Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Indy_UK

They must be running both systems.

I can't see them doing all this rebranding and the app updates so people can book in advance and then decide to take it all away. Although I would prefer they did a single more expensive option, going from free fastpass, to paid Genie+ to $200 or so Universal type pass would send the casuals into meltdown

SoFloMagic

It could, but unless sales were very low it would severely limit capacity available for LLMP because you would need to hold back capacity for the premium product and still have some left for standby. It’s possible but there are already gripes about rides not being available and this would make it much worse.

An alternative would be to eliminate LLMP, but add more rides to individual LL. So maybe all tier 1s go to individual and they would be priced accordingly and when they sell out they sell out. Then people who don’t buy the premium product can pick and choose which rides they want to skip the line. So for example if they want a 50/50 split between LL and standby and they know how many premium passes were sold they can release the rest of the 50% of LL capacity into an individual ride product.
As a local, I endorse this model. Would love to buy a single ride for, say, $8-10

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom