Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Touchdown

I personally would prefer a one time per ride use with no times. Make it $400 per person per park ($500 MK.). No park hopping option no unlimited use, save that for VIP.

WDWFREAK53

Would the experience be better if every attraction was virtual queue but you couldn't get into another virtual queue while you're waiting? It wouldn't clog up the other attractions, you wouldn't be physically waiting in line which would leave you time to explore the parks, eat, or shop.

I understand this may clog up the lands and walkways but it may be like the old Fastpass situation.

I guess another issue would be the attractions without a line but they could all be "ride now" and have the virtual queue open up as soon as a line forms. (Similar to Volcano Bay)

UNCgolf

Would the experience be better if every attraction was virtual queue but you couldn't get into another virtual queue while you're waiting? It wouldn't clog up the other attractions, you wouldn't be physically waiting in line which would leave you time to explore the parks, eat, or shop.

I understand this may clog up the lands and walkways but it may be like the old Fastpass situation.

I guess another issue would be the attractions without a line but they could all be "ride now" and have the virtual queue open up as soon as a line forms. (Similar to Volcano Bay)

All virtual queues would make it impossible to move around or eat/shop because almost everyone else in the parks are trying to do the same thing. There's nowhere near enough space.

They'd have to build tons of additional retail and dining space to make that work. I think you could design a park from scratch and make it all VQ, but it would be a disaster trying to shoehorn that into current parks.

Ayla

We did not use Genie+ out of principle, but I did try and look at it on the app while we were there. Honestly, I'm amazed anyone who is unfamiliar with disney tech was able to figure out how to use it.

I had a very hard time even finding out where the LL and ILL return times/prices were and I'm someone who has used MDE since the beginning.

Roy G. Dis

We did not use Genie+ out of principle, but I did try and look at it on the app while we were there. Honestly, I'm amazed anyone who is unfamiliar with disney tech was able to figure out how to use it.

I had a very hard time even finding out where the LL and ILL return times/prices were and I'm someone who has used MDE since the beginning.

This may not be a welcome take but in 2022 I'm sure most people could figure it out. People are used to using their phones for so much these days.

Disney Glimpses

Wait you understand that staffing is a major issue right now for all businesses, including Disney, but you think inspite of not having enough staff to operate parks during normal hours, they should keep the parks open longer for everyone???? So less staff=more operating hours in your mind?
All I will say in response to this is however simple/complex you think the operation is at WDW, it is 1,000 times more complex. There are so many facets and angles that you couldn't even comprehend without really knowing how things operate. They are doing their best with the scenario they have placed themselves in. And change is coming to all of the above complaints, but they also don't want to get it wrong a second time, so it will be a little while.

pdude81

It would be nice if Genie+ told you after each reservation when you were eligible to make a new reservation.

For example: "You can make your next reservation at 2:07 PM or after you enter the Lightning Lane for Pirates of the Caribbean."
It kind of does, but only when you try to make your next one too soon. If they were to say something like what you mentioned, there would be people 3 hours later saying they should get another one when they tapped into Pirates even though they made another at the 2 hour mark. Better not to say too much

mmascari

It would be nice if Genie+ told you after each reservation when you were eligible to make a new reservation.

For example: "You can make your next reservation at 2:07 PM or after you enter the Lightning Lane for Pirates of the Caribbean."
I would like a push notification in the 5 minutes prior to availability. To allow for sluggishness in the notification delivery.

Something like "You may make a new Lightning Lane reservation at 11:07 AM." Deliver that to my phone between 11:02 and 11:07. The closer to 11:07 without going over the better.

DCLcruiser

Man, I really do miss the days of criss-crossing a park all day long trying to get a new FP paper ticket...especially those times when the machine was sold out. So much easier than looking at my phone...

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

Altho i see your point... this "fix" would be way down my list on Genie+ enhancement's that need to happen before this. Pretty much well known its 2 hours after booking or when you use your genie+ choice. Anyone who is stacking to compile multiple obviously knows their way around the system so this wouldnt be needed imo anyways.

natatomic

Maybe in theory. But honestly, the last thing you want is every single Genie+ purchaser being reminded of the exact second that they can get their next fast passes. There aren’t enough fast passes to go around as it is, and that’s with a significant percentage of the purchasers being oblivious as to when they can get their selection, which leaves more selections for those who set alarms and are mire genie+ savvy

JMcMahonEsq

The worst part of Genie+ is having to wake up every day so hopefully this version eliminates that

the second worst thing is not being able to pre book and select your return times........

if those changes were made, Genie+ would be tolerable
Leaving aside the validity of your “worst parts”. Your ideas don’t change Genie+, they just turn in back into FP+.

For as much as I actually liked FP+ they made the decision to move away from it. They might alter the Genie+ model but they aren’t (I don’t think) going to just completely abandon the new model and go backwards. They want to allow more people more choices, not some people better choices. That’s what FP+ did. If you were staying on property, and staying for longer stays, you had a huge advantage Over day guests or off property guests. A day guest wasn’t going to get a High priority FP let alone 3 of them. Now with everyone selecting day of, you might not get 3 high priority rides at the exact time you want it, but almost everyone is going to get 1 or 2 of them.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I dont know if its just me or not but FP+ was great imo. The fact you could literally choose 3 rides prior to getting there and then continue to add ride after ride while in the parks was amazing. Ive stated before and will say it again. Go back to that and simply charge for it. Anyone staying on property truly should not have had any issue getting almost any ride you wanted to and if you stayed off property honestly too bad. That would be one of the perks of staying on property and another selling point. Ive watched the defunctland video and understand it but lets face it. Capacity is the reason why lines are truly longer or lack their of imo. Genie+ is just a nightmare. I truly dk where to even begin.

DCLcruiser

FP+ = Wake up at 7AM 30-60 days before the trip to pick 3 FP/day. Except your first day, was the last day of another person's trip and you couldn't get a FP to the #1 ride at each park. Then spend every day up until your trip adjusting your FP selections. Then continue changing passes during your trip, and pick another one after your initial three/day.

Genie+ = Wake up at 7AM the day of, pick the best FP available. Make changes during the day, and pick more as they are available to you.

It's basically the same, except here everyone gets the same chance day of and you don't have to pre-plan your entire day months in advance.

Maybe I need to experience it in person, but I don't see the big deal. Rope drop #1, pick the best available LL after. ILL the ride you can't live without.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom