Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Nottamus

We will be there in a few weeks - staying in a deluxe - in no way is this on my radar.

Money best used elsewhere

I think it’s just a diversion—-

Then Disney unveils the brand new 32 story tower Reflections 😁

JD80

We are fairly price insensitive to the rack rates at the deluxe resorts to a degree. We pay em if we have to cause we find value in the experience. I understand the concept of splurging on more expensive options, which is why I think it’s incorrect to speak of this product like its intended to be purely a purchase of convenience from guests who have such deep pockets they will not be discerning at all or ever consider the value of what they’re purchasing. I think this is further driven home by the way there already is the VIP tours for the guests who have money is no object kind of deep pockets. I don’t think this is a product for all but the most introverted money is no object kind of guests.

I just think it’s unlikely there is a large segment of guests who (1) wouldn’t consider paying for a less restrictive VIP tour, (2) but can unflinchingly afford an extra thousand or so tacked on to their day using a family of 4, and (3) who are so overwhelmed by the idea of touring the parks that they will find value in the hefty premium to drop the schedule.

I think there’s a chance is the beginning of further change and a phasing out of the ‘cheap’ price point of LLMP and LLSP.
Oh I agree, I don't the customer for this product is anywhere near a large segment. I think slightly to moderately larger than the population of people who do VIP tours.

Edit: exactly what len just said.

JAN J

Occupancy rates at deluxes have lagged for years

They overpriced them long ago. Will this make that better?

Fun story: once there was a beautiful hotel on bay lake…
They tripled the prices over 10+ years…occupancy fell to 50%…and then they gutted half for timeshares.

Bad management thinks price isn’t the problem.
That is accurate in many different levels

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Respectfully, y'all aren't looking at this the right way.

Disney has a product - Lightning Lane Single&Mult Pass - for families who want to spend an extra $200-$300 per day to skip the lines.

And Disney has a product - VIP Tours - for families who want to spend an extra $3,500 - $6,500 per day to skip the lines.

But what about the families in the middle, who want to spend $1,200 to $1,800 per day to skip the lines? WHAT ABOUT THEM????

Lightning Lane Premier Pass fills that gap in the product/market space.

It's all about meeting unmet needs.
what about the families that want to spend an extra $0 per day to skip the lines like they used to?
Asking for a friend :) lol

Joel

The negative reaction is actually a good thing. If people with thousands of posts here (in other words, anyone whose time is clearly not at that much of a premium) were saying, "You know, that's actually not a bad deal," then it would be priced way too low.

Indy_UK

I don't get why people care about this one way or another.

Do you care about VIP tours? If not then you shouldn't care about this.

I was shocked that there are 30-40 tours a day in WDW which was way higher than I imagined. I guess there is a demand for these high prices services which is fine but they need to throw a bone to the bulk of us peasants who make up most of the income.

SteveAZee

Premium Member
I forgot to add to my last post, given that it’s such a poor value product right now when you consider how unnecessary it is to access the attractions (I think it’s biggest selling feature is being effortless and unscheduled), I don’t think it’s being overly dramatic to wonder what changes are coming down the road to uhhh ‘encourage’ people to consider this purchase. I think it’s fair to wonder just how strongly they’re going to lean into this being a pilot rollout.

You want Universal? That’s eliminating the more affordable option entirely.
This is what's appealing to me... to explore the parks at whatever time and rate and order I feel like and not have to deal with reservations and tiers and the like. I'm in the 'wait and see' camp on this... see how it looks once it's launched and the price points are more obvious.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Respectfully, y'all aren't looking at this the right way.

Disney has a product - Lightning Lane Single&Mult Pass - for families who want to spend an extra $200-$300 per day to skip the lines.

And Disney has a product - VIP Tours - for families who want to spend an extra $3,500 - $6,500 per day to skip the lines.

But what about the families in the middle, who want to spend $1,200 to $1,800 per day to skip the lines? WHAT ABOUT THEM????

Lightning Lane Premier Pass fills that gap in the product/market space.

It's all about meeting unmet needs.
False information - You don't get to skip any lines without VIP tours. ;)

lentesta

Premium Member
what about the families that want to spend an extra $0 per day to skip the lines like they used to?
Asking for a friend :) lol

The stock is up 11% in the last year, while the DJIA is up 26% and the S&P 33%.

Wall Street needs to see Disney charging consumers more so they can give that money to investors. Then more people will want to buy Disney stock, which makes the investors even happier.

Otherwise the stock will go down, which makes investors sad.

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE SHAREHOLDERS?

lentesta

Premium Member

Wall Street needs to see Disney charging consumers more so they can give that money to investors. Then more people will want to buy Disney stock, which makes the investors even happier.

Also, thanks for letting me try out lines for the next show.

Bocabear

so using the new LL Premiere Pass would cost an extra $1600.00 per day for a family of 4...plus the $500 for the day park tickets...about $2100.00/day to visit the Magic Kingdom excluding food, hotel, merch, etc. So a 3 day trip to Disney with hotel for 3 nights at the mid range hotels would be about $7200.00 if no one eats or drinks anything but courtesy cup water... Now cruises are looking cheap.... Heck fly to Japan and go to Tokyo Disneyland would be about the same cost.....lol

Splash4eva

I think what bothers me the most about this new pass is they offer it to Deluxe hotel guests trying to make it seem like a benefit only to fork over $400 to use a LL for each ride one time... If it was say $400 for non-Deluxe guests and some deep discount or free for Deluxe guests, it may actually help fill Deluxe rooms.

It is insulting

This must be a precursor to overhauling and raising prices of LL and pre-books. I am not sure who in their right mind would pay $400 for this service rather than $30 for a normal LL only to not need time windows and maybe get in a couple of extra rides.

I miss Kevin's declining by degrees. The last two years is freefalling from 20,000 ft without a parachute.
Issue is this. Normal LL will be even more limited now imo and even if its not according to everyone here you cant get all of them anyways. So again kinda comparing apples to oranges

JD80

so using the new LL Premiere Pass would cost an extra $1600.00 per day for a family of 4...plus the $500 for the day park tickets...about $2100.00/day to visit the Magic Kingdom excluding food, hotel, merch, etc. So a 3 day trip to Disney with hotel for 3 nights at the mid range hotels would be about $7200.00 if no one eats or drinks anything but courtesy cup water... Now cruises are looking cheap.... Heck fly to Japan and go to Tokyo Disneyland would be about the same cost.....lol

You should stop thinking like a normal person and start thinking like a rich person.

Duh.

JD80

Just think of all the sad little junior and senior VPs without a bigger bonus. Shame.

WDWFREAK53

More...because you can't do this at the mid-range hotels.

Disstevefan1

To me, Disney totally broke the system with the latest iteration of single and multi LL and now has created a new product that fixes the broken system for people who can afford it.

LSLS

I don't get why people care about this one way or another.

Do you care about VIP tours? If not then you shouldn't care about this.
It depends how many they sell. BUT, just like when Lightning Lane was first introduced, it's about the precedence. What if next is Super Lightning Lane? Skip line in front of the line skippers. Lightning Lane now has the wait time of standby, and those without either can wait 4 times as long.

MrPromey

I don’t see this having a major effect on the average guest. The pool of people who can purchase this is very small. And those people would have likely purchased multi & single pass anyway. So it’s the same amount of people using the system.
My big take away is that it’s only good at one park. I think this is a big drawback for people who normally park hop.

The potential problem is it's unmanaged which means you can expect the highest usage of it at the busiest times of day.

Those points when standby and lightning lane waits are the highest are when you'll likely see this getting the most usage making things worse during those time periods across the board.

This is how it works at Universal today and it's able to work there because their attraction capacity vs. demand isn't completely out of wack like it is at Disney and because for the purposes of the line itself, there's only one group in the UE line.

Still, there are times there can be a decent wait in their Universal Express lines vs. others when it's a straight walk-on and having little to no way of controlling when people with access decide to use it is what causes that.

It's hard to imagine that with Disney's guest ratios and be optimistic about this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom