Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Disney Glimpses

Why should they eliminate the planning?

You already have to plan out the whazoo....I need hotel ressie, flights, park pass ressie, dining ressie

Thats not getting rid of pre planning
Because guests complained about it in enormous frequency. I agree, they should've just ignored them. If you give people an opportunity to complain, they will complain.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Guest satisfaction was not great for FP+ for those who aren't resort guests.
So a company and CEO who outright said he doesnt care about AP was now concerned about what non resort guests said.... again a convenient way to charge for something that was free where they didnt need any excuse other than hey this is no longer free or again simply add some money to tickets, rooms, parking, etc to make the money they wanted to make... they are making as i believe you quoted around 1mm per day i think ive seen you say... and by your own admission you claim Disney could not believe the demand for the product so that menas they in theory were not expecting this huge cash influx here go the additional fees i mention that could have been added and earmarked for "FP' income could have been done easily... & change nothing

Disney Glimpses

So a company and CEO who outright said he doesnt care about AP was now concerned about what non resort guests said.... again a convenient way to charge for something that was free where they didnt need any excuse other than hey this is no longer free or again simply add some money to tickets, rooms, parking, etc to make the money they wanted to make... they are making as i believe you quoted around 1mm per day i think ive seen you say... and by your own admission you claim Disney could not believe the demand for the product so that menas they in theory were not expecting this huge cash influx here go the additional fees i mention that could have been added and earmarked for "FP' income could have been done easily... & change nothing
Yeah, I mean they care about APs when it comes to taking their money haha

But yeah, it's roughly 1 mil per day with Genie+ and ILL combined. Which is a problem in and of itself. They are going to try to keep those revenue levels that high while making changes.

Jeff4272

That is something that you liked but was a primary complaint from Disney guests. By and large Disney guests did not like having to plan attractions 60 days out.

In fact, in many ways, that was worse than Park Pass. The only reason we put up with it is because we got to skip lines. But in reality, all we're being asked to do right now is pick a park ahead of time. Back then, we were not only asked to pick a park but basically tell them everything we were doing throughout the day there.
Fine that it was a complaint then, but those same people cannot complain about that now

Park Pass planning has eliminated that

Jrb1979

They could have done that. IMO they have always wanted to charge for FP and make a lot of changes to how parks operate. Covid gave them the excuse to do a lot of what they always wanted.

IMO it's best to accept what they are now. If you don't like it you can always visit TripAdvisors number rated park in the US. It's Dollywood.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I mean they care about APs when it comes to taking their money haha

But yeah, it's roughly 1 mil per day with Genie+ and ILL combined. Which is a problem in and of itself. They are going to try to keep those revenue levels that high while making changes.
& ill argue go back to FP the way it was include every ride and they would make more money by doing so.... obviously they would need to and be able to increase the price... say $25 per person and ill go a step further you can possibly add an option to book more during the day for more money after say 4 or 5 for those that really know how to use the system. feel free to cap it as well even tho FP was not capped and worked well

Jeff4272

So here's the big difference between FP+ and Genie+ (intended Genie+ that is):

If you walked into MK at 11am with your family and opened FP+, you were getting very little without significant effort. Genie+ was designed to allow guests to walk in at 11am, pay, and then have the pick of the litter.

Obviously it's easy to say FP+ is better. That's a no brainer at this point. But I still think Genie+ can be fixed to offer same day LLs without hassle.
ZERO chance

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
They could have done that. IMO they have always wanted to charge for FP and make a lot of changes to how parks operate. Covid gave them the excuse to do a lot of what they always wanted.

IMO it's best to accept what they are now. If you don't like it you can always visit TripAdvisors number rated park in the US. It's Dollywood.
Oh trust me ive accepted the way they are and what they have become and we all know its not just w this... see Splash. but my daughter still enjoys it and we all come home still having those good feelings granted not the way they were but still enjoyable but once my daughter loses it or no longer enjoys it... they will not see another dollar from me.

Jeff4272

All of the debating, arguing and everything else going on here is irrelevant

The fact of the matter is, WDW messed this up bad

The real problem is, I don't have any faith in them fixing it properly

We would love to go back some day so i do hope they fix it

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

That’s what upsets me the most. How bad they botch things now, especially this.

As I mentioned earlier they are a fortune 20 company…and they have some of the absolute worst websites and performance I have ever seen, have poor management, and design systems like this to completely negatively revamp how you visit the parks from before, act like they had no idea it would be this way, and guests are furious.

I have never seen so many DVC resales on the market…some of their most loyal guests who spend the most money have had it

Jrb1979

Fixing to how you like it probably isn't happening.i don't see it going back to pre-booking days.

My hope is they fix it it make it work like planned.

MaximumEd

Without fewer people in the parks or adding a ton of additional capacity, I believe they’re trying to create a truly impossible system. People, including myself, continually underestimate the amount of money folks are willing to throw at WDW. If they made it $100 a day, it would probably still sell enough to break the system without a hard cap. They’re too greedy to cap it.

dreday3

Because they've already sold Genie+ to thousands of people under the current terms of the service. They could change it sooner but they'd have to offer refunds.

Oh.

If they were thinking of some kind of resort stay incentive - such as allowing an early prebook or something - that wouldn't have to wait though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom