Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

BaconPancakes

So what exactly is stopping anyone from saying they are disabled and get all of the genie benefits for free? The abuse I witnessed of the fast pass line last week on my trip was unreal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Photopass is a benefit I‘m interested in, that’s $169 or $199. I don’t have an AP.

If I go for 5 days and want this Genie business for two of us, that’s $130. If this plan had included PhotoPass, that would’ve saved at least $39 for a medium-length trip.

But they don’t, so the point is moot and it doesn’t matter.
Oh…so I see the angle. That would be using the ride system without using the ride system.

…it could have worked…I guess?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So what exactly is stopping anyone from saying they are disabled and get all of the genie benefits for free? The abuse I witnessed of the fast pass line last week on my trip was unreal.

In a DAS FAQ on the official Disney site, the company states, "If Disney determines that any of the statements a Guest made in the process of obtaining DAS are not true, the Guest will be permanently barred from entering Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, and any previously purchased annual passes, Magic Key passes, tickets and other park products and services will be forfeited and not refunded."

No Genie
  • Show up, get in standby lines

Genie
  • The app that will plan your day 'for free' by guiding you to your preferred attractions (standby lines) throughout the day.

Genie+$
  • Costs $15 per day per guest for day tickets. APs get it for free.
  • Access to Lightning Lanes (LLs), which are available one at a time throughout the day.
  • Schedules your LLs like Maxpass in DL or the old paper passes.
  • Shows you the next available scheduling slot for a slew of rides and you pick one, and show up at the time.
  • Once you show up for your LL, you can pick your next LL scheduled slot.
  • All guests can schedule their first LL at 7a.

Genie+Lightning Lanes $elect Experience (LL$)
  • Buy up to two "fastpasses" for select rides, which are most likely the old Tier 1, but which ones will be in this list is not fully known.
  • Disney Resort Guests can purchase LL$ at 7a day-of. Non-resort-guests have to wait until they get into the park.

Virtual Queues
  • Don't know if they'll be under Genie or not.
  • RotR and Rat will have them.
  • If you miss the VG lottery:
    • These attractions could possibly wind up with standby lines on slow days, or,
    • if you buy Genie+$ for the day, then you may be able to buy a LL$ for it.
And if you have a package of 10 days tickets, are you discriminated?

MuppetNation

Not sure if anyone has posted this but they appear to have stopped people from posting comments on their park blog announcement after just 3 comments (well I can't seem to see where to comment anyway)

Minthorne

Seems like they want you to go to the parks less days and spend more those days. Anyone else thinking 3-4 day Disney then 3 days at universal seemed better than 7 Disney days?

heapster411

"Perk" to wake up like I'm going to work during vacation? Eh, no.
I myself get up at the "hairy Buttcrack of Dawn'' so when I am on vacation the DW and I refuse to rush. So getting up late, enjoying my coffee is going to be a wasted case if I want to ride a Tier 1 ride? At least @ 60 Days Out, you had a chance of cancelations on the fast pass site ( not really a given) , but at least there WAS a chance. So, am I missing the point of Genie+? OR is BOB accepting bribes? Inquiring minds need to know!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom