Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

They officially said, emphasis mine:

Can be 60 days prior or 7 days prior starting on Dec 30th 2024 for all we know.
My guess it will be 7 days prior to your visit. If it really was going to be any longer they would start talking about it now.

I still think the best compromise is letting guests book their first LL ahead of time. It gets rid of the 7am complaints but keeps the system basically the same.

JD80

My guess it will be 7 days prior to your visit. If it really was going to be any longer they would start talking about it now.

I still think the best compromise is letting guests book their first LL ahead of time. It gets rid of the 7am complaints but keeps the system basically the same.

That would be my preference. I don't care how many days in advance as long as I can do every day a few days prior to check in.

tanc

Premium Member
I recently used G+ once on a trip and really didn't like it, never bought it again. At least with old fast pass you could pick out everything you want to ride and not have to worry about it. I don't like that it's a whatever is available system, certain rides would have required me to wait like 4+ hours, which just wasn't worth it. It's kind of insane people are buying Genie+ because I don't see the value in it. Mind you, I was even traveling solo, but to constantly have to try and methodically plan where to go just isn't worth it.

It's sad stand by lines are so inflated, when I went to TDR in May (before the 40th anniversary fast pass thing was introduced) it felt like heaven. I only waited like 30 minutes for a majority of rides, and even more popular ones had maybe an hour wait. Of course, the rides you paid for had the longest lines, but I was able to do everything in one day. I'm not sure I could say the same for WDW, I was waiting like 1 hour+ for most rides. Worst was getting in line and then finding out I was in line for 30 minutes or an hour than they stated at the beginning.

TQQQ

Tier system will be just for the pre-booking if there is any.
So there won’t be any tiers for non resort guests or resort guests after they book their pre bookings? Wonder if you will have to use all 3 before booking another one or if the 120 minute rule would apply right at park opening.

If you had to use all 3, hoping there’s an option to book first only and then have the 120 min rule apply

Purduevian

How can they do Tiers with ILL's? They would have to eliminate them and theres no way thats happening

I hope if they are going back to tiers they get rid of ILL... but I don't see it. If I had to guess.

ParkILL (Max 2 per day)G+ Tier 1 (Pick 1 for AR)G+ Tier 2 (Pick 2 for AR)
Magic KingdomTron, 7 dwarfSpace, Pan, Jungle CruiseBarnstormer, Thunder, Buzz, Parade, Dumbo, Belle, HM, iasm, Tea Party, Carpets, Pooh, Ariel, Cindy, Mickey, Tiana, Philharmagic, Monsters, Pirates, Speedway, Under the sea
EpcotGuardiansFrozen, Rat, Test TrackPixar, Figment, Land, MS, Seas, Soarin, SSE, Crush
Hollywood StudiosRiseMMRR, ToT, SlinkyAlien, BatB, Jr., Frozen, Indy, Olaf, MFSR, Muppet, RNRC, ST, TSMM
Animal KingdomFoPNavi, Everest, SafariAnimation, Dinosaur, Feathered, FotLK, Nemo, Bug, Kali, Mickey,

Epcot and AK have very week tier 2s...
This was my best attempt at making tiers in the current Parks.

TQQQ

Would you rather:

1) Have no Tiers and book your first ride only in place of the 7am current rule and then have the 120 min/expire/use the LL before you book another

OR

2) Have Tiers and book 1 Tier 1 ride and 2 Tier 2 rides BUT have to use all 3 before booking another ride?

Purduevian

Would you rather:

1) Have no Tiers and book your first ride only in place of the 7am current rule and then have the 120 min/expire/use the LL before you book another

OR

2) Have Tiers and book 1 Tier 1 ride and 2 Tier 2 rides BUT have to use all 3 before booking another ride?
For once, I agree with you that I would much rather have #1. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge. Also please let me LL a ride more than once in a day (re-rides)

TQQQ

For once, I agree with you that I would much rather have #1. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge. Also please let me LL a ride more than once in a day (re-rides)
Ha....Ok....We can all get along here.......I think #1 is the way to go but maybe add 2 max ILL purchases (in case of park hopping) so then resort guests will have 2-3 rides pre booked

This doesnt take all the time slots up for the day guests and solves the early riser problem

TheMaxRebo

AK is really tough (I mean, none are ideal) - sucks to make the Safari, the key attra tion in the park, hard to get on. That is one part hat hasn't seen any new rides since they last had tiers (in the past it was FoP and Navi as the two tier 1s)

Jrb1979

While it would be nice to have re-rides I don't see how they can do it. There just isn't enough capacity for that to happen.

Let resort guests book 1 ahead of time so they can stop whining about 7am wake up. Leave the rest as is. They need to stop making visiting the parks complicated.

Personally I wish they would make everything standby and put the top 2 attractions in each park as LL.

TQQQ

While it would be nice to have re-rides I don't see how they can do it. There just isn't enough capacity for that to happen.

Let resort guests book 1 ahead of time so they can stop whining about 7am wake up. Leave the rest as is. They need to stop making visiting the parks complicated.
Agree........and this wouldn't really change anything as far as ride availability for everyone else.....I think allowing to pick return times will spread the inventory out and might actually HELP the 7am rush since not everybody will be getting "first available" right at 7am b a lot will pick later return times

co10064

Premium Member
Part of me wishes Genie+ would go away in favor of an entirely ILL a la carte experience. It would probably be more expensive but it would drastically reduce planning and unnecessarily complexity. ...but I think I'm in the minority.

TQQQ

Part of me wishes Genie+ would go away in favor of an entirely ILL a la carte experience. It would probably be more expensive but it would drastically reduce planning and unnecessarily complexity. ...but I think I'm in the minority.
I like the express pass model. Price it high and limit sales to make it worth it

But that’s not happening either

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom