited at the dock and he was very excited to see a new water wheel. "Want to take a picture of me and the water wheel?" You know it, bud.
Capture4.PNG

We sat in the front to watch the skipper and get some good views.
Capture5.PNG

This. This is the view. Tree sparkling, World Showcase music playing, Spaceship Earth dancing in the background. And no one around us. One of my favorite moments of the trip.
DSC04189 - Copy.JPG

We headed towards Imagination Pavilion to see the fountains at night. Nemo was very excited to see the upside down fountain glowing. Boo wanted me to hold her and stand up close to the big jumping fountain, so that's what we did. Fountains have always been my favorite. I'm so glad my kids appreciate them too. They also went up to the circular fountain and Nemo set a bad example for Boo by placing his hand over it so the jumping water would hit his hand. She followed suit and they were both laughing hysterically. I asked them if they wanted to ride Figment. No answers. Then I said, "Upside down house" and they were like, "Ok!" Nemo got the giggles on this ride.
IMG_5245 - Copy.JPG

We were really making the grand tour of Epcot tonight. We walked closer to Spaceship Earth and it was magical. The music really struck me this time. We walked right under and did our traditional kids-sit-on-J's-shoulders and reach as high as they can picture and the smiles are going to be framed forever.
Capture7.PNG

I couldn’t stop staring and as we walked away. I kept looking back until I couldn't see it any more.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
We walked back to World Showcase. Back to Mexico, where we walked on to Gran Fiesta Tour. They were both dying to do it and kept talking about Donald, Panchito, and Jose. Boo had laughing fit watching the cartoon parts. Big belly laughs. Then we placed them in the stroller and just wandered World Showcase at night. I hung onto J's arm and sighed because I was just so happy.
DSC04198 - Copy.JPG

We stopped for a Mickey Pretzel at The American Adventure, with a view of another lovely Christmas tree. Then it was finally time for our ride on Remy's Ratatouille Adventure.
IMG_5897 - Copy.JPG

So much excitement. France at night, Skyliner in the dark, Eiffel Tower, and fountain!
IMG_5901 - Copy.JPG

Boo was happy to wear the glasses, finally, and we had a great time. It was more fun than I remembered. I absolutely adored cruising through the storeroom with all the food. So glad we were able to squeeze this ride in. We came out and they enjoyed sitting on the motorcycles for a little bit. It was a little after 8pm and less than an hour til HarmoniUs. However, it was getting really cold and the kids seemed really tuckered out. I let Nemo decide. Fireworks or go home? He chose Skyliner, of course. I felt really good about the decision. I was cold.

And guess what? We still saw fireworks. Magic Kingdom was shooting off fireworks and we got to watch it from Skyliner! We also saw some pyro from Hollywood Studios too. Fantasmic! It was very exciting. And to top it all off, Spaceship Earth was still dancing away and we told the kids, "Can you believe we were just standing under there?" Today was fulfilling, fun, magical, and one of those days I’ll always remember. Epcot always delivers.

belledream

Original Poster
With four days of park fun in the books, today called for a rest day. By rest, I mean resort hopping, yay! I slept til 7am today, double yay! The rest of my party slowly awoke and we enjoyed our 'forest view' as we ate breakfast.
IMG_5916.JPG

We knew it was coming, but we still weren't exactly prepared for it. The Great Coldfront of WDW November 2022. It was barely 60 degrees and not expected to get much higher. I was aware of this as I packed for this trip, but I made the mistake of following J's take: "It won't feel cold because Florida is humid." So I packed pants and leggings for me and the kids, and omitted J's big, bulky sweatpants from our overflowing suitcase. He said he'd be fine. He was wrong. About the humidity and being fine. It was soooo cold. But, as we always do, we went for it. We walked right onto a Magic Kingdom bus around 8:30 and it was pretty empty. We had the whole back row to ourselves and the kids enjoyed looking out the window. J pointed out the water bridge that we went under and they thought that was the coolest thing. Once at Magic Kingdom, we walked to the boat launch and were on our way.
IMG_5927.JPG

Now were were going over the water bridge.
Capture.PNG

Our first stop: Wilderness Lodge!
IMG_5932.JPG

We hung out by Copper Creek Falls and watched the water flow under the bridge.
Capture2.PNG

We ran inside for warmth and were disappointed to find we were too early to see the Christmas decorations, but had a blast nonetheless. The kids liked pretending to be part of the totem pole.
IMG_5938 - Copy.JPG

But the main attraction was the geyser. They spent so much time staring at this thing from multiple angles and running over the bridge. I showed them how it let outside all the way to the waterfall we were just at earlier. Wilderness Lodge really is cool. There is such a peace about it.
IMG_5945 - Copy.JPG

We went back outside to watch the Fire Rock Geyser erupt, and with that, we hopped back onto another boat. This time, we got one of the small water taxis that do not have indoor seating, so it was a tad chilly out there on the water. Back at Magic Kingdom, we boarded the monorail and were off to Contemporary Resort.
Capture3.PNG

We walked through the Fantasia store and were surprised to see this gingerbread display.
IMG_5959.JPG

Of course, Nemo was more impressed by the monorail one. I had to say, "Don't touch that" a lot.
IMG_5955.JPG

He was also thoroughly entertained by the monorails swooshing in and out of the building the entire time. He shouted out the colors and we eventually boarded "Monorail Silver!" to our next stop on this hoppy day.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
I remember hearing the melodious sounds of the waterfall below as we exited the monorail. And then, upon entering the Polynesian lobby, the sweet smell filled me with delight. We popped into Moana Mercantile. If you can't tell, the kids were sensing that it was about time for another souvenir. We didn't find any here, but Nemo did spot a Hidden Mickey.
IMG_5978.JPG

We went to the first floor of the lobby and got some leis, and they got all ticklish as I placed them around their necks. Nemo liked the "tiki guy".
DSC04241 - Copy.JPG

Lunch was an exact replica of last time, because it was that good. Aloha Pork Sandwich, Thai Coconut Meatballs, and Pan-Asian Noodles and Vegetables (and Chicken). We all shared, we dug in, everything was so good. Last time, we sat outside by the pool and enjoy the water and breeze, but today, we were huddled inside and every time the door opened, we shuddered. It was that cold. But we enjoyed a warm, tasty lunch together. And it was right back to shopping after that. In BouTiki, Boo pulled out a dress and said, "Isn't this so pretty?" Oh, my darling daughter, we are going to have so much fun together.

I would've loved to go outside for some strolling of the grounds and beach, but that was just not going to happen. So it was on to Grand Floridian. Upon approach, my eyes just exploded with happiness at the sight of those buildings. This resort always takes my breath away.
Capture.PNG
I ogled at all the ornate details in the lobby, and then, the gingerbread house! We had to go see it up close. The elevator was an unexpected highlight.
IMG_5991.JPG

It was so pretty! We scoped out the little details and of course, Nemo found the one train on display. I got a great picture of the kids in front of this by holding up a piece of chocolate.
IMG_5993.JPG

Speaking of chocolate, we got the admire this chocolate sculpture as well.
IMG_6001 - Copy.JPG

We made our way to M. Mouse Mercantile where the top toy was a Mickey light up fan toy. Nemo literally sat in the window and watched it spin for who knows how long. I took Boo to the bathroom and we got a glimpse of the Enchanted Rose Lounge along the way. On the way back, we saw a Photopass photographer taking pictures with Cinderella's glass slipper on a pillow. I decided to hop in line with Boo and texted J to see if they wanted to join. Everyone wanted a chance to see the glass slipper. When it was our turn, they both ran to sit down. The CM handed them the pillow with the slipper and instead of posing nicely, they both tried so hard to take the slipper off the pillow. So we got a lot of those pictures... but we did end up with a few nice ones in between all the tugging. We went back to M. Mouse Mercantile because Nemo wanted to show me these diecast Disney buses he was eyeing. I wasn't opposed to buying it, but we have so much stuff like that already. I remembered the Walt Disney Railroad train set we saw in Everything Pop a few times and made him a proposal: buy the buses now, or save money for the more expensive train set later. He chose the train set, and it was a deal.

We were kind of at a loss on what to do for the rest of the afternoon, as it seemed too cold to do outside things. But with the sun was shining, it wasn't so bad and we hung out outside by the pineapple fountain that I’ve always loved. They sat on the fountain for a little bit, then Boo said she wanted to go back into the stroller. That meant she wanted to go to sleep. I loved the sound of the fountain, the sun was shining right on us, so we didn't want to move. One thing Nemo is really good at is keeping himself entertained. He began an acorn hunting expedition for almost an hour. He said he was gathering them for Chip and Dale. He’d stick his head in the bushes and say “Yoo-hoo, anyone there?” and all I could see was his butt. He’d emerge with a huge grin on his face and trot back to his pile. It was really the best thing. On our first trip together in 2010, we visited Grand Floridian and sat in this very spot watching families with kids play in the field. I had told J that this was my dream: to someday watch our own kids do the same. And it was happening right here and now by this very same fountain.
IMG_6024 - Copy.JPG

Nemo looked the slightest bit sweaty now, which was actually a good sign to me. We moved on to the beach where there were shovels and pails for play, and he went right to it. J played around on the ping pong table, and I sat on the ledge with a great view of the both of them, and sleeping Boo on my other side. I soaked in the sun. The water was pretty, birds were flying, and boats moved in the distance. It was really nice.
IMG_6036 - Copy.JPG

When Boo awoke, we played some chess before heading to Gasparilla Island Grill for dinner. We've never been here before and we finally had the chance to try. J got the Cuban Sandwich, I got the Italian Sandwich, and the kids got the Broccoli and Roasted Tomato Flatbread. J obviously liked his, but I was not impressed with mine. And the kids were like, what kind of pizza is this? It was not very popular. The best and only food picture I got today:
Capture2.PNG

The sun was setting which meant we were about to become popsicles again so we decided to get home soon. One last monorail ride back to Magic Kingdom with beautiful views, and got on a Pop Century bus very quickly. When we returned home, we saw a newly added Christmas tree in the lobby! The train was bought, and joy was spread. We made it in perfect time to roast marshmallows at the campfire by Goofy's car. We called it “making our own dessert” since we didn't have any today. Boo was into it. This girl loves to eat try new things and hasn't met a sweet treat she didn't like. We walked home by Big Wheel, Roger Rabbit, the computer, and to our room which Nemo proudly unlocked with his MagicBand. Boo said she missed me when I came out from the shower, and I cuddled with Nemo before bedtime. I went to bed feeling grateful knowing that we give them our all, 24/7, and that they are feeling the love in return and enjoying these moments.

belledream

Original Poster
Today was a very important day: it was J's birthday! He is our guy. He navigates the airport, pushes the stroller, holds all the stuff, does all the bathroom and bathtime stuff and everything in between. He makes us laugh, makes things happen for us, and we love him. And what better way to spend his birthday than in the kingdom of magic?
IMG_6066 - Copy.JPG

The kids walked down Main Street holding hands. We were here for Early Entry, but we spent all of the time hanging out by the fountains and then up close with the castle. Boo yelled, "Disney World!" and "Cinderella Castle!" I got a few nice pictures of them, but had to give them Kit Kat bars to do so, and they munched on them happily as we walked up the ramp and through the castle to Fantasyland.
IMG_6111 - Copy.JPG

We parked the stroller and the kids busted out of it and made a beeline to our first stop of the day. They knew exactly what it was and they were excited. Nemo discovered that if he hung onto the railing, it would move him along and he thought it was so funny. They were captivated by the ride. It was very enjoyable.
Capture.PNG

When I told them we'd be riding Small World next, they knew right away to cross the 'street'. The new thing this go round was to shake our heads in circles like the silly bird in the rainforest.
DSC04367.JPG

Then it was on to Pooh. Nemo smiled at me in the Heffalumps and Woozles mirror part and it was so sweet. Can't believe my little Pooh Bear is growing up so fast.
DSC04416.JPG

We did a little shopping around Hundred Acre Goods and Sir Mickey's, admired the back of the castle, and tried to pull the Sword in the Stone. We took a little walk to Memento Mori and they noticed a shift in theming and were suspicious of us. Yup, Mom and Dad were forcing them onto Haunted Mansion. Both of them said they didn't want to go, but once we were there, they were intrigued by all the things they remembered from our book. Still, I loved putting my arm around Boo's little body letting her know Mommy is here for her. And once we sat down to lunch at Pinocchio's Village House with two All-Meat Flatbreads (and a Margherita Flatbread for the birthday boy) they were very excited about the view. Lots of waving and announcing of the boat colors.
IMG_6171 - Copy.JPG
Nemo requested that I make a "reservation" for Magic Carpets. I said yes, and he said “Yeah, if we have a reservation, and it isn’t broken then we can definitely ride it!" I'm loving this newfound understanding nature, but also chuckling at the reservation thing.

We walked through the Swiss Family Treehouse again, before switching gears and heading to Tomorrowland. We caught sight of the Main Street Philharmonic on the way. Nemo is definitely going to be a drummer, I'm calling it now. This also made me miss streetmosphere. Hoping we can get bits of that back because I think the kids would get a kick out of the interaction.
IMG_6183 - Copy.JPG

I was really feeling the music as we made our way into Tomorrowland. We went on Buzz and Nemo finally discovered the joy of making your parents dizzy. We spun and spun in circles, and Boo actually managed to score 100 points!
Capture2.PNG

We hopped over to Blue Ride and had a very fun ride. Nemo memorized the ride and would announce things like, "This is where we see Star Traders" or "Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin." Boo liked to poke my in the stomach and shout "You!" so I did it back to her and we ended up having a "You! You! You!" battle. Then Nemo joined in the fun and punched J in the stomach.

We saw Stitch up on stage so we went over to see. The kids love Stitch. They were both Stitch for Halloween at 1 year old. Yup, same costume. Nemo grinned as Stitch pointed at him, then at the Speedway and mimed driving cars.
IMG_6190.JPG

How did he know? That's exactly where we headed to. Boo officially loves Speedway too, now. She thinks the bumping is funny. Guess I'm stuck with this ride for the foreseeable future. And Tea Cups was up next. They wanted to spin this time, and they screamed. It was cute. Then Boo's favorite, Dumbo! I'll always love this one.
Capture3.PNG

We decided it was time for a break from the ride marathon and knew the perfect place to go.

belledream

Original Poster
♬ ♩ The magic is calling, calling, calling us ♪ ♫ I will never not want to sing and dance to this song. Glad we were able to catch this so the kids could have more character sightings. So when Boo picks up her Minnie phone, I can say in my Minnie voice, "Hi Boo! Did you see me in the parade at Disney World?" I need the content.
Capture.PNG

Now, onto what we came for. The Liberty Square Riverboat. But more specifically, the water wheel. Poor J had to hold a 38 pound Nemo for the entire ride so he could watch this water wheel turn, and turn, and turn.
Capture2.PNG

Boo, on the other hand, wanted to explore. She grabbed my hand and took me to the top deck and we watched and listened to the steamstack huff and puff for a while.
Capture3.PNG
Then we walked around to enjoy all the views this ride had to offer. Then she walked into the indoor seating area and sat down on the seats and said, "Want to watch TV now." We walked back to the middle deck and the boys were still standing there looking at the water wheel.
Capture4.PNG
After we disembarked, we were in the mood for something sweet. I ordered an Orange Cream Soft-serve Cup from Sunshine Tree Terrace, but Boo fell asleep before I got back. We took the ice cream to Liberty Square to enjoy it while watching Festival of Fantasy. Nemo was really into the parade this time, screaming "It’s Frozen, Boo!" Boo: (snores) "Peter Pan!" And "7 Dwarves!" Boo slept through it all, so she missed the ice cream, sorry baby. It was a very pleasant viewing experience. The music wasn't too loud, which was a plus for Nemo, and no one was around us. Today definitely seemed less crowded. Probably due to the Christmas party tonight.
Capture5.PNG

It was 3:30 and Nemo announced that he was hungry, so that was our cue for dinnertime. We popped into Columbia Harbor House per J's request and and enjoyed legitimate solitude during our meal. It was wonderful. J got himself the Sea Captain Catch and the kids split the Grilled Salmon again. Boo woke up and devoured her fish, and Nemo ate all the Hush Puppies. I ordered the New England Shrimp Boil despite J being a hater and saying, "That doesn't look all that great." Glad I didn't listen to him cause I thoroughly enjoyed this. Shrimp and sausage drenched in spicy broth... mmm. It's just want I needed to warm me up. I am so getting this again.
IMG_6222.JPG

We had one thing left we wanted to do in Fantasyland, so we were on our way. Boo saw the Carousel and asked to go on, so we did. Smiles all around. Then we finally made it to Little Mermaid. It was down earlier in the day, so they were excited it was up. We all skipped through the queue together. I don't know why J took this picture.
DSC04474.JPG

The kids were rided-out and were ready to go back to the resort. Which is good. It means they felt fulfilled. We spent a few minutes right in front of the castle at Golden House, just taking it in. Then, one last slow walk down Main Street.
IMG_6238.JPG

We encountered a little bit of surprise magic before we left. When we saw the double decker trolley, Nemo was so excited. He loves double decker buses and wants to ride one for his birthday next year. It wasn't running or anything. I saw a box on the driver's seat that looked like it had a bunch of party wristbands in it that were being distributed. I took a chance and asked the CM if the kids could sit in it and take a picture. She said, "Yeah they can sit in it." So they did, and they were so happy. Then she said, "Oh, but don't touch any buttons or anything." That was a more difficult request, but no harm was done during this excursion. We thanked her and were on our way. Nemo also requested to see the fire engine one more time, so we did that as well.
IMG_6243 - Copy.JPG

Then when we were outside the gates, Nemo made one last request. To wait for a monorail to come by. Of course, we would love to. And he went "Monorail Red! Woahhhh!" and Boo, looking at him, also went, "Woahhhh!"
Capture7.PNG

We came back to Pop Century and did some more marshmallow roasting, then visited the playground that was hiding behind a bunch of trees, yet because kids will be kids, they noticed it. They also climbed to the top of the the lit up Rubik's cube. I heard Nemo shout “I’m inside a Rubik's cube!” as he went up the stairs. Little things like this turn into lasting memories. One more day of magic tomorrow, and our hearts would be full of them.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
On the last day of Disney Christmas, my true love gave to me, the most gorgeous morning I ever did see. We said goodbye to our Disney home and took one last walk along Hourglass Lake. We were heading to Epcot, the most fitting end. It would be a day with no pressure or expectations... just reveling in the atmosphere and doing whatever we felt drawn to.
Capture.PNG

And we were drawn to Mexico, to ride Gran Fiesta tour again.
IMG_6280 - Copy.JPG

The kids were so fascinated by the Sugar Skulls the last time we came in here, and they ran straight to them again, pointing out their favorites, and assigning ours as well. "I know you like this purple one, Mommy," said Boo.
Capture2.PNG

Mexico has always been my favorite pavilion, and early morning Christmas Mexico has now solified that bond.
IMG_6285 - Copy.JPG

Anyways, back to Gran Fiesta Tour. I sent a video of the kids to my dad and he was like, "Just look at the wonder on their faces." It was so true. Those big, searching eyes just taking everything in. That's what I want to remember most.
Capture3.PNG

Back out in the marketplace, Boo and I danced to the music, tried on some hats, and Nemo and Boo played maracas and Nemo bopped himself in the face with a kendama toy. As we were heading to the stroller, the kids saw this fountain and ran to it. I'm really pleased they seem to have good attention to detail and appreciate the little things.
IMG_6301 - Copy.JPG

Mandatory monorail sighting. "Oh boy!" - Nemo
Capture4.PNG

"Oh boy!" - Me as I realized that we had caught a holiday overlay on Living with the Land.
IMG_6306.JPG

As if I couldn't love this ride any more than I already do.
IMG_6309.JPG

Then near the end, Nemo shouts out, "There's a Hidden Mickey on the flower!" He was talking about the pansy.
IMG_6312.JPG

I am just constantly in awe of this guy.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
We would of course, be visiting The Seas again. Wouldn't dream of missing it! We stood around waiting for some Mine! Mine! Mine! action. And this time, we checked out Bruce's Shark World, which the kids went crazy over. Nemo loved the Shark Mix-up. I didn't even get to read him the instructions before he already figured out what it was about. We saw a manatee, a sea turtle, and Boo showed off her comedic chops by saying, "Shark! Oh d-d-dear!" and ran to me covering to ears.
Capture5.PNG

After that, we decided to head to the playground since Boo slept through it the other day. I remembered that when she woke up and we passed by it, she was eyeing it and thinking, wait a minute... Nemo got his "exercise" in and Boo loved hopping from step to step. After a while, we walked towards World Showcase, just passing through. Took a moment to admire the details of the foliage in China. It looked great.
Capture6.PNG

We had to stop by Refreshment Outpost to play drums again. Then I noticed Boo standing in the empty line for ice cream. She remembered this was where we bought it last time. As cute (and hilarious) as that was, I told Boo that we would be eating lunch soon and would get ice cream this afternoon.
IMG_6334 - Copy.JPG
We had to allot a big chunk of time for the trainyard. Nemo said, "Wanna take a picture of me and the train?" He also offered educational lessons to anyone in the vicinity. (Gesturing) "That right there, is a freight train. See how it has all those boxcars and stuff?" There was one lady who was very impressed.
IMG_6349 - Copy.JPG

Boo eventually got tired of watching trains and wanted to wander over to the water. It had warmed up slightly today. It was finally take your sweatshirt off weather, at the least. It was very pretty.
Capture7.PNG

Finally, it was time to leave Germany and head next door for lunch. It was Regal Eagle time because 1. J requested it and 2. Mobile Order. But on the way, we spotted a few friends just milling about in the alleyway. They must have just gotten there because there was no line, so we hopped on it right away. Boo went right in for the hug with Piglet, and then ran away. Nemo smiled so big and fistbumped Piglet. Then they both looked on very intently as Piglet signed their autograph book. Nemo and Piglet held hands for a picture and the top of Boo's head just looked towards them.
IMG_6364 - Copy.JPG

Right down the line was one of our favorites! Nemo danced up with Chip and Chip danced along with him. Boo actually loves Chip and Dale, and she went to hug and high-five Dale, and stuck around for the picture this time, though slightly off to the side. Nemo was literally bouncing up and down with excitement as they signed the autograph book. J was amazed at how well Chip and Dale handed off the book and pen to each other. The things you notice as an adult.
IMG_6369 - Copy.JPG

I was filled to the brim with happiness over these interactions. Both of them have grown so much and are in that wonderful stage where everything is so real and important and exciting. I couldn't believe our good fortune.

Onto lunch! J got the BBQ Burger. So interesting, I know. But more specifically, it was on garlic toast, topped with garlic aïoli, and had a fried onion ring on it as well. Garlic and onion rings are probably 2 of his top 10 favorite food things. I got the Sliced Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich, which J and I had regrettably split last time, and I wanted it for myself now. Plus baked beans. Mmm. I got the kids each a Cheeseburger from the kid's menu with Mac & Cheese, and beans and fries to split. I wanted them to be really full since we would probably eat later than normal at the airport later.

IMG_6376 - Copy.JPG

After a fulfilling lunch, we moved on to Japan. We walked around Mitsukoshi and the kids touched everything. Holy moly, they were overloaded. We needed some moments of zen after that. We hung out in our favorite spot and watched our koi friends. "Hidden Mickey!"
Capture2.PNG

Then Matsuriza began. Always such a pleasure. All four of us were entranced for the entire time.
Capture.PNG

It was a little after 1pm and we had wanted to visit Crescent Lake today before we had to leave around 3:30pm. We decided to say goodbye to World Showcase and head towards International Gateway. It was hard to leave Epcot and the lagoon and the music, but I was happy. We truly had some of the best days here and that would always be.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Ahhh, Crescent Lake. Yacht & Beach Club. Forever my favorites. So many memories, so many dreams for the future. The weather was finally officially warm! I changed Nemo into a t-shirt and shorts, and Boo and I took off our leggings so we could finally sport our matching Lilly Pulitzer dresses the way they were meant to be. We settled on the beach and soaked in the sun. Boo sat in my lap and I fixed her hair. Friendship boats went by.
IMG_6388 - Copy.JPG

Then Nemo announced he had to go to the bathroom, so we went into Beach Club and were stunned by what we saw in the lobby. The Gingerbread Carousel - Princess Edition! Snow White, Belle, Tiana, and Elsa. (And Jasmine off to the side). Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. We all were. When the guys rejoined us, we stayed here for quite some time, taking in all the details on each horse, and looking for the Golden Hidden Mickeys everywhere.
IMG_6412 - Copy.JPG

We walked through my favorite hallway by Cape May, outside to Stormalong Bay. I told Nemo that when they learn to swim, we will stay here. It will happen. Back inside to another favorite hallway by Yachtsman, where we made a stop so Nemo could lie on the blue leather ottoman bench and pretend to nap. Upon seeing this, Boo did too, of course.
IMG_6464.JPG

We were greeted by a very appropriate tree in the lobby. But the kids knew exactly what they wanted and where to go to get it. They went right up the stairs to the ship wheel and started turning it. Nemo even said, "Take the wheel, Mommy!" and called me his "First Matey." Then he strutted around the second floor looking at the artwork. As we were leaving, he noticed a decorative ship on a garland. I took a series of three pictures of him. First picture is seeing it. Second picture is computing it. Third is him grabbing it.
IMG_6466.JPG

We had more sights to see, so we set out. I love everything about this place. Down to the botanical trashcan.
Capture.PNG

We saw a Friendship approaching as we were on the bridge, and Nemo wanted to race it to the other side.
Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

We walked right up to the ginormous fountain at Dolphin. Nemo remembered this fountain as that had multiple seashells spilling water from shell to shell. I told him to make a wish and he wished for his train.
IMG_6486 - Copy.JPG

It was on to our final destination: Boardwalk. It was quite a peaceful stroll. Then the kids saw the Surrey Bikes, which we worked so hard to get on last time and made sweet memories, but we knew we were too early and it wasn't open yet. They were perfectly fine just sitting on the parked ones for a little bit.
Capture4.PNG

It wasn't too early for ice cream though! As promised, we walked into the Boardwalk Ice Cream Shop and looked at all the flavors. Of all things, Nemo told the CM, "I want chocolate!" and the kind CM said, "You got it, bud." Boo also chose chocolate, surprise surprise. So they sat on a bench outside and downed two huge scoops of chocolate ice cream. Ice cream on their faces, on their clothes (save the Lilly!), on my hands, but pure enjoyment. Time was moving fast. I tried to soak in every view, sound, and smell that I could. For a last picture, they linked arms and it was everything.
IMG_6509 - Copy.JPG

One last Skyliner ride home with views of so many things we had enjoyed on this trip: Spaceship Earth, Eiffel Tower, Ratatouille, Star Wars Land, Expedition Everest, Riviera, Caribbean… it really was the best way to say goodbye to Walt Disney World. And we were fulfilled.

Nemo: Are we going home?
Me: Yes.
Nemo: I want to go home home.
Me: Yes, we are. Me too.

They said "Bye Pop Century, see you next time!"

My mom once told me that when you're ready to come home, that is a sign of a good vacation. Disney is always going to be our happy place, but I’m happiest when I’m with them, no matter where that is. Earlier I asked Boo, “Are we best friends?“ And she said “No, we’re family.” She’s grown so much on this trip. Asking questions, remembering things, laughing at funny cartoons, arguing about everything, crossing her arms in protest, waiting in line, going to the bathroom, and being independent. Nemo had his challenges as well, but also showed enthusiasm, ingenuity, thoughtfulness, reasoning, and understanding. It’s not easy traveling with kids, but J and I have always made a good team and it really shows in how we pull off crazy trips like this. I told J, think about it: 8 days at WDW: rope dropping, strategizing, backup planning, doing all the rides, staying in the parks all day, keeping them fed, hydrated, bathroomed, and unequivocally happy. They’re happy, and so are we. It’s been wonderful… now onto enjoying more life as a family.

If you got this far, thanks for reading! It's been fun to relive everything and sharing it on WDWMagic helps keep the magic going.

meggo819

Nemo and Piglet held hands for a picture and the top of Boo's head just looked towards them.
IMG_6364 - Copy.JPG

Right down the line was one of our favorites! Nemo danced up with Chip and Chip danced along with him. Boo actually loves Chip and Dale, and she went to hug and high-five Dale, and stuck around for the picture this time, though slightly off to the side. Nemo was literally bouncing up and down with excitement as they signed the autograph book. J was amazed at how well Chip and Dale handed off the book and pen to each other. The things you notice as an adult.
IMG_6369 - Copy.JPG
I’ve been wondering for a while if many of your pictures were cropped to leave out people…. I think these 2 confirm my suspicions! I totally understand not wanting to post your kids on here and you’ve been very creative in how to do that! 👍🏻👍🏻

belledream

Original Poster
I’ve been wondering for a while if many of your pictures were cropped to leave out people…. I think these 2 confirm my suspicions! I totally understand not wanting to post your kids on here and you’ve been very creative in how to do that! 👍🏻👍🏻
Yup, definitely cropped! Some better than others 😂 Thank you, I figure it’s better than nothing for the visual memories!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
So enjoyed your adventures and you must be so proud of your children, they are so well behaved. I bet they are well excited for Santa now especially Nemo. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

belledream

Original Poster
So enjoyed your adventures and you must be so proud of your children, they are so well behaved. I bet they are well excited for Santa now especially Nemo. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.
Thank you so much! I do feel very lucky.

Nemo is definitely excited for Santa now! Just yesterday he told me he wanted to sleep by the fireplace and wait for Santa. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom