Lights, Motors, Action! accident yesterday.

STGRhost

I know this is a serious topic, and I ~am~ concerned for the driver and hope he's alright, but I am seriously cracking up at you guys who think LMA is boring but the Golden Girls are exciting... No offense, opinions are opinions...It's just funny to me.:ROFLOL:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Based on the picture, it looks to me like the car stalled before it made it over the ramp. The cars have governors installed on them that locks the car into a specific speed whenever it's going into the air. This ensures that the car doesn't overshoot or undershoot the landing ramp. If you watch the show during Ballet Chase (the first scene), you'll notice that when the reverse hero heads from stage right to stage left the reverse hero and three pursuit cars give the folks on the stage a thumbs up. This lets the folks on the stage know that the governor on each individual car is working and the driver is good for the jump. If the driver can't get the governor to work for some reason, he would simply bypass the ramp and drive to the side of it.

That being said, there's no reason that I can think of for why the car wouldn't have landed right on target other than the car having stalled and the driver not having enough time to abort the jump.

Yeah. It really did seem like he landed short because he didn't have the speed he should have. From my vantage point I never saw the car flip. I saw the bounce and veer off to the side. From the striations on the wall and the fact that the car was resting on it's side it was as if the car rolled after striking the wall. I'll try to make time to look at my video tomorrow. Maybe I can capture some stills.

jt04

I know this is a serious topic, and I ~am~ concerned for the driver and hope he's alright, but I am seriously cracking up at you guys who think LMA is boring but the Golden Girls are exciting... No offense, opinions are opinions...It's just funny to me.:ROFLOL:

Yep, funny in a sad kinda way:ROFLOL:

Of course it is almost disturbingly morbid too. There seems to be a mad rush to these boards to see who can post the most disturbing stories which is quite disturbing in and of it's self.

Not just talking about this thread or even this board, it's everywhere! :lookaroun

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Yep, funny in a sad kinda way:ROFLOL:

Of course it is almost disturbingly morbid too. There seems to be a mad rush to these boards to see who can post the most disturbing stories which is quite disturbing in and of it's self.

Not just talking about this thread or even this board, it's everywhere!

:lol: And I find it quite humorous that folks like to post replies on threads that they read only because they were seeking a morbid fix, try to insinuate that a thread was posted for a completely different reason than what it was, and repeatedly fail to recognize or note statement(s) that the OP was hoping to find out the condition of the CM(s) involved and share an experience they had never had before. Isn't that just the most aggravating thing....ever???? LOL! :lol:

D

dixielandings

For all the guys who seem to know so much about how LMA works, how do you know about all of these procedures? Has anyone acquired a SOP for LMA?

hrcollectibles

I have a feeling that the driver is ok I am sure someone would have posted something. I don't think people are saying the Golden Girls house is exciting, it was the whol backlot tour (when they had facades) that a lot of us miss

DisneyMusician2

If only we could have LMA and a nice backlot tour, perhaps with some UPDATED filming and special effects techniques from Disney's recent live action films.

A CGI demonstration and some action, maybe even stage combat scenes (swordplay from Pirates perhaps) would be a welcome addition to the tour.

Heck, they could even make a backstage look at LMA part of the tour even while shows were going on.

GrannyJill2

To me, its a great representation of car action sequences that we see in the movies.

Precisely why it is such a bore. It's been done to death on TV, the movies, and in video games. :snore: I did enjoy the technical aspects of the show - how stunts are accomplished, etc.

Pixie dust for the driver of the car that wrecked.

jt04

Precisely why it is such a bore. It's been done to death on TV, the movies, and in video games. :snore: I did enjoy the technical aspects of the show - how stunts are accomplished, etc.

Pixie dust for the driver of the car that wrecked.

Ya know, I have more doubts than ever anything serious happened. When there was an accident a few weeks ago it was in the paper and that was for a broken leg. Seems like this supposed incident was probably a routine fender bender if anything at all. Unless I am mistaken no shows were canceled as they surely would have been if something serious had happened.

Move along folks, nothing at all to see here and...........

.........Keep on Rockin in the Free World! :sohappy:

LMA

For all the guys who seem to know so much about how LMA works, how do you know about all of these procedures? Has anyone acquired a SOP for LMA?

I was on the opening team (in Attractions/Ops)... Also was a trainer, so I was one of the first to transfer over there/ We had quite a bit of time where we just watched the drivers practice on the stage. Got to know some of the drivers/techs well, so that's where my info on the cars themselves come from.

toolsnspools

"Seems like this supposed incident was probably a routine fender bender ..."

I couldn't agree more. The one thing I recall from my only viewing of LMA ('06), was all the scratches and paint on the wall inside the tunnel. This is not the first, or last time they are going to roll a car through there. It comes with the territory, and it likely part of what draws the stunt men/women to the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom