Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

SingleRider

Premium Member
Genie+ has decreased again for January 3.

IMG_3117.jpeg

TheMaxRebo

Was there supposed to be an announcement for the revision of Genie + for early 2024 or was that just supposed to happen sometime during 2024?

They just said adjustments are to coming in 2024, but not timing beyond that provided.

There was some thinking/assumptions it would go along with the dropping of (most) park reservations and the park hopping restrictions but so far nada

Fido Chuckwagon

They just said adjustments are to coming in 2024, but not timing beyond that provided.

There was some thinking/assumptions it would go along with the dropping of (most) park reservations and the park hopping restrictions but so far nada
Another website (that I think we’re not allowed to mention here) indicates that this is days away from being announced.

JD80

@lentesta alluded to some other announcement and didn't comment further either this week or last.

Might be genie+ related!

He also discussed a survey about where you spend money at the parks which may be Disney figuring out if Genie+ is stealing money from dining or merch. He even mentioned, based in TP data that hopper purchases are down too.

When they announce whatever changes they are doing, you may see stuff like "Free Dining" but instead of a force hopper ticket it's a forced G+ for your duration hoping you spend more money on food and merch instead.

This is just me guessing obviously.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
@lentesta alluded to some other announcement and didn't comment further either this week or last.

Might be genie+ related!

He also discussed a survey about where you spend money at the parks which may be Disney figuring out if Genie+ is stealing money from dining or merch. He even mentioned, based in TP data that hopper purchases are down too.

When they announce whatever changes they are doing, you may see stuff like "Free Dining" but instead of a force hopper ticket it's a forced G+ for your duration hoping you spend more money on food and merch instead.

This is just me guessing obviously.
my guess is PH tickets are down because 1) they are more expensive and the cost of going to Disney now is much higher than in the past and 2) the 2pm park hopping limitation they once had

I guarantee that merch and dining is down from guests choosing to spend that money on G+/ILLs.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
my guess is PH tickets are down because 1) they are more expensive and the cost of going to Disney now is much higher than in the past and 2) the 2pm park hopping limitation they once had

I guarantee that merch and dining is down from guests choosing to spend that money on G+/ILLs.
It's worse, it becomes a gridlock creator. It results in an entire park filled with people that have nothing to do. When you have a return time 5 hours from now and everything has a 2 hour wait because of G+ choking standby line access, how much shopping and or eating can family (especially with young kids) realistically do without going off the wall or having the little ones "time out".

I've noticed this in my last couple of visits, that you just see so many people on benches or walls or other locations just sitting down doing nothing. (Why would anyone be happy paying hundreds of dollars per person and more on top of that for G+/ILL only to find out they still have large gaps of downtime.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom