Club Cooloholic

I hate the name
I hate paid fastpass
I hate genie plus

bring back fp+ or better yet no fastpass gimmick at all
Jafar Chapek hates his guests and cast members
Don’t buy genie or the lightning toll.
fire chapek
While I can't say I disagree, the proverbial "genie" is out of the bottle. It does kind of ruin Aladdin rewatching doesn't it?

Last edited:

Nottamus

Earlier this week- before runners showed up- we had really low wait times for some popular rides

Soarin 10 minutes
Safari- we pretty much walked on (sign said 15 minutes)
Fop had 55 minute wait, I timed it, we got to ride seat in 35
Navi river had 35, we got to boat in 15

my point is I don’t think genie is needed for casual ride people. I plan to never purchase. (We’ll see how that goes)

Cmdr_Crimson

While I can't say I disagree, the proverbial "genie" is out of the bottle. It does kind of ruin Aladdin rewatching doesn't it?
Really makes you wonder why Robin Williams had a spat with Disney due to the use of Genie being marketed to sell tickets for the film at the time...He'd be really drilling it to Chapek for this..

JIMINYCR

Not a fan of the name either.
I'll hate having to pay for it. And I may not when I return.
I havent been to WDW since its been up.

I'd prefer some style of a FP system for guests. Many saw this was the direction they were going to go in.

But there are some who are saying it works for them. We will see in time.

I wouldnt say Chapek hates guests or CM's... Hes no different than any other company head. Replace the name Disney with most any other company and youll see detractors and haters regarding how things are being taken over and run when theres a change. Hes a company man, not entirely unlike those before him. He will do what best works for Disney. Thats ultimately what hes being paid for. He isnt in the job to make friends and give out hugs and kisses. The world isnt like it was during Walts time and no company is. Everything has changed in time and you have no other choice but to go along with it if you want to take part.
No... I'm fairly sure Chapek wont be fired.
NO .. I'm not a Chapek fan nor do I like the moves being made.

Po'Rich

He will do what best works for Disney.
I'm not really sure that this is true (nor do I necessarily think it is true for most businesses). I think the focus has changed to what is good for the stock prices. Honestly, from what I can see from much of American business these days, the emphasis is on maximizing short-term gains even if it will hurt the company long term. I don't think there is much emphasis on company building (as there was during Walt's time) by developing customer loyalty. Instead, it's more about getting what one can in the present before taking a golden parachute.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Jafar Chapek hates his guests and cast members
He was waving to them at Disneyland last week
405E313F-EF79-45C0-93CC-04C644789896.jpeg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I just, you know you work hard on something and you don’t know how people will react to it until it’s out there. Hopefully you at least like the audio tours though.

KaliSplash

The company view is what is good for stockholders IS good for the company. Hard to argue that. Yes. The focus is on short-term stock gain. Actually, as I have written over the years, it's all about Exceeding quarterly earnings expectations. It is not about whether you make money, it is about whether you make more money than expected. If so, great, stock prices rise. If not, ehh, stock prices as best hold steady. The way to make more money than expected and keep the stock price up is to find new ways to reduce expenses and increase revenue. We are seeing that mightily in this post-pandemic era as they try to recover all the money they lost when we weren't there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom