Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

JohnD

It's still such a foreign concept to me to PLAN to park hop this way. This just requires so much work.
I'm with a family at the parks right now. We aren't doing mutli park but have to plan our pre 7am strategy every day for VQ and G+ then ILL at park open (we're staying off site). After that religiously choosing next G+ attraction every two hours after park open. It's exhausting!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm with a family at the parks right now. We aren't doing mutli park but have to plan our pre 7am strategy every day for VQ and G+ then ILL at park open (we're staying off site). After that religiously choosing next G+ attraction every two hours after park open. It's exhausting!
Magical isn’t it? I remember going on a Disney vacation to destress back in the good ol days

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ at Magic Kingdom has sold out for the day.

IMG_624EE8192783-1.jpeg

JohnD

I'm just happy we have yet to see it sell out before 7am. I had fears that people would need to stay up until midnight to buy it, then up at 7am to start booking things. As it stands you can still go to bed when you want without the fear of it selling out.
Just got back. I'm very glad that wasn't the case. I got tired of the pre-7am wake up ritual to do what we needed to do on and before 7am, though.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Children with qualifying disabilities whose families meet SSI's low income and asset requirements are eligible to receive monthly cash payments intended to help families meet their child's needs. The resources and income of the minor's parents are “deemed” to the child.

The income requirements vary per state, but most are under $1k a month. The asset requirements are that everything you own should be less than $2k total.

So we’re battering about the idea that families with disabled children get extra money as a boon from the government, when in reality those that benefit from SSI don’t make enough to live on, have nothing to their name not even a car, and are barely getting enough food in their bellies, if they even can manage that.

I’m sorry, but i hope I’m misinterpreting the reason this argument point was made. Because, gross.

surfsupdon

You know I don’t get it.

Last week we were there for our Senior Trip, March 11-16. Parks opened very early (7,730,8,830) and ILL were sometimes gone by 9/930am. (Groups aren’t treated as Disney Resort Guests so we must wait till park opening to purchase.) The place was mobbed with people last week, multi hour waits for many, many rides. Triple digits.

This current week, one week later, March 18-22, the parks were dead quiet, with ILL available past 6p and VQ available till after 5p. Most rides were super short queues, Slinky, Rise, and Mine Train were often 45mins or less. YET the price for Genie+ is at its highest point and was higher all week than prior week.

I’m not asking why the parks were quieter this week (I’m sure it’s just school breaks), but I am asking why is the correlation of Genie+ pricing so off? Disney knows this week would be less busy bc park hours are shorter. I don’t get it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's interesting it's at that price point, because last week was uncharacteristically slow (likely a random off-week between college and K12 spring breaks).... Still, I think we'll see the $50s by Christmas
This is more Good Friday and Easter holiday week in the US I think as much as a spring break week.

Last week was kinda odd though considering the week prior was more spring break crowded

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom