LIGHTNING LANE SUCKS

Disstevefan1

eventheGeineCantHelp.jpg

mikegdis

NickWilde

Greed is the primary motivating factor behind most, if not all Bob Paycheck's decisions, excluding a few that were carried over from the Iger era. (Because while Iger was still greedy, at least he had somewhat of a sense of decency.) He's motivated solely by the promise of profits and appeasing the shareholders that the guest experience that had once been the number 1 priority of Disney has taken a backseat to this penny-pinching.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Greed is the primary motivating factor behind most, if not all Bob Paycheck's decisions, excluding a few that were carried over from the Iger era. (Because while Iger was still greedy, at least he had somewhat of a sense of decency.) He's motivated solely by the promise of profits and appeasing the shareholders that the guest experience that had once been the number 1 priority of Disney has taken a backseat to this penny-pinching.
Believe me Iger was probably a larger factor in all the crap going on right now the Chapek is. Or at the very least as much involved.

celluloid

Exactly, none of this stuff just sprung up overnight.

Yeah. I agree. It is really frustrating that Iger's name is not dragged in, as he created the environment towards this extreme. From post 2011 on it really started showing faster for me. Let us not forget the moves like tent rentals in Tomorrowland.

Mark48

Blame him if it makes you feel good. He makes enough money to shoulder that burden of your displeasure, but if you really think that he has the final say in anything then you really don't understand how businesses that size function or I'd like to know what you've been smoking.

He is in place as the scape goat. The face and shiny head of the company. The one that all the blame is going to land on when he probably doesn't have the ability to do a thing without his strings being pull by the BoD. If you want to blame the reality, it is still Iger and the rest of the board. He is also on the board, but his influence is measured by his one vote on whatever they are discussing. He has input, but if they have to decide who's advice they are going to take, you have to understand that they are still going to go with Iger. And why not? Igor's leadership has made billions for TWDC, Chapek has done squat. There is plenty of blame to go around, but it doesn't fall on one person no matter how much we don't like him.
it was sarcasm on my part......apologies....just 1 correction....I do not smoke

NickWilde

Believe me Iger was probably a larger factor in all the crap going on right now the Chapek is. Or at the very least as much involved.
I'm not saying that Iger's free of sin. Quite on the contrary actually, I know he's the reason behind a lot of the bad decisions that have plagued Disney parks as of recently, such as the Splash Mountain retheme. But I don't think even he would stoop as low as Chapek's gone now, with all the cost-cutting and price gouging and this disastrous Genie+ thing. Iger's bad, but he's not THIS bad.

WallyWorld

I'm sorry.....changes are being made....this company is showing what they want/what they think of those affected. Why so much who did what? I'm going but don't like XXXX is still going and paying. They will adjust based on money made.....not on noise. They are raking it in.....look at this very forum....click on new posts.....%75 positive/ still going.

Nottamus

Saturday marks the end of my 2 weeks here.
during that time, I have not paid for Genie+, or any ILL- and still managed to ride all I wanted to ride pretty much when I wanted to. I was not part of the upgrading 33%- not will I ever be. (unless incentives come along later)

I like the virtual queue thing, and honestly think they should just rotate that to different popular rides.

i do miss fast pass, illuminations, big food portions, free magic bands, bus
Drivers who told jokes…

….what was I talking about…

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm not saying that Iger's free of sin. Quite on the contrary actually, I know he's the reason behind a lot of the bad decisions that have plagued Disney parks as of recently, such as the Splash Mountain retheme. But I don't think even he would stoop as low as Chapek's gone now, with all the cost-cutting and price gouging and this disastrous Genie+ thing. Iger's bad, but he's not THIS bad.
And again what I am saying is that Iger, Chapek, and all the board members have done every change. You don't seriously think that Chapek is given a free hand do you? Those major decisions have been committee'd practically to death. Approval after approval has to be granted before they can flush a toilet in that size corporation. There is a figure head, and in this case it's Bob C. but he hardly acted on his own for any of the stuff that people are complaining about at this moment. I sincerely doubt he even came up with very many of the ideas if any. Cost cutting and price changes usually generate deep in the accounting department.

Redhawk

Okay, so that's the issue for us; we don't do rope drop. For us, it seems like skip the line options are the way to go, although I did prefer the free one.
Husband and I are returning in December after about 5 years with no WDW vacation. Before we went every year from 2004 to 2016. To give ourselves the best chance to ride RotR and Toy Story, I'll use Genie+ and LL. We're not rope-droppers but we stay for Evening EMH if they're available. I don't like that I'll have to be on my phone on what I'd prefer to be a relaxing day without using it, and I sure miss the old days of FP and even before that just dealing with standby lines, which were never very bad as we went in slower times of year.

After this visit we likely won't return for another 5 years (if then, our Disney days may be over) because the whole system (MDE app, Genie+, LL) is becoming more annoying than fun.

Christina M

Earlier this week- before runners showed up- we had really low wait times for some popular rides

Soarin 10 minutes
Safari- we pretty much walked on (sign said 15 minutes)
Fop had 55 minute wait, I timed it, we got to ride seat in 35
Navi river had 35, we got to boat in 15

my point is I don’t think genie is needed for casual ride people. I plan to never purchase. (We’ll see how that goes)
I agree. noticed that with the Genie, the rides wait times were less. plus I think the parks, not being at full capacity and foreign travelers still not allowed here, it's kinda hard to judge. but the Genie will be purchased more by the visitors who rarely go and WANT to ride them without waiting. I refuse to pay (prices for AP & DVC are high enough) and will not wait for anytime longer than 30 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom