Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

JD80

for 95+% of guests this was not not an option and that's why gsat numbers were bad and why they got rid of it

Just not possible

Taking advantage of FP+ also meant knowing how and WHEN to refresh. There were multiple drops during the day when Ops would drop additional FP inventory in to the system. So just like 7AM or 1pm VQs now, you could tap in exactly at a specific time and snag headliners. It was consistent and repeatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dranth

Minus the cost, G+ is a better system than FP+ for most people.

Yes, those that knew how to use it could go nuts on FP+ but that was part of the problem. A relatively small group of those of us in the know were eating up a disproportionate amount of the available inventory and it was making the overall experience worse for the majority of guests.

What they should do is...

Add:
- prepurchase of G+ for length of stay
- ability to book 1st ride each day ahead of stay
- ability to buy 1 maybe 2 ILL ahead of stay

Maybe:
- Allow time selection.

Leave the rest alone and see how it goes.

No matter what, for all our sanity, ADD CAPACITY!

mikejs78

Premium Member
I know what im talking about from experience........if one or two people got to ride a few extra C level attractions from sitting in the corner on their phone for hours than so be it.......

Just because it was your experience, it doesn't mean it was others. Looking at my past trip notes from a trip I took in 2019, by refreshing with FP+, I got Space Mountain, 7DMT, BTM, HM, PoC, Test Track, Soarin, FEA, Slinky Dog, Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and the Safari. Not drop times (which I was aware of), but just refreshing throughout the day. Hardly Small World 10x, or Barnstormer 10x. Just because you didn't do it, it doesn't mean countless other people didn't. Only thing I wanted that I wasn't able to get by refresh was FoP, and I ended up getting that on a drop time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Fact is, all the headliners were sold out 30 days in advance

And I can again assure you that this is 100% incorrect - "headliners" were available day-of because not only did I get them while in the parks multiple times but others I know did multiple times across multiple trips as well. And we weren't "gaming the system", we simply don't and never will care that much about trying to book rides we've been on dozens of, if not a hundred, times.

LittleBuford

Care to share? Were/are you a day guest or resort guest? Did you book FP+ at 30 days? What time would you go to the parks?
I never booked FastPasses more than 30 days out. I always managed to get many more than my initial selection of three. Refreshing the app, I was often able to snag some pretty great selections that were previously unavailable. I realise that others didn’t do as well as I did out of the system, but I can only speak for myself.

mikejs78

Premium Member
This can’t be argued. FP+ is gone because of it. Gsat stats were awful.

That’s an indisputable fact.

I'm not sure where you're getting this. I seem to remember hearing that GSATs for FastPass+ were pretty good. There were definately a sizeable number of people who didn't like it, and it definately had its issues, but I don't think that GSATs were necessarily as bad as you think. One of the biggest complaints I think that the GSATs indicated wasn't availability of attractions, but rather the fact that you had to plan your ride times 30/60 days out.

They got rid of it because they wanted a new revenue stream and it was operationally problematic, not because of bad GSATs. Now, I may be misremeberhing here, and would be happy if someone in the know (hint @ToTBellHop @lentesta @wdwmagic) would be able to give an indication of how popular/unpopular FP+ was.

Your own personal experience does not necessarily make something an undisputable fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom