News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

aliceismad

Continuous ala Mermaid or Muppets. More in line with Muppets though.
That appears to be the case per the start times listed in TP, which are every 50 minutes starting at 9:40. I wish the last show was later than 5:40 though. I haven't seen anything official from Disney regarding show times. Maybe I just didn't look in the right place.

Magic Feather

That appears to be the case per the start times listed in TP, which are every 50 minutes starting at 9:40. I wish the last show was later than 5:40 though. I haven't seen anything official from Disney regarding show times. Maybe I just didn't look in the right place.
I heard of shorter intervals than 50 minutes. Considering the nature of the show, it has no need to be this long. You aren’t going to stare at an animatronic and screen for 40 min, not even 20. Especially considering they should be able to load and unload back to back.

aliceismad

I heard of shorter intervals than 50 minutes. Considering the nature of the show, it has no need to be this long. You aren’t going to stare at an animatronic and screen for 40 min, not even 20. Especially considering they should be able to load and unload back to back.
Touring Plans says the actual show is 20 minutes, but start times are 50 minutes apart. I assume that's to allow for people leaving and coming in. Like I said, though, I haven't seen any information direct from Disney. Just going off what TP has.

Magic Feather

Touring Plans says the actual show is 20 minutes, but start times are 50 minutes apart. I assume that's to allow for people leaving and coming in. Like I said, though, I haven't seen any information direct from Disney. Just going off what TP has.
Hmm... Can't find the 50 number, but I believe you that it is out there. I just can not think of a reason why this would have a longer turn around time than Mermaid, especially given the capacity numbers and targets. The theater could be loaded in five minutes maximum and unloaded in two. The planned setup for queueing, if I recall, involves a holding pen ala Muppets or Mermaid, just to the right of the theater with entry. Below is a diagram sent by a friend, which may help to give a visual idea.

aliceismad

Hmm... Can't find the 50 number, but I believe you that it is out there. I just can not think of a reason why this would have a longer turn around time than Mermaid, especially given the capacity numbers and targets.
If you add Lightning McQueens' Racing Academy to a touring plan, TP lists showtimes as 9:40, 10:30, 11:20, 12:10, 1:30, 2:20, 3:10, 4:00, 4:50, and 5:40. That's the 50 minutes between showtimes that I mentioned.

If it's quicker and there are more shows, that would be great. I have zero information other than this. Just trying to pull together my Hollywood Studios plan for May. :)

HauntedMansionFLA

Hmm... Can't find the 50 number, but I believe you that it is out there. I just can not think of a reason why this would have a longer turn around time than Mermaid, especially given the capacity numbers and targets. The theater could be loaded in five minutes maximum and unloaded in two. The planned setup for queueing, if I recall, involves a holding pen ala Muppets or Mermaid, just to the right of the theater with entry. Below is a diagram sent by a friend, which may help to give a visual idea.View attachment 356057
What’s your guess on the hourly capacity of this attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom