News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

mm52200

I expected something along the lines Monsters Inc or Turtle Talk- something more of a cute but forgettable time waster to sit inside on hot days.. while I definitely don’t think it’s rearrange travel plans to focus on it worthy I could easily see it ranked in the top 2-3 shows at the Studios.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this especially as I’m not a huge Cars fan. It was engaging but not in your face annoying . Cute but not sappy.
How are cast being selected to test this???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I expected something along the lines Monsters Inc or Turtle Talk- something more of a cute but forgettable time waster to sit inside on hot days.. while I definitely don’t think it’s rearrange travel plans to focus on it worthy I could easily see it ranked in the top 2-3 shows at the Studios.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this especially as I’m not a huge Cars fan. It was engaging but not in your face annoying . Cute but not sappy.

What's the runtime?

Kman101

Unless it brings in more people into the park, then, after seeing Lightning, they all head over to TSL.

So many people keep thinking more attractions somehow attract less people... ;)

Yeah. It's nice in theory and I've said it a lot, but in reality, new things attract more people. Anything new will be a "draw". Will people specifically book a vacation for this? Probably not. Maybe some, sure. But yep. The more they add the more people that come. But it still doesn't hurt to have a LOT of things to do ;) the parks also feel congested because I believe more are just walking around them. In theory, if there were more to do ... it's about absorbing the crowds. But yeah, the crowding won't be going down.

Kman101

That's encouraging. I don't think any of us were sure what to actually expect. I think many were fearing, like you, another slightly forgettable but cute Turtle Talk, or even Disney Junior Dance Party levels.

Where would you say the appeal lies? With everyone? With kids? Kind of an odd question I guess but I just want to get your "feel" for it. Is it something worth seeing that won't make me feel like I'm the wrong demographic inside the theater is basically what I'm wondering, lol.

-em

10 minutes according to what I have heard.

That is correct plus like 10 ish Min to load/unload
That's encouraging. I don't think any of us were sure what to actually expect. I think many were fearing, like you, another slightly forgettable but cute Turtle Talk, or even Disney Junior Dance Party levels.

Where would you say the appeal lies? With everyone? With kids? Kind of an odd question I guess but I just want to get your "feel" for it. Is it something worth seeing that won't make me feel like I'm the wrong demographic inside the theater is basically what I'm wondering, lol.
Honestly it seems well balanced age wise- a few ‘big kid’ humor moments but not ‘adult’ in anyway a few ‘kid humor’ jokes but No ‘ok kids let’s all pretend’ moments where adults look around sheepishly . I wouldn’t hesitate to suggest any age group visit- I’ll be taking my toddler on opening day and I think I’ll enjoy it more than her..

Kman101

That is correct plus like 10 ish Min to load/unload

Honestly it seems well balanced age wise- a few ‘big kid’ humor moments but not ‘adult’ in anyway a few ‘kid humor’ jokes but No ‘ok kids let’s all pretend’ moments where adults look around sheepishly . I wouldn’t hesitate to suggest any age group visit- I’ll be taking my toddler on opening day and I think I’ll enjoy it more than her..

Awesome. The answer I was searching for :) It's nice it's geared towards everyone, really. I like that this sounds promising. I'm not going into it looking to be amazed but it'll be nice to have a new experience and one I'd hopefully want to see a few more times after and not feel like I'm out of the demographic (like Enchanted Tales with Belle ... lol). Sounds like it has promise!

Magic Feather

From DPB:
787D4A5F-9ABA-4870-9B31-9A4D0FF7D063.jpeg

iowamomof4

Any chance this gets added to the DAH lineup? There is really so little to do during that event, it'd be nice if this could stay open during it. I won't hold my breath though.

britain

Looks like his mouth is mechanical rather than projected! I'm interested to see how it looks in comparison to the projection counterpart.

Maybe - since this is from the DPB, I wouldn’t put it past them to do a little photoshop work on this picture before sending it out.

meyeet

Looks like his mouth is mechanical rather than projected! I'm interested to see how it looks in comparison to the projection counterpart.
Isn't the wardrobe's mouth mechanical in Enchanted Tales with Belle? I'd assume it looks similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom