Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
Well, we are in Orlando all week so I will
try it again.

I think it did it because when I booked the FoP LL I hadn't yet got in to MK.

I assume the thought process for Disney is...if someone is booking a LL for FoP at AK they will want a reservation for AK rather than MK. I guess if I had already tapped in to MK it would be different.

I'll report back when I do it again later this week.

I doubt it's a glitch, it will be a procedure for sure.
Since you can book two ILLs at 7am, and there is only one ride per park, this really can’t be the procedure. And it isn’t the standard procedure even from this week because I am reading trip reports where people do the same thing but don’t have their park reservations changed.

It must have been a glitch. Do you know what day it happened?

nickys

Premium Member
There have also been no reports of a guest having reservations in 2 parks the same morning on the same ticket… doesn’t seem likely either
This isn’t strictly true.

There was a very well documented glitch where this happened to a lot of people around the time the new APs were introduced. Where park reservations had been booked under the old style APs and then they changed them, the original park reservations remained on MDE.

That was clearly unintentional, but we know the system can support two park reservations on the same day. In fact that’s exactly what happened when there were AP / DVC previews for Remy. An Epcot reservation was added to MDE even if another park reservation had been made.

I’m not saying that’s what happened to @Thepuma though, I still think that was a glitch.

Edited to correct the name!

Last edited:

Anteater

There was a very well documented glitch where this happened to a lot of people around the time the new APs were introduced. Where park reservations had been booked under the old style APs and then they changed them, the original park reservations remained on MDE.

That was clearly unintentional, but we know the system can support two park reservations on the same day. In fact that’s exactly what happened when there were AP / DVC previews for Remy. An Epcot reservation was added to MDE even if another park reservation had been made.

I’m not saying that’s what happened to @Anteater though, I still think that was a glitch.
I think you were talking about @Thepuma. I've been nowhere near the parks since before the pandemic!

Thepuma

How sure are you that someone else in your party didn’t get confused and change it? I only ask this because I’ve seen dozens of reports of people who bought ILL before park open for their hopper park and none had an issue like this. If automatically switching parks in this scenario was WDW’s intention, we should see other cases. It could be a glitch. Not 100% impossible when it comes to Disney IT, lol. There have also been no reports of a guest having reservations in 2 parks the same morning on the same ticket… doesn’t seem likely either.
Probably was a glitch then OR I in effect had 2 reservations for the same day once I bought the LL for a different park.....and it makes sense when you think about it, why would Disney sell you a LL for a park you don't have a reservation for and can't get into.

Looking back now, I believe I could have got into either MK or AK that morning...otherwise they'd have sold me a LL for a park I couldn't get into.

Oh and regards another member of my party changing it without me knowing....impossible l, my wife wouldn't have a clue how to download the MDE app, let alone make or change a reservation.

It's interesting though.....I'll be retrying the scenario later this week to see if it does the same.

Last edited:

Thepuma

Had to have been a glitch or you booked it incorrectly to begin with and didn't realize because that's not how it works
I had my plans all done in advance for every day to work around other things, so I'd treble checked everything the days before the vacation.

It looks like it was either 1)a glitch or more likely 2) Disney can't sell you a LL for a park ypu can't get into...and so it seems likely they also add a reservation to the LL park.

Chi84

Premium Member
Probably was a glitch then OR I in effect had 2 reservations for the same day once I bought the LL for a different park.....and it makes sense when you think about it, why would Disney sell you a LL for a park you don't have a reservation for and can't get into.

Looming back now, I believe I could have got into either MK or AK that morning...otherwise they'd have sold me a LL for a park I couldn't get into.

Oh and regards another member of my party changing it without me knowing....impossible l, my wife wouldn't have a clue how to download the MDE app, let alone make or change a reservation.

It's interesting though.....I'll be retrying the scenario later this week to see if it does the same.
I thought the park hopper feature would get you into the second park. You wouldn't need a second park reservation, would you?

Thepuma

Since you can book two ILLs at 7am, and there is only one ride per park, this really can’t be the procedure. And it isn’t the standard procedure even from this week because I am reading trip reports where people do the same thing but don’t have their park reservations changed.

It must have been a glitch. Do you know what day it happened?
It was Monday this week.

I think looking at it logically and fairly, Disney can't sell you a LL for a park you can't get into (as you have a reservation for a different park)...so it most likely Disney grant you access to both the original park you reserved AND one where you made the LL for.

Thepuma

I thought the park hopper feature would get you into the second park. You wouldn't need a second park reservation, would you?
But technically, you could have a reservation for AK but have a LL for midday in MK (ie before park hop time)...what happens then? Most likely they grant you a reservation for your LL park otherwise they have sold a LL for a park you can't get into.

Chi84

Premium Member
It was Monday this week.

I think looming at it logically and fairly, Disney can't sell you a LL for a park you can't get into (as you have a reservation for a different park)...so it most likely Disney grant you access to both the original park you reserved AND one where you made the LL for.
But wouldn't that allow people to get park hoppers without paying for them?

nickys

Premium Member
It was Monday this week.

I think looming at it logically and fairly, Disney can't sell you a LL for a park you can't get into (as you have a reservation for a different park)...so it most likely Disney grant you access to both the original park you reserved AND one where you made the LL for.
No, that is not how it has worked since ILLs came in last Fall. Hopping was only restricted once, at MK on October 1st and only for a couple of hours before they started letting hoppers in.

Chip Chipperson

But technically, you could have a reservation for AK but have a LL for midday in MK (ie before park hop time)...what happens then? Most likely they grant you a reservation for your LL park otherwise they have sold a LL for a park you can't get into.

That scenario is blocked by the system. If you have a park reservation for MK then you will only be able to book a LL in another park for 2 PM or later.

nickys

Premium Member
The system pushes out the time until after 2pm if you book for a park you don’t have a reservation for. Even if you select a time before 2pm the system pushes it back.

pdude81

You're thinking too hard. If it were somehow changed it'd have to be a glitch. If this happened to me I'd more likely believe I remembered my park reservation wrong as opposed to the system doing more than it was designed to do. Typically you're lucky if it is navigable.

Thepuma

I’m not saying that’s what happened to @Thepuma though, I still think that was a glitch.

Edited to correct the name!
I'm going to try and test it again later this week.

On Friday I have a reservation for Epcot....so I'm going to try and get a LL for FoP before 2pm and that will test the system- or glitch out

But logically thinking....of course Disney should grant you a reservation to the park you have a LL for otherwise they have sold you a pass that you cannot use.

Thepuma

You're thinking too hard. If it were somehow changed it'd have to be a glitch. If this happened to me I'd more likely believe I remembered my park reservation wrong as opposed to the system doing more than it was designed to do. Typically you're lucky if it is navigable.
But if it didn't 'glitch'...or should we say, allow a reservation to your original park AND the LL park...Disney would be selling you a pass you can't use...especially if your LL is before 2pm

As I say...im intrigued now and will test it either Thursday or Friday.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm going to try and test it again later this week.

On Friday I have a reservation for Epcot....so I'm going to try and get a LL for FoP before 2pm and that will test the system- or glitch out

But logically thinking....of course Disney should grant you a reservation to the park you have a LL for otherwise they have sold you a pass that you cannot use.
Just like with FP+ the onus is on you to have an AP or a hopper. Like we’ve said, even if you select a noon ILL time for FoP the system will give you a return time of after 2pm.

Thepuma

Exactly!

If you book an ILL or LL for a second park and you don’t have a hopper you’re SOL. You should be able to get a refund on your ILL if you queue at Guest Services.
For me, it 'may' have allowed me to book a LL at another park because I have a hopper option on my tickets.

When I test it later this week I'm going to make sure I make a reservation at one park and get a morning paid LL at a different park and see what happens.

In this instance I see no other result than Disney having to grant you access to the LL park also to be able to use your LL.

I will report back

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom