Lightning Sparks Disney Bus Fire

napnet

Original Poster
A fire on a Walt Disney World bus that may have been sparked by a lightning strike prompted the evacuation of a vehicle and gas station, according to a Local 6 News report.

The bus fire was reported in a parking lot at a Chevron gas station located on state Road 535 and Hotel Plaza Boulevard in Lake Buena Vista.

Witnesses said flames were seen coming from the engine area of the bus.

It was not known how many people were aboard the bus when it caught fire.

An initial sheriff's office report said a lightning strike hit a tree and caught the bus on fire, Local 6 News reported.

Pumps at the gas station were turned off because of the fire.

http://www.local6.com/news/9536273/detail.html

brich

Didn't the Lightning see all the warning signs on the bus? It's the Lightnings own fault. Stupid Lightning... :lookaroun

Another reason to rent a car.... :zipit:

~LeeLee~

Going to turn on the local news now... I believe it, though, it's been raining like crazy since noon!! Lots of thunder and lightning. I hope everyone is alright.

metscool

Great another thing that happen at or near Disney this year. What next, one of the monorails end up breaking down and no one knows where they are and it takes them hours to get them down. Or the RnR breaks down and they are in the middle of a loop and it takes them hours to get them down from that.

cmatt

although i hope every one is ok - that would be frickin sweet to watch :) who needs theme park effects when you have mother nature :eek:

Nemo14

metscool said:
Great another thing that happen at or near Disney this year. What next, one of the monorails end up breaking down and no one knows where they are and it takes them hours to get them down. Or the RnR breaks down and they are in the middle of a loop and it takes them hours to get them down from that.

:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

mikemand25

It looks like a Downtown Disney resort bus. The ones that are contracted out for the Lake Buena Vista hotels. IT does not look like a actual Disney Transport bus.

cmatt

metscool said:

what will happen is like speed....

someone (dennis hopper) will plant a bomb or similar device to one of the monorail....... no motive - passenger (keanu) who JUST SO HAPPENS to be a cop.

The jist of it is that the monorail cannot travel slower or faster then precisely 10.4239492922 mph - or it will blow up :king:

at the end - keanu uses his brain and then deativates the bomb - and dennis hopper gets decapitated in the twighlight zone....

i shall call it speed 3 : yes we are that desperate, and we need to milk the idea to its death.

I see a multi million pound contract coming through the post :drevil:

metscool

cmatt said:
what will happen is like speed....

someone (dennis hopper) will plant a bomb or similar device to one of the monorail....... no motive - passenger (keanu) who JUST SO HAPPENS to be a cop.

The jist of it is that the monorail cannot travel slower or faster then precisely 10.4239492922 mph - or it will blow up :king:

at the end - keanu uses his brain and then deativates the bomb - and dennis hopper gets decapitated in the twighlight zone....

i shall call it speed 3 : yes we are that desperate, and we need to milk the idea to its death.

I see a multi million pound contract coming through the post :drevil:
:lol: . That is the funniest thing that I herd all day

cmatt

Aaka said:
Sorry, can't suspend my disbelief THAT much...:lookaroun

thanks for that.... :brick:

you ruined a perfect plot.... :lol:

however - i have the uber cunning plan of i dunno throwing a female as a screamer (;) :slurp: ;) ) (and not even the scary bits) dont know who to cast for that....

BadTigger

Man that bus trip must have sucked not only did they stop for gas but then it catches fire. I love the news once again, I DOUBT anyone was on the bus since a stop to a gas station really isn't on any of those bus routes.

cmatt

BadTigger said:
Man that bus trip must have sucked not only did they stop for gas but then it catches fire. I love the news once again, I DOUBT anyone was on the bus since a stop to a gas station really isn't on any of those bus routes.

keanu didnt turn up and try and drive off.... so that was just a below average day to tell the truth.... :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

It's a Downtown Disney bus that caught fire (you can tell from the picture) especially since the Disney buses don't gas up outside of property.

And why on earth would anyone fill up at that Chevron station? It's ALWAYS at least $0.40 more than the Hess Station at DTD.

TTATraveler

I am glad that the situation was prevented from turning into a massive explosion. If the gas station would have gone up in flames, things would not be good at all.

Definately a Downtown Disney Resorts bus. Wasn't the last big fire with a bus on property a DTD Resorts bus as well. I wonder how this will all play out.

JuanD_20k

Yea downtown disney bus... i saw the fire it was pretty sweet, a little worried that the entire place was going to blow but i drove away. it was really on fire too back tires and all

tnchefbear

This just goes to show everyone that even we can have fun at other people's misfortune... so I guess we are getting more and more like hollywood

cmatt

tnchefbear said:
This just goes to show everyone that even we can have fun at other people's misfortune... so I guess we are getting more and more like hollywood

oh get a grip, no one was injured. Some people on here take things WAY to seriouslly - lighten up! We may poke fun at it, but its the OMG'sss not disney again!!!11 attitude in the first place that musters a sarcastic yet humouros (well your humourLESS) comment..... in the first place:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom