Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TCarbone

This usually means you have two windows that overlap. Sometimes it lets you overlap, sometimes it doesn't. Nobody seems to understand the rules of why.

This includes dining reservations.

I have nothing prior to it, including dining.

I agree it appears to be an overlap issue... it seems though it is not wanting the modified time to overlap with the original time.

DisneyDreamer08

I have nothing prior to it, including dining.

I agree it appears to be an overlap issue... it seems though it is not wanting the modified time to overlap with the original time.
This is happening to me too. I booked yesterday and was trying to just slightly move a few times up by less than hour. Checking all day, the first screen would say something like Earliest Time Available 9:35 then when I clicked it, all the return times would be 2pm or later. I just assumed it was an overlap issue with current plans. I’m guessing if I canceled everything, which obviously I’m not going to do, then that earlier time would pop up. At this point I’m going to wait until the day of and fiddle faddle then. The good news is that with this system, that’s only a week away, not two months 😂

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This usually means you have two windows that overlap. Sometimes it lets you overlap, sometimes it doesn't. Nobody seems to understand the rules of why.

This includes dining reservations.
I booked mine this morning and generally it allowed a 15 to 20 minute overlap but no more. It’s definitely kinda random how overlap rules get applied.

DisneyDreamer08

Decided to test out a theory this morning.
We check into CBR this Saturday and I posted here this past Saturday about my experience booking LL. Today is the 3 day mark if I was staying off site. I’ve been wondering if Disney holds back LLs for people staying off site and if more availability would come up today. My daughter was up early this morning so since I was awake, I tested it out.

A little before 7am, I attempted to modify my Tiana LL. It showed up as no availability. I checked again at 7am, still no availability.
A little before 7, I attempted to modify my Slinky Dog LL, the earliest availability was 5:55pm. Checked again at 7, it still said 5:55. I refreshed a few times and it jumped to 6:05pm.

For the heck of it, I did attempt to book Tiana for a day later in the week and it was available at 4:30pm. So if you are staying off site, just like with the old FP+ system, I would book high demand LLs as far out as possible.

So in conclusion, it does not appear lightning lanes are “saved” for off site guests.

akileese

This was my experience as well trying to book Tiana, which I was able to get at 3 days out, but not 7 days out. They definitely slow roll the release of capacity, either that or people just book stuff and give it up on a whim. I'm not really sure which, but I would assume in an effort to get your 3 day out guests to actually buy LL, they would hold back some capacity. Slinky and Tiana are very bad examples though since they're incredibly hard to book.

Purduevian

Decided to test out a theory this morning.
We check into CBR this Saturday and I posted here this past Saturday about my experience booking LL. Today is the 3 day mark if I was staying off site. I’ve been wondering if Disney holds back LLs for people staying off site and if more availability would come up today. My daughter was up early this morning so since I was awake, I tested it out.

A little before 7am, I attempted to modify my Tiana LL. It showed up as no availability. I checked again at 7am, still no availability.
A little before 7, I attempted to modify my Slinky Dog LL, the earliest availability was 5:55pm. Checked again at 7, it still said 5:55. I refreshed a few times and it jumped to 6:05pm.

For the heck of it, I did attempt to book Tiana for a day later in the week and it was available at 4:30pm. So if you are staying off site, just like with the old FP+ system, I would book high demand LLs as far out as possible.

So in conclusion, it does not appear lightning lanes are “saved” for off site guests.
SDD is definitely going to be a Challege for offsite guests. It sometimes has a drop times, but is less reliable. Tiana on the other hand almost always drops at X:48 during the park day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
SDD is definitely going to be a Challege for offsite guests. It sometimes has a drop times, but is less reliable. Tiana on the other hand almost always drops at X:48 during the park day.
Each hour? That’s interesting. Is there a cheat sheet out there somewhere for any other rides? Specifically rat?

Purduevian

Each hour? That’s interesting. Is there a cheat sheet out there somewhere for any other rides? Specifically rat?

No promises, but this was my best attempt at making a LL drop sheet. I believe Touring plans has one as well behind their subscription, however I can't confirm.

You can see the tiana drops pretty well from thrill data:
1723725834168.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member

No promises, but this was my best attempt at making a LL drop sheet. I believe Touring plans has one as well behind their subscription, however I can't confirm.

You can see the tiana drops pretty well from thrill data:
View attachment 809496
Excellent. makes things easier

nickys

Premium Member
Probably #2 and I assume no drops day of.
Why assume no drops? There are more rides with drops now than under G+ and more frequent drops too.

Not that any are guaranteed, but since PP was #2 to sell out in MK after JC under G+, I would be surprised if it didn’t have drops.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why assume no drops? There are more rides with drops now than under G+ and more frequent drops too.

Not that any are guaranteed, but since PP was #2 to sell out in MK after JC under G+, I would be surprised if it didn’t have drops.
I didn’t think it had regular drops before so assuming that continues but it would be good if it did start having them.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn’t think it had regular drops before
That is correct.

But MK didn’t have daily drops under G+ . However since the new system came in, MK does now have them. Including for Jungle Cruise and Tiana.

Since Splash ranked below JC and PP in terms of sold out G+ , I therefore expect PP to also have them.

arich35

That is correct.

But MK didn’t have daily drops under G+ . However since the new system came in, MK does now have them. Including for Jungle Cruise and Tiana.

Since Splash ranked below JC and PP in terms of sold out G+ , I therefore expect PP to also have them.

Has anyone listed the drops? Would be helpful

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom